You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Mysterious Ball Of Light

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Ball Of Light

 

Hope this story finds you well.

I have always been a believer in all things paranormal. I've never been a skeptic, even as a child. My parents have told me stories of me talking about seeing "angels" when I was young. I have had my fair share of experiences with the paranormal and I'm excited to share them all with you. However, this one was different and got my attention.

It actually happened last night. I was finally home after working 12+ hours as a nurse and I was looking forward to relaxing before going to sleep. My spouse and I have been remodeling small sections of our home over the last two weeks and yesterday while I was at work, he started on our bedroom. I was tired and so was he, but we finished laying our floor and rearranging the furniture. Our bedroom was finally complete at around 11:30 pm.

As I'm finally kicked back in bed watching Hulu, I see this ball of light manifest from my floor and travel up my wall and around my tv, only to disappear into the ceiling. The light was an odd but beautiful color. It was white with bright (almost electric-like) blue. I was stunned as soon as I realized what I had just witnessed. At the same time, I felt my entire body start tingling/vibrating. It started in my feet and crept all the way up to the top of my head.

I was paralyzed. I could not move. It was as if whatever this ball of light was, was holding me in place. As soon as the light disappeared, my body started getting the tingling/vibrating sensation. I was not afraid, in fact I felt warm. I was confused at what was happening because it was happening so fast.

After about a minute I was able to move again and the tingling left my body as quickly as it started. That's when it really sank in for me. I think I have seen a spirit manifest itself as a ball of light and somehow I felt it's energy. Does this sound correct? Did I have an actual encounter with a ghost or spirit?

Other hauntings by piscesrising_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, piscesrising_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
I know admittedly little about the phenomenon but would ball lightening recur on multiple consecutive occasions in the exact same place?
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-06-13)
Hello Piscesrising,

As with other similar encounters on this site, the YGS fraternity have put up explanations for your consideration. The Ball Lightning phenomenon holds considerable interest for me and, although it appears to be "explainable", it appears to have properties that are similar to orbs.

What caught my attention was your narrative about experiencing a tingling paralysis, which is very similar to accounts of people coming into contact with ball lightning.

I've attached a link to an extract of an newspaper article recounting events of the 1853 Purple Fire Snowstorm at Bar Harbour in Maine.

Https://www.newenglandhistoricalsociety.com/the-purple-fire-snowstorm-of-1853-20-minutes-of-terror-downeast/

The relevant section is titled "Injures but No Deaths".

I am not saying that you were struck or exposed to ball lightning, but it is a fascinating thought (to me) how much the seemingly normal and paranormal have in common.

It is a comforting thought that you were not afraid and have experienced no lasting symptoms.

Take care.

Rex-T
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-11)
My guess is ball lightning. It certainly fits the description and there does not have to be a storm for it to manifest.
wednesdayS (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-09)
This is a case of what is called "ball lightning" which can occur, and does occur in homes. Sometimes just wanting something to be paranormal doesn't make it so. Please read up on this phenomenon.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-08)
Hello piscesrising,

Maybe you were right about it being a spirit manifesting itself into the ball of light. It seemed to be a response to the remodeling that was done. I have heard about paranormal activity that coincides with remodeling and renovations - though, I have never experienced this for myself.

I get the feeling, from your descriptions of it and the way that you said it made you feel, that whatever it was had been a peaceful thing that was making its exit.

- Maria
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-08)
Hello Piscesrising,

Only judging by your description, it satisfies the explanation of what is called a "spirit orb".
I don't have any expertise on this context whatsoever, but it did encounter such thing in my recent encounter, of an electronic bulb like structure appearing from one corner of the room and disappearing in thin air.

A little research on this matter can clarify your doubts well.

Peace
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-07)
I think you may have had an encounter with something paranormal. I do not know the source, however. I have read many stories of similar encounters presaging either an abduction scenario or a continuation of further paranormal activities. Please continue to be alert. I have read that even the simple act of sleeping with the lights on often prevents this type of event from reoccurring. Please be cognizant of the time in case of future events.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: