You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Outstanding Sleep Paralysis Episode

Real Ghost Stories

Outstanding Sleep Paralysis Episode

 

I am writing this, because something is really bothering me, frightening me and I want to know more things about this, but I don't really know how I'd be able to do so.

For those who've read the other stories I've posted, you know that I mentioned sleep paralysis. I completely understand how it's working. I've had frightening experiences related to it. It does not scare me. I think it's been happening to me for about 3-4 years if I recall corectly. I know the things you can see, hear or feel encountering sleep paralysis and I always shrug it off because it became kind of usual. I always expect it when sleeping alone, I developed some methods of waking up faster from it, I completely understand what this notion means.

But something outstanding for me happened.

I do not really know why but in the last few months, I feel something, like a presence, watching me and in some way, it terrifies me. That is why I developed a ritual of praying or making a cross whenever I feel uneasy. In the past few days, something interesting happened. It does not manifest in any physical manner but whenever I do the above mentioned two things, I get the feeling that this presence is resisting, that it somehow grows angrier.

One night, I was struggling to fall asleep. Now, I don't usually sleep alone because I am living with my boyfriend, but that night happened to be at my parents' house. I was feeling uneasy, so I turned on a lamp to have some ambiental light. I turned on the TV as well and I even took my laptop, put it near me in bed and let it play some stand-up comedy show on YouTube in order to feel more comfortable. I could not sleep though. I was exhausted, but the feeling that someone was there with me, did not give me peace.

I tried to concentrate on that stand-up show. At one point, I don't even know when I feel asleep, I woke up. I was sleeping on my left side, hands near my head, on the pillow. I woke up, but could not see much of my room. Everything was kind of hazy. As I was there, unable to move, I felt my hands being grabbed. I felt myself being lifted slowly from my pillow. Being slowly lifted, hands and head, I found myself kneeling, with my hands up above my head, my eyes pinned to the ceiling. I was in a position such as when you are on your knees, hands up, praying. I had such a strong feeling... Of being desperate. Suddenly, I felt like falling and I woke up on my side again, with my head on my pillow. I don't really know if I ever was in that position, lifted at all, but the falling feeling suggested to me that indeed I was.

That sleep paralysis experience, combined with the presence I feel and my usual praying rituals, makes me think that I indeed angered something and that something tried to somehow mock me. I did not stop the usual praying though, but even at the moment of this writing, in full daylight and with my TV on, I feel intensely watched.

Any thoughts would help.

Other hauntings by blckwdnsdy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blckwdnsdy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Hi, robmkivseries70

I do not think it was an out of body experience. I have never had one, no from what I know, but I have read a lot of things about this kind of experience and the things I felt were much different from the things felt by those who described having an out-of-body experience.

Thank you for the comment.
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-12)
Good Day,
I am going to suggest you had an "out of body experience". This would explain the sense of falling as you awoke. As for what happened while you were "out", I have no idea. HTH
Best,
Rob
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-06)
Hello, silverthane61,

I have always felt that, somehow, I am able to guess what the intention of things I encounter is. Everytime I saw an appearence, I felt either calm, just wondering about the origins of that thing, either completely scared. It is like the thing I am seeing is communicating with me in some kind of manner. I have read a lot about this but I am not quite ready to try to see if I have any kind of psychic ability.

Like you said, I also think my rituals are working. In the past few weeks, I started to feel reassured while praying, so I think that it is indeed working. This "entity" manifested in the house of my parents and I am currently living elsewhere so I did not experience anything else and I think that this experience is strictly bound to that house.

I will keep up with my praying whenever I feel something weird and I would definitely come back with an update if anything happens again.

Thank you for your comment.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-05)
Hello, Chilli

I get what you're saying and yeah, I felt very different from SP. Even what I felt was different. With SP, you feel frightened, you don't know what will happen, you expect to experience the worst. This experience... I don't know. I felt profoundly helpless and desperate. I remember I was moaning because I was absolutely terrified. I've never felt like that in my life, so powerless, so little and vulnerable.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-05)
Hello, VeronicaMarie

Yes, it was different. It was something more gentle to say so. It felt like something raised me up and then abruptly put me down on my pillow, I did not quite fall.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
I could not help but think the very same thing that you wrote even before I reached the part where you felt that it was mocking you. I think your prayers are not only angering this presence, but also working. There is a lot of stock that should be placed in what I call gut instincts. I think your gut instincts are spot on. I also think you should continue with your prayer rituals. Just my opinion.
Chilli (1 stories) (3 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
From my own experience of sleep paralysis, I don't think that's what was going on here.

With sleep paralysis, you wake up and become fairly aware but you can't move. That drowsy state can make you feel like something is in the room with you or that you're being pinned down, even though this in't always the case. Usually pretty quickly (although it feels like ages under those circumstances), your muscles regain the ability to move. You're wide awake by this point.

In my own experiences of this, I've always panicked, thinking it's an entity but then realised it's just sleep paralysis and it's then faded and worn off.

The reason I don't think your experience was SP is the fact you describe being moved, falling and then waking up. You're already awake with SP, just drowsy. I'm really interested to hear others opinions about this.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Hi, blckwdnsdy, I am so sorry for what you have been experiencing. Just wanted to start by asking, when you felt yourself land on the bed, was it different from the 'thump' we tend to feel when we have a falling dream and wake right up at that moment?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: