You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Navy Blue Paint

Real Ghost Stories

Navy Blue Paint

 

It was the year 2014, and I was 11 years old. My family (my dad, stepmom, and three biological siblings and three step-siblings) had recently moved from Alaska to Washington State and moved into what we call the "Blue House" because it was painted a dark, navy blue. I don't remember when the first haunting happened, but it was probably about a month or two after we'd settled in.

There is a historical park called Olmstead about 40 minutes away from our home and I was fascinated by it. It used to belong to a family called the Olmsteads who'd settled in 1875 and built multiple houses. A "caretaker", you could say, told us stories about the ghosts she'd see around the property and there were stories about the family being buried under the floorboards. A few weeks after I'd started visiting the park, strange things began happening.

Now that I look back, I suspect that either the spirits of that park had followed me home and had awoken the other residing in the "Blue House", or my own presence had awoken the whole other dimension up and decided to annoy me.

For the first several months, I'd hear voices - whispering - and see humanoid shadows out of the corner of my eyes in broad daylight. My sister had even seen a man in our neglected garden wearing a khaki trench coat, but when she looked away and back again, he was gone. Nearing the spring of my first year and final year at the "Blue House", the hauntings got worse.

And I began to see things.

The first time was after I'd gone to the Olmstead park and it was late at night - probably around 9:30 P.M. I was in my bed with my closet sitting in front of me, doors wide open. My mind was clear and I was fully awake when I saw her. She was nearly indecipherable with my horrible vision (I have glasses), but as the minutes ticked by, she got clearer and more solid. She wore a 19th century brown dress with poufy sleeves and a dirty, white apron. Her chesnut hair was tied in a messy bun and she standing completely to the side. The only thing that creeped me out was her eyes.

Because she didn't have any.

A few weeks later, it was in the dead of night, and once again... I saw another one. Immediately, I got a horrible sense of dread, and it felt like ice was in my heart and was spreading to my vital organs. Another apparition appeared and they (I guess I could call it a "her" because it looked female) didn't have eyes. Just empty, black sockets.

And she was staring right at me.

I snuggled deeper into my covers and said, in a clear voice, "Go away."

That was the wrong answer. Instantly, her whole demeanour changed. Her face contorted into fury and she vanished. The icy feeling in my chest grew larger and she reappeared at my dresser, in the corner of my room.

Much closer than before.

She began to rise from her crouched position and her nails morphed into deadly claws, like an animal. My mouth was sealed shut, and I was so scared I couldn't scream. Her mouth opened and - I turned away.

Shaking like a leaf, I waited for impact, but none came. Slowly, I peekd from under my covers and saw that she was gone.

I was relieved, but I didn't sleep well for the rest of that night.

About a month flew by, and once again, I was alone one day. It was 4:30 P.M, I was the only one in the hallway, and all the lights were off and my bedroom door was open. I was reading a book - a comic, probably - when I got chills. I looked up into the hallway and the sense of dread from all those days ago returned.

Then, there was a head. A disembodied, floating head right outside my doorway. After a few seconds, it slid into the wall and all was quiet. I watched in morbid fascination as the disembodied head repeated itself three times. I decided to get outta there. I abandoned my book, walked out the door - closing it behind me - and went down the dark hallway.

As I walked, I felt a breath on the back of my neck. The hairs there stood up and my skin prickled with goosebumps. Turning, I startled at the sight of another ghost! She (so many were either little girls or grown women) wore a flowing white dress and had a bundle of flowers in her right hand. I stared at her for a second before turning away and full-on sprinting up the stairs to share my tales. Of course my family didn't believe me.

Then, my birthday rolled around. I was turning 12. My sisters' friends were over (I had problems socializing and the thought of having someone over just freaks me out) and was this huge, pink-and-more-pink birthday party. We all decided to got on this weird, dopey ghost hunt and used my brother's speaker-and-microphone to pick up the voices of the dead.

That's when we went to my room at the very end of the hallway.

My brother said he heard whispers. Scratching, as if someone were writing something on parchment. He heard shuffling, and a few bumps and nicks here and there. As an experiment, we left my creepy, glass doll on the dresser and went upstairs. After fooling around with dress-up and cake, we headed back downstairs.

My creepy, glass doll had moved. It sat on one of the dresser previously, and then now it was on the other.

We all started freaking out and yelling at each other, demanding if any of us had snuck downstairs and been a little sh*t and my parents got sick of it. They forbid us from hunting "ghosts" and all that nonsense, and we obliged. The hauntings slowed down to a stop, and by the end of the year... They hadn't said a peep.

That was until I moved to North Carolina in 2015.

And that's a story for another time!

Other hauntings by creeps_peeps

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, creeps_peeps, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

creeps_peeps (2 stories) (5 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-20)
Lady-glow: Yes, that is the place. Very nice! If you want to go there, you would have to set up an "appointment", whatever that is.

As for the 'dopey ghost hunt', we were all being extremely quiet and pretty much holding our breaths. Speaking of the whispers my brother heard... He heard them with his own ears.

That was the only time an object moved. And the house was small, so it would have been difficult to sneak off downstairs with so many eyes on everyone.

And, no. I haven't searched up the house's history.

~

Alina5: I don't know the range, but it could pick up quiet sounds pretty well. I don't know if it had a sonogrpahic built-in system. With the same clarification in Lady-glow's message, we were all being deathly silent.

The whispers were heard both manually and through the device. Speaking of sounds, we had a problem with ants and spiders, but no rats or small animals. I doubt an insect would be strong enough to make such a racket. We owned a dog, but we never locked him in our rooms (the one time was an accident). We didn't have any workers and nobody snuck off to change the doll's position. Too many eyes.

I grew more aware of the incidents as time went on, but it was rather quick, since I often notice things most people don't.

Thank you for the questions!
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
Hello creeps_peeps,

Thank you for acknowledging the comment and providing your input regarding this.

I, thereby would like to ask a few of the questions which if you won't mind clarifying well.

"My brother said he heard whispers. Scratching noises as if someone were writing something on the parchment. He heard shuffling and a few bumps and nicks here and there."

Can I ask you the range of the speaker- microphone you're using?

Generally, the radars used to detect any verbal recordings during the discovery of paranormal have a sonographic in-built system which only reacts to vivid sonic disturbances. I maybe wrong regarding this and would appreciate to be corrected.

However, with the birthday celebration going on, the atmosphere is bound to be noisy. So it can cause errors while capturing voices, unless your room is located far off and is efficienctly noise-proof.

Were the whispers recorded on the device?

Or heard manually?

Same question for other noises as well.

Did you ever checked inside to observe this source of scratching noise?

Are you sure it wasn't a cat or dog? (If you owned any).

Are you sure any worker in the household had accidentally placed the doll there?

Were these activities only perceived by you until you moved out?

Hope you're doing well now without experiencing any post-hand trauma after this. Although these were terrifying enough to keep a person awake all night.

Looking forward to hear more of your experiences.

May God Bless you!

Peace
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
Hello creeps_peeps.

I'm glad that you will participate in the discussion, though I wasn't talking about any misspelled words in your narrative.

May I ask if this is the park you are talking about?

Olmstead+place+historical+state+park&oq= olmstead+place+historical+state+park&aqs=chrome...69i57.31342j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I may have more questions depending on your answer.

As for the part:

"We all decided to got on this weird, dopey ghost hunt and used my brother's speaker-and-microphone to pick up the voices of the dead."

Did you get anything at all? Personally, I wouldn't give too much credit if you did, since it sounds like there was too many people present at that moment and this would have interfered with the results.

"My brother said he heard whispers. Scratching, as if someone were writing something on parchment. He heard shuffling, and a few bumps and nicks here and there"

Are you talking about the above recording session or by this do you mean that your brother heard the noises under some other circumstances?

"My creepy, glass doll had moved. It sat on one of the dresser previously, and then now it was on the other."

Was this the only time an object was moved? On this I have to agree with silverthane"s theory about poltergeist activity, after all, there was a large group of girls with their minds set on 'hunting ghosts'.

Lastly, by now, have you tried researching the history of the navy blue house?
creeps_peeps (2 stories) (5 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
Silverthane61: I might have been the only one, but there was one incident where where my sister saw a man in our garden but disappeared almost immediately.

Tweed: I chose "Navy Blue Paint" because the name represented the color of the house and the color represented the house itself.

Freakedoutfreddy: It was a man's head.

Alina5: I wish I hadn't excluded myself from the discussion. Is there a way to change that?

Lady-glow: I wasn't paying attention to the spelling errors and the part regarding my dresser when the doll moved. In that specific part, it meant to say that the doll had moved from the right side to the left side of it. Hope that helps.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
...I don't know. I give the benefit of the doubt in all occasions, but I have to say that this is one fantastic series of events! I know pre-teens (especially girls) are often present when poltergeistic activity occurs - and there were plenty of them in that home. However, this goes beyond poltergeists. You have seen multiple full-bodied apparitions. Were you the only one to see these entities?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
And it's not even Halloween.

There's been a few stories featuring a preteen, a blue house and birthday stuff. Each one I find hard to believe.

I would like to know why this is called Navy Blue Paint. Maybe Blue House was taken.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-18)
No offense bro but your family is like the Brady bunch. The head was freaking awesome. Was it a man's or a lady's head?😜 😁 🤔
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-18)
Hello creeps_peeps,

I believe you will have a better insight regarding your experience if you'll participate in the discussion. You can learn various reasonings from various posters which can present a new concept before you.

I have a few queries regarding your account. I hope you re- consider your decision and most possibly reply to them.

Respectfully,
Alina

Peace
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
I hope you could participate in the discussion and clarify some confusing points in your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: