You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apparition Souvenir

Real Ghost Stories

Apparition Souvenir

 

Two years ago, I spent my summer holidays with a friend in Mendoza, a province in Argentina, which is around 1000 km (620 miles) away from Buenos Aires (where I live). His sister (let's call her Juliet) and nephews had recently moved there so we stayed with her. I was thrilled with the place, since it was really different from my home city and I even considered trying my luck there.

One day, after the kids went to bed, we could finally relax and have a couple cigarettes, Juliet told me she had escaped from her ex-husband. My friend had told me something about it, very lightly, about his sister having trouble with her husband, and she gave me the details.

Juliet and her ex had been together for around 8 years. At first they got along perfectly, then they had their first child, and another one a couple of years later. But by the time the oldest was 6, the guy had completely changed. Juliet told me he had joined a pretty well-known cult over here, known for practising black magic and shady stuff such as calling entities and make them work for you. The guy had become so violent and crazy, that he even attempted to run over Juliet and the kids with his car when they were out shopping.

I got all her story in one night. Of course I'm leaving the details out, but one thing that was making me feel uneasy was her particular intensity when talking about the shady paranormal stuff her ex would do. It's completely understandable though, I would get pretty intense too. But at the same time, while listening to her, I couldn't stop thinking that she was somehow calling the guy. It was past midnight when she got to that part of the story, but I chose to not say anything, since she had been through so much and obviously needed someone to talk to.

After a while, we went to bed around 2 am. I wanted to have a good night sleep so I made sure I was protected before laying on my bed, just in case (I used two different protection techniques). I also visualized myself completely calm and surrounded by my spiritual guides, and asked them to protect me during my sleep.

I don't know exactly what time it was when I woke up, because it was just for a little while. I felt a finger poking me on my back, since I was facing a wall. When I turned over, I saw a dark figure standing right behind me, I could see his arms and legs. Even though he was completely dark, I recognised him right away, it was that guy. So I turned back and kept sleeping! Lol My reaction is what amazes me most, I felt no fear. I turned my head to see what was behind me, and I was like "ah it's you, f*** off". I didn't fall asleep right away, I knew that thing was trying to scare me so I focused on staying calm and falling asleep again. While doing so, I felt a strong tickling on my back.

The following day, I didn't tell Juliet what had happened.

Later that day, I was thirsty so I looked for my water bottle. I checked the fridge, the kitchen, the dining and living room, and couldn't find it. Then I remembered the kids usually wake up at night and go straight to the fridge for some water. They particularly liked my bottle because it was colourful and made out of a hard plastic. "They must have taken it", so I went into their bedroom and found it on a night table. But when I grabbed it, there was something odd about it. At first I didn't notice, but after observing for a few minutes, I found it was deformed. The bottle was originally cylinder-shaped, like any other regular bottle. But that day I found it like it had been grabbed and pressed very strongly. The strange thing is, the bottle is made out of a super hard and thick material, it's not a regular plastic bottle. It's not the kind that melts easily near a source of heat or under the sun for a long time (it's never been), and it's pretty impossible to bend pressing it by hand and not break it. The kids could have never bent it.

After that, I told Juliet about it and she wasn't surprised at all. She told me she had also seen that dark figure the previous night too, and couldn't sleep well, neither the kids. They would always have nightmares.

In the following days, other things kept happening, like some little curtains that were out of reach would be pushed to one side of the windows, or things would disappear and appear somewhere else.

Luckily, that was the only time I saw the dark figure. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone here?

Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GabiFranz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GabiFranz (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
Hello Joe! Thank you very much for your comment!
That's the only creepy experience I've had in the paranormal field. I've had others (positive ones, or at least not scary) that fall into the psychic category instead, so I don't know if those will ever be published on this website.
From most of my experiences, I've learnt that fear is such a poisonous energy, along with hate. And you're right, those entities feed themselves on fear. I think the way you react to any kind of situation shows how mentally strong you are. I've never perceived myself as someone strong in any way at all. But then something like this happens and you get the chance to know yourself better. So keep your mind and spirit up! You never know when life's going to test you 😉
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-16)
Bravo! I applaud your bravery in how you reacted to the entity. I have read about other people yelling at the entity to leave in a commanding voice without fear and it working. You did not yell, but you were firm and not scared. I believe you took away the spirit's source of power: your fear. I do not have any similar episodes in my history of paranormal accounts, but if something like that ever occurs to me, I hope to be able to copy your example.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Thank you Gabi Franz for your reply. It was a new insight of occultism for me, thoroughly interesting. I'm glad for the improving lifestyle of Juliet and am hoping God to always guide her that she never crosses path with that monster again.
GabiFranz (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Hello Alina!

I'll try to explain what I mean in that sentence, "I couldn't stop thinking she was somehow calling the guy".

I've been learning about occultism for quite some time now. One of the first things you get to read is the way words-thoughts-emotion work. When you combine thoughts with enough intense emotion, the thing you speak about inevitably shows up somehow. You know, there's always someone who keeps talking about their problems, and that's all you get from that person. Have you ever wondered why things keep getting worse for them? What are they attracting? Words fuelled by emotions are super powerful. That's why I thought she was "calling" him. Hope I've explained it well.

I didn't get to see the apparition long enough to recognise the guy. It was a dark figure. Juliet described him as a dark figure too, before I told her about what had happened to me. And yes, she would ocassionally experience apparitions in the middle of the night and would have nightmares.

I haven't talked to her in a long time now, but I know she's doing ok. She turned to Buddhism around the same time she escaped from him, and according to her, it changed her life for the better. Apart from that, I can't say much more.
Life itself is in charge of making that guy pay for everything he's done to her and the kids.
GabiFranz (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Hello Lealeigh! Thank you for your welcome:)
I stayed in touch with Juliet after I went back to Buenos Aires, but she wouldn't mention the guy. I do remember her telling me that recently she wasn't having as many nightmares as she usually would. Eventually she moved back to her hometown, but haven't had the chance to meet her again (we live very far apart from each other). All I know is they're alright now, and she's in a new relationship.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Hello GabiFranz,

My prayers for the well-being of you and Juliet.
I couldn't understand this sentence in the story, if you would mind clarifying it well.

"I couldn't stop thinking she was somehow calling the guy"

Did the apparition resembled much to Juliet's ex- husband?

Did she ocassionally experienced such things?

I advice the best is to consult a psychic well experienced in such cases. That guy is mentally torturing Juliet for heaven's sake through those awful cult practices. I fear he might be a potential danger for Juliet and her kids.

I'll say it's better for Juliet to file a complaint against this man and go somewhere far out of his reach. I can't imagine the impact this insane dude had on those little kids.

May God bless her!

Peace
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-03)
Hello GabiFranz and welcome to YGS,

That sounds really scary. I would be amazed at my ability to roll over and fall back asleep if I were you too.

In the two years since then, have you heard any news of what is going on in Juliet's life - from her brother maybe? I do hope that she maintained her distance from that guy. I hope she didn't go back to suffer in that relationship.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: