You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Happened Again

Real Ghost Stories

Happened Again

 

I have been absent from this forum for about 6 months now. The last couple of months I've been dealing with a medical issue that has made me tired and a bit depressed. The depression and anxiety also have to do with the situation the world is currently facing, I guess a lot of people are going through that right now. I had also taken notice that for the last 6 months or so I had not experienced the usual weirdness around my house, even though I'm currently working from home and am spending more time at home than usual. My house had been "quiet" up until a few days ago.

I do not have a home office so I setup my work area in the dining room table. Above the dining room is a ceiling fan and next to the dining room is an area that has a chandelier, not sure what this "area" is called but it's between the main entrance and the stairs.

A few days ago I was working, everything was quiet, the only noise was that of me hitting the keyboard and the faint noise made by the ceiling fan. My cat was napping a few feet away from me. From the corner of my eye I saw my cat's head lift and look around, a split second later I heard and saw the chandelier swing followed by my cat bolting and running up the stairs like something was after him. I will mention that the door and windows were closed, the fan was on low and I have been working in this area of the house with the fan on all summer and I have never heard or seen the chandelier move. I thought maybe there had been an earthquake but I did not feel movement and aside from the chandelier nothing else was disturbed.

I didn't want to think about it too much so I continued to work but for the rest of the day I kept looking up into the area by the stairs, I didn't see or hear anything else but I just had this 'feeling' like someone or something was there.

It was the next day or probably the day after that, I was sitting in my work station and was reading something on the screen, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and "felt" someone walk in front of me towards the kitchen. I called out to my son to bring me a snack from the kitchen and when I didn't get an answer I look up and to my surprise there was no one there. My son and I (and the cat) were the only ones home so I called out to him just to make sure it wasn't him, even though it would have been impossible for him to have disappeared that fast. I didn't want to scare him so I very casually asked him if he had been there a few minutes ago and he said he had not been downstairs at all that morning.

Fast forward to yesterday, I decided to work on the laptop from my bedroom so I go upstairs and see that my cat is napping on the bed. As usual, I take one little corner of the bed and sit and start working, my cat is sprawled across the bed unbothered. I had been working for a couple of hours when he suddenly wakes up startled and run out of the bedroom as if he had been kicked. I called out to my son and ask him what's going on with the cat. He goes and looks for him and tries to bring him back but he wants nothing to do with the bedroom and just runs out as soon as he's put down.

My son thinks it's hilarious and asked me "what did you do to him?". I finish with work, have dinner with my son, clean up after dinner and go back upstairs to my bedroom as usual. I lay down with the TV on and think of the events from the last few days.

I'm a bit scared but also annoyed that my routine of peace and quiet seems to have been interrupted, the last thing I need is some unwanted presence in my house. I'm thinking about how I wish I could visit my family and even about how I miss my coworkers. I think about how easily tired I get and have no energy lately and how I wish I could get better. I'm just lying there feeling lonely and sad, my eyes closed, TV playing in the background. Then I feel a light pressure on my shoulder, at first I thought it was the cat but the touch feels like it's a hand, I think it's my son. I don't want to open my eyes and lift my head, I don't want him to see that I had been crying. Then it hits me, I closed the door when I came in the bedroom, my son always knocks and waits for me to tell him to come in. At this point I don't want to move and I concentrate on the feeling on my shoulder, maybe it's nothing but then I swear I felt the hand moving back and forth like it's soothing or comforting. I'm in between wanting to play possum and wanting to bolt and run out of there. I don't know if I really heard this or if it was in my head but I heard a very low voice say "it's okay, rest" (in Spanish). I didn't feel the hand anymore but I could still feel the sensation you get when someone just touched you. I stay in the same position for a few minutes and get the courage to sit up and look around. I don't even think "courage" is the word I'm looking for because I did not feel scared, just confused.

This is the third time in my life that I have had something similar happen to me. I don't know what or who this is but it has come to me during the low times in my life. I also do not know if what scared my cat and moved the chandelier is the same entity as the "soothing entity", the first incidents scared me, this last incident gave me comfort. I would like to think that my father watches over me but the first time something like this happened my dad was still living. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone?

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
3 years ago (2021-02-17)
Hello Haven,

I'm so sorry to hear you have been feeling at a low eb.

When you said you were depressed, alone, have anxiety and had been crying, I wanted to give you a virtual hug.

The entity in your room sounds like a caring soul who is trying to comfort you. Has the entity been back? It would be interesting to find out who this entity is. 🤔

I hope you are feeling a bit happier.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘 ❤
The_Morrighan (2 stories) (44 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-31)
How lovely that someone from the 'other side' is caring for you still. On a non paranormal note I hope that things improve for you soon and I'm sending love and light your way.
Blessings. X.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-26)
Hola OCGirl,

How awesome it must be to know that your mother is still there to sooth and offer you comfort. I wish I knew who looks after me. My mother is still with me, I didn't really know my paternal grandmother and my maternal grandmother was really not a fan of mine LOL. But, I am sure that someone does look over me.

Thanks for reading.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-24)
Hola Haven

Thank you for sharing your story. I have also experienced the touch of a loving & unknown hand. On one birthday a few years ago I was awake in bed but just laying on my side when I felt this soft touch rub my leg, like you said, in a soothing way. My first thought was it's my mother because that's how she used to wake me when I was a child. ❤
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
After reading a few of your previous stories, and perusing the comments, I can understand why you wouldn't want to further upset the apple cart by trying to communicate with whatever visits your home. It does sound like you naturally draw energies to you, much like many of us here. Ultimately, it's your home and you have to live there; trust your instincts always...

Take Care, LightMight
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-19)
Hi, LightMight.

Yes, I agree, it seemed like two different entities. It has been sugggested to me before that I talk to the spirits that visit me and ask if they need or want something, I've never felt comfortable doing that. I feel like it would just be inviting them to visit. 😕 My son has never said anything to me about any experience he's had. My youngest daughter on the other hand literally got spooked out of the house and went to live with my mom and sister.

Thanks for your comments, take care.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-16)
Hi Haven,

Unfortunately, I think a lot of us are dealing with increased stressors (anxiety, depression, fatigue, health issues) due to the ongoing tension from Covid. You're definitely not alone, we're all feeling the pressure to some degree or another now. Somehow we'll all get through this and life will improve, hopefully sooner than later...

It's quite possible that you may have two different spirits, or entities, visiting your home. Currently, I have a very similar circumstance happening at my house. In my particular situation I feel that one spirit has been attached to my house long before my family moved in, and the other is more recent as of this last summer (I believe it's a family member who has passed away this year). I've also had the 'soothing' feeling come over me when I tried to take a nap one afternoon, after a chaotic day at work. It felt exactly like someone was gently rubbing my shoulder and back as if they were comforting me. Like you, I wasn't scared, but it definitely surprised me because I knew I was home by myself that afternoon. Usually when I feel a bit creeped out, I'll do a routine light cleansing in my home (something I highly suggest btw), but that experience didn't call for that...

Have you ever considered asking the entity that visits you, if it wanted, or needed something? Or maybe even asking who it is exactly? I would only suggest asking questions when you feel comfortable enough and in a safe space at home. My last question is; does your son have any similar experiences like yours?

Lastly I agree, I think your cat has sensed something, whether it's an earthquake or spirit energy, animals are definitely in-tune to their surroundings.

Wishing you well, LightMight

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: