You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Giggling Girls

Real Ghost Stories

The Giggling Girls

 

This is a personal experience that me and my family had in a hotel in Ohio. I was only about 5 years old at this time. When we first arrived at the hotel it seemed nice. It had a giant hallway, a large staircase, decent rooms as well as an indoor pool. I believe it was sometime in the afternoon when we were just sitting in our room. Suddenly, we heard the laughs and giggling of 2 little girls. It sounded like they were out in the hallway.

My mom, thinking that they must be headed to the pool, said that we should go out and swim so I could have someone to play with. When we left our room, there was no sign of anyone besides us in the hotel. A little confused, we went back to our room. The next day, we were checking out of our room getting ready to leave. My mom said to the lady at the desk "The little girls upstairs were running through the halls all night" the lady just looked at her and said, "no one else is in the rooms upstairs".

After that, we were even more confused and didn't know what to think. We clearly heard them, as if they had been inches from our door. My aunt did work there for some time, so after we left we immediately told her our odd story. She seemed pretty surprised, and then she asked, "You don't know about the stories of the hotel?" There were rumored to be 2 little girls who died in a fire at that hotel. There were many people that said they could hear the laughter of them still in the halls. After that, we were all completely freaked out. Apparently, the hotel was rumored to be haunted. We had no idea the entire time we were there. This may seem like a pretty cliche story, but it happened to me and I found it very creepy, and it's something I will definitely never forget. I now know there is something at that hotel, and we most definitely never went back after that.

PS: I'm sorry that this was so short, but these are all the details surrounding what happened.

Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Sincerely,

JB

Other hauntings by Jb66

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jb66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jb66 (6 stories) (5 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-25)
Thank you all for comments, and opinions

VeronicaMarie- A while after this incident, I did research the history of the hotel. Apparently, in 1885, several children did die in a fire there. I believe that's why everyone reports hearing the giggling. I definitely believe them all, now that I know I have heard it for myself.

I have heard of many residual haunts, and it would make sense in this case. Also, would make sense because so many other people have heard the same thing, basically just like a replay.

Again, thank you for your opinions!

Sincerely,
JB
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-22)
Alina5 and SDS,

I agree that there are a lot of stories about haunted hotels in this country. Though, I have read many stories about haunted hotels all across the globe.

My opinion is that people are constantly going in and out of these locations every day. People with all kinds of intentions and emotional "baggage". People and their emotions are very energetic and perhaps these energies get left behind and are combined with the energies that concurrent visitors to hotels bring.

Another idea that I have is that a small percentage of people go to hotels and commit crimes - especially in the past. It is also common for people to die of natural causes, while travelling. If there is anything left of these crimes or natural deaths, they might be considered "intelligent haunts".

I believe, for the most part, that hotels behave like sponges. They absorb the many different energies from a constantly changing cast of characters. Maybe, what many people consider to be "haunts" are just poltergeist phenomena.

Though, I agree with Silverthane on this particular account about the giggling girls in the hallway. This one is probably a residual haunt.

- Maria
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-22)
Hello Jb66, you needn't share the name of the hotel but it would be worthwhile to check the facts as Veronica suggested. Even now it is possible if you want to find out.

Alina, I also share your views about so many hotels in US having been associated with hauntings.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
Hello Jb66,

Interesting! This is not the first time I've came across the tales of haunted hotels in the U.S. Apart from this website the other web forums do have a noticably large number of them. I am not trying to come up as offensive but Why do most of hotels in the U.S are supposedly haunted? It is more of a question than opinion. Some of the hotels have their stories of tragedies where others have such unexplainable encounters. People do really have to search the paranormal history of hotels in the first instance before considering to check in.

I never meant to be offensive with my question therefore, I request members to take it in a light tone.

Peace
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
Is it okay to mention the name of the hotel? I am unsure of the legal ramifications of doing this, but it seems like the many tales of similar hauntings of famous hotels in the US. I suspect that you experienced a residual haunt.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
Hi, Jb66,

A very interesting story, and the memory of it wouldn't likely diminish over time. Inexplicable events like this tend to stay with us. I was wondering if you ever researched the history of the hotel? I think that's what I would do first, to see if I could verify for starters if there ever was a fire in the hotel. I might also consider the possibility of two little girls who weren't staying upstairs, but were running around exploring the hotel. It would be interesting to know the name of the hotel, but only if you are comfortable sharing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: