You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Voice Of My Dad

Real Ghost Stories

Voice Of My Dad

 

My father passed away due to cancer last Christmas. When he was alive, I was actively taking care of him especially when he couldn't move that much anymore. I was always grieving and crying whenever I feel lonely and whenever I miss him, which is normal because losing a parent will really affect your life in so many ways. Anyway, I often hear his voice especially in the morning. A little weird because I usually wake up around 10am which is also the time of his death.

It happens quite often whenever I miss my dad. I live alone now in an apartment in Japan. It happens whenever I have a deep sleep and whenever I have dreams about him, it feels so real, it feels so vivid. A quick moment after waking up, I could hear his voice as if he is just whispering to me. And there are times when I suddenly wake up because I can hear his voice, but his voice is so calm, like he is just calling me. It's so close to my ears, as if we were in such a near distance with each other. But I don't feel scared or worried, because I feel and know that it is him. What surprises me the most is because his voice is so clear (literally the same when he was still alive, when he asks me to do some chores).

Has anyone ever experienced hearing a deceased loved one's voice? I was thinking that maybe it is a way to communicate with me, to tell me to stop grieving or to move on. I'm really curious. Was it my imagination? Or is it a message or a real sign that is sent by a deceased loved one?

What do you think about it? Let me know. Please help me and share your ideas. Been thinking about it a lot for a while!:)

Other hauntings by asires85

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, asires85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-05)
Haven, that is amazing. I read your wonderful story 'His Favorite' a couple of weeks ago, and was so moved by it. There is no doubt in my mind that your dear dad is still with you. I am very intrigued to know what it felt like the other day when you heard his voice. (The timing of reading your story today means a lot to me, as today is the anniversary of my dad's death in 1981.)
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-05)
Asires85 -

The timing of this story is perfect for me. A few days ago I was talking to my oldest daughter on the phone and our conversation turned to my dad. He past away in May 14 years ago. My daughter told me that she was sad because she has forgotten his voice. She was only 8 when he died but she was very close to him. It made me sad to hear her say that so after we hung up the phone I started going through my memories of him and trying to remember his voice so that I never forget it. I went through conversations we had and I remembered his laugh. I especially remembered that loving tone of voice he took when he spoke to his kids and grand kids. The next few days I had him on my mind more than usual. One day, I was walking down the stairs when I very clearly heard his voice, it sounded like he was asking me where I was going. I stopped in my tracks to see if I could hear more but I didn't, it was just a few words. I thought long and hard about this incident. Was it just my imagination? Was his voice somehow just in my head from me thinking about him for so long? Or was he talking to me to make sure I wouldn't forget his voice. Or, was he making sure I knew he was still with me because days before I had cried and said I missed him so much and wished he was with me?
Chilli (1 stories) (3 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
I really believe that our deceased loved ones are just as concerned that we are ok as we are for them. I think they hang around to check on us and try to communicate but often our grief is so strong that we are completely unaware of them.

I think you're hearing your dad and it's not your imagination. To hear him so frequently is brilliant. Try talking to him. Reassure him that you're going to be ok. It's probably what he wants to hear.

When my grandmother passed away a few years ago, I heard her voice as clear as anything but I knew it was in my mind. It was a strange experience. I didn't know she was dead. I knew she had been unwell but she didn't know she was dying and neither did I. She told me she'd died but she was ok and she told me to take care of my children 'those three little boys'. The next day I was in complete shock to hear she had died in the night but I also felt so privileged and grateful that she'd contacted me the way she had.
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
Not at all... Its not the imagination... I myself have experienced such a incident. One Sunday afternoon I was dozing off for my nap after lunch wen I heard my daddy's voice call out to me Sonu sonu'which is my pet name. Again second time in the afternoon he appeared in my dream in our hall. My daddy passed away due to a sudden demise & it really affected my life in a horrible way. He passed away in our home on the sofa maybe so he mostly appears in the hall only.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
I dream about my Dad all the time. I do believe that dead relatives are able to communicate with you through dreams, though I have never heard a passed loved one talk to me. My relatives have seen full-bodied, solid figures of loved ones, but no communication ever took place other than a smile.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hi asires,

Like Maria said, I really feel that you are hearing your dad speaking to you, to reassure you that he is fine. I don't feel like this is your imagination. The way you described his voice as being directly in your ear, it sounds completely real and not an illusion, and not just part of waking up from a dream. I am so sorry for your loss, but feel uplifted that your dear dad's spirit is very much still with you.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello asires85 and welcome to YGS,

I am very sorry that you lost your father in this way. It is so tragic. To answer your question, I will tell you about my mother's experience. She was in a very similar position: caring for her dying mother (my grandmother).

In 2016, my grandmother died from complications from COPD. There are times in the night, even now, that my mother hears her mother calling her. It might be that my mother has a kind of post traumatic stress disorder - the voice of my grandmother, when my mother hears it, is always frantic and troubled.

I think it is different for you. Your father sounds well to you; he doesn't sound like he is weak and dying. I think that you are hearing him in reality and he is trying to get your attention. I think he wants you to feel better and know that he no longer suffers.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: