You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Victorian Home Part 3

Real Ghost Stories

The Victorian Home Part 3

 

Sorry if it seems like I am bombarding you guys with my stories, but every time I think that nothing else is going to happen in my house, more and more happens. It seems like it's never ending. It's also nice to be able to share these incidents each time they happen. Though I "just" posted part 2 of the incidents in my house, I now have to make a part 3 because even more strange things have happened since.

The first occurrence happened in our kitchen. We were all standing around our counter top having a conversation with each other. Before I go on, I would just like to say, we had previously purchased 4 Alexa devices. One for my room, one for my parents bedroom, one for my dads den and one for the kitchen. Just in case some of you may not know what an Alexa is, it's basically a little speaker/screen which you can ask questions, play music set alarms with, etc. As we were talking in the kitchen, suddenly, the Alexa says "Alarm set for 3 A.M." Confused, we just looked at each other. None of us had told her to set any alarms, and definitely not for 3 A.M. In order for her to set an alarm, you would physically have to say "Alexa, set alarm for 3 A.M.". We never had any of our Alexa devices do this. The fact that it could have said alarm set for any time, yet it had to say 3 A.M, known as "The witching hour". We basically just said "That was weird"... And moved on from it pretty quickly afterwards, though it was peculiar.

About a week after that, yet another strange incident happened. Though I can't remember the exact time, it was pretty late at night, considering I was fast asleep at the time. I was awoken from my sleep, because I felt a feeling like dripping water on my forehead. I got up off of my bed, and went into the bathroom to see what on earth it was. When I looked at my forehead, I was pretty shocked. My forehead had bright red blood on it, which was obviously what was dripping on my head the entire time. I ran into my moms room, and showed her the blood. She said "What happened?!" I didn't even know myself what had happened. She figured that I had somehow scratched or cut my head during my sleep. I was immediately confused by that explanation, because the blood had been "dripping" onto my forehead. She wiped away the blood, and then realized there was no wound. No cut, no scratch no nothing. There was no wound on my head which the blood could even be coming from. I told her that I wasn't scratched at all, and that I initially thought the blood was dripping onto my forehead. Completely confused, we even went into my room, and looked at the ceiling. I of course wasn't expecting blood to be dripping from the ceiling or anything, but I didn't know where else it would have been coming from. I can't really come up with any good explanations for what on earth happened that night.

I have never actually felt scared in my house, even though there has been so many strange things happen in it. I guess I have never felt anything "physically" evil, or at least not any proof of anything evil or malevolent. But something has left marks on my mom more than once during the night. By marks, I mean scratches. A total of now, 5 times. All of the times she was laying down on her bed during the night, usually just watching T.V. They're always 3 scratches. Everyone usually believes that this is a sign of something demonic. I'm not so sure though. She will always jump, and I will be like, "What?" and she'll say she feels something burning, and when she looks, there will be 3 scratch marks. The thing is, nobody else in the house has been scratched, only her. Sometimes she'll wake up with the scratches as well. We can't even blame it on something like her scratching herself in her sleep, because she has been awake when the scratches happen, and the scratches are always really far up on her back or arm, places where she wouldn't even be able to physically reach herself. She has once tried to reach up to where the scratches were to see if she could have done it, but she couldn't even reach her hand to where the scratches were.

I am not fully sure what to make of any of this, really. I don't think these things can really be explained, at least not by me. If anyone has had anything similar happen, or has any advice please do let me know. Always happy to hear it!

Other hauntings by Jb66

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jb66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WontTellYouMyName (3 stories) (9 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Hi Jb66,

Going by this and your previous accounts, it seems to me that the activity is getting malevolent in nature. Maybe a thorough cleansing could help?

Regards.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
Hello Jb66,

Thank you for explaining the reference of the 3 A.M. Thing.

About the "blood dripping", Were you exactly sure the liquid was blood? Did you checked your room thoroughly for the leakage of any possible red-colored fluid?

Does only that single Alexa device acts weird or all of them?

Regarding those scratch marks, it is definitely a sign of a malevolent entity since it had tried to cause harm on multiple occassions. I have read your past narratives and can't help but notice that the hauntings in your house is gradually taking a negative turn which is not a good thing in my opinion.

Likewise, I had recommended in your previous narratives you should better perform a cleansing ritual. I believe it can help in subsiding these events a lot.

Peace
Jb66 (6 stories) (5 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Lealeigh_ If your talking about the time 3 A.M as well, it' believed that Jesus was crucified at 3 P.M, and exactly 12 hours later, that is at 3 A.M, demonic activities set in. While demons are weakest at 3 P.M, they're strongest at 3 A.M. As Lady-Glow also said, demons are supposed to operate at that hour, apparently to mock the holy trinity where Jesus was crucified 12 hours prior. Also, if you've ever watched as many scary movies as I have, you would notice in all the scary movies like "The Conjuring" and "Amityville" the clock always stops at 3 A.M and everything always goes downhill from there. Kinda silly to go off of a scary movie though, but it's true.

I agree that things do seem to be escalating. I will consider doing a cleansing, especially since something is actually scratching now. Thanks for the suggestion!

MrsRamsay- Wow! Sounds like you have had your share of odd experiences as well. That's actually pretty comforting that your Alexa said that to you. That's also really crazy that your toothbrush kept doing that, especially around an important date like that! I would probably be completely stunned if it happened THAT many times. I definitely agree with you on the whole 3 A.M thing. If paranormal activity really does happen around that time, I don't want to be the one to find out. So I usually just do the same thing you do around that time. It's honestly weird when anything electronic just starts up on it's own.

Yesterday night, my mom told me about an incident with a dart board on our porch, which we've had for years. It kept beeping as if someone was throwing darts at it, and then started speeding up. But someone would have had to physically turn the board on, and it can't make a sound unless it's touched. The day prior to that, we had heard a loud bang while watching T.V on the porch, and went to investigate, but found nothing at all. Makes me think that something or someone had been shuffling around back there in the first place, which is a little un-settling.

-JB
MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
So sorry about the scratches. Has your mom tried to say, "Hey, don't touch me!" That just seems to be a place to start, but I don't really know.

Regarding the Alexa, I have two, and really like them, though my understanding is there are privacy issues. I don't know, I figure anyone wanting to listen to my crazy house would probably only last a few seconds. But one day I was painting my bedroom, the last in a series of painting projects I was doing on my days off work. I had some song in my head, the tune anyway, and it was one of those camp songs I used to hear in high school Young Life (so that's sort of a religious Christian club). But I couldn't remember the words to the song, so I casually asked Alexa, "Alexa, what is the song that says..." whatever. I can't even remember now (I'm old, 59, so high school was long ago). I can't tell you exactly how Alexa replied, but it was more along the lines of, "Yes, God does exist and he loves you." Or something not REMOTELY related to the song lyrics I asked for. It was enough to make me stop in my tracks. I had a similar thing related to an angel before also. And YES, it's creepy when things go off in the middle of the night. Last week, on the anniversary of my late husband's death June 26, my current husband's electric toothbrush just started up on its own at 4:03 am, waking me up two nights in a row, and a third time while I was in the shower during the day! WTF?! We actually dumped the toothbrush and I'm getting him a new one. On the off chance the button was messed up. But I don't think it was the button.

FYI, I try not to wake up at 3am, probably the result of me watching too many Ghost Guy shows. But when I do, I usually hide under the covers and don't look around. Why take the chance? And then I try and laugh about it later.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-29)
Lealeigh

"Why do people think that when things come in "threes" it is a sign of something evil."

It is said that the three is a way in which evil spirits mock the Holy Trinity.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-29)
Hi Jb66... And the rest of YGS, please excuse this naive question:

Why do people think that when things come in "threes" it is a sign of something evil. Is there a reason besides some kind of vague biblical thing? I don't have much of a religious background so I don't know.

If I am reading your story correctly, your mother is sometimes fully awake when she feels the pain of being scratched. That behavior is no good - no matter how many times she is scratched. I have read all of your stories for YGS and it seems like there is activity there that is escalating. It wouldn't hurt to perform a cleansing of the house. You could try Rook's Cleansing - he has been a member of this site since 2008. I have used his method, in the past, and have found it to be effective:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

***
Unrelated Statement:

I love Alexa. I ask Alexa crazy questions every day. Today, I asked her what her favorite color is. She said: "Ultraviolet... It glows with everything."

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: