You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hearing Whispers - Black

Real Ghost Stories

Hearing Whispers - Black

 

I am Angie from Singapore living in India. I was raised as a Christian. While I was growing up, my family moved to different cities across India and I got to live in different houses and eventually stopped being a regular church goer.

The "zeroth" incident happened back in July of 2008 which I realized way afterwards. I was in High School in 2008, I was living in Pune (in Southern India) with my family in an apartment and we adopted a cat from the shelter. One day I was studying until late night and my cat was dozing on my study table in front of me. I clearly remember her waking up and she started to stare at something behind me. Then she leaped from the table and sat at the foot of my bed and growled at my bed. I didn't think much of it as she always stared at the walls and growled at air. But that is what I thought at that time. Now I have realized that something was indeed there.

In 2010, I went to College in another city (Delhi). This is the first incident.

I was living in a Girls' Hostel there and it was an old building. My room was on the top third floor. My room opened to the open courtyard and across the courtyard was the bathroom. I shared the room with another girl. One night I went and switched off the light in the room and my room-mate gave a shrill scream. I had barely moved from the switchboard so I switched on the lights immediately. I asked her what happened and she said that she saw little round yellow lights spiralling on the ceiling and she saw something in the extreme corner of the room. She looked horribly scared as she had never seen anything of such sort ever before in her life. I was kind of shaken due to the scream. We prayed together and slept with lights on.

Then after a few weeks, my room-mate and I had almost forgotten about the last incident. And one night after finishing the dinner, I went to wash my hands to the bathroom and while coming back to the room, I passed the courtyard and heard a whisper. For a while, it seemed like some guy just whispered in my left ear and it sounded like "add on" or "and on". For a while I just stood there and tried to get my brains on what had happened. Not knowing about supernatural much, I ruled it out as maybe breeze or insect hum. But I didn't know that this will lead to the night I heard that clear voice.

It was in 2011, I went to visit my parents who were living in the same house in Pune. One night, I retired from the day's work and was lying on the bed facing the ceiling thinking about the plans for the next day. Then I turned right angle and took the fetus position. After a few minutes, I felt sudden chill so, I sat up and pulled the blanket over me. I remember this moment being weird as it was peak summers (In India, summers mean HOT. Really hot!) and there was no way that a cool breeze would make me feel that very cold. Still, I pushed that thought aside. But then, I felt as if someone was near my right ear, almost like on top of my head, and slowly whisper "black". That was so clear and distinct that I froze then and there. I was fully awake and I knew it wasn't the voice of any of my parents and no one else was at home. In that panic hit state, even the thought of someone breaking into my house went by. But why would a robber say that to me? Till today I can recall that moment and it still brings chill all over my body. I laid there on my bed, in the same position, for what it seemed like hours and I thought something would definitely just jump up from the corner of my eye. I couldn't even scream for help. It seemed like I was no more in control of my own body. And I shut my eyes and prayed and prayed until I slept. Next day I woke up and went to tell my parents about this experience and they just said that I must be watching some horror movie and it is the reminiscence of that. But I can firmly say that I heard that clearly and it was freaking very near to me.

And then my experiences start from here.

If anybody has had a similar experience, please do share it in comments. I do want to know what does the word "BLACK" mean.

Other hauntings by AngeLeeS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngeLeeS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NPPS (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Hi, AngeLeeS

I really enjoyed your story. I have never had any spirit whisper actual words but I have once had one laughed, right next to my ear. It's weird, it's like he was right there beside me, close to my ear but if I really think hard about it, the laughter though loud and clear also at the same time felt far away... If you know what I mean. I freaked out big time! If they ever spoke to me in words... I think I will die of fright! Continue to pray for protection and I hope it will not disturb you anymore.
PortiaTrinabel (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-29)
AngeLeeS, I only thought of this one okay?
I think that the spirit is trying to protect you from something bad or harmful thing
Also, maybe the spirit is trying to cover something up, and find a way to uncover it before something worse might happen
You should research more about black, and stuffs about black
I think that you should pray to God for guidance and enlightenness and also for protection...
I Hope that we helped you♥Φ♥
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi, AngeLeeS Thanks for your reply... I think you have some serious paranormal issue. Looking forward to your stories.

😁
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
[at] Sheetal and [at] magicman This was the beginning episode. Later on I had experience at Singapore and again in India. I will write about them as soon as the site starts accepting new stories. The third big episode happened at Dehradun and I jumped out of my bed and couldn't sleep. I have heard that most of the "ghosts" are active during the night, but the entity which is haunting me (if I presume it's haunting me and not the house) is active at any time of the day.: (
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
[at] Triskaideka For me, black doesn't mean much. It's a colour for me which I liked way back in childhood. But yes, my mother used to burn black candles and told me that it banished the negative energy around the house.

Though after reading [at] PortiaTrinabel's comment, I think it can relate to some hidden secrets in my heart as I have been a secretive woman all my life. Yet, it doesn't really add up somehow. Why would some entity, come and say it to me? Is it warning me?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
My question is, what does "black" mean to you?

I think that your personal interpretation of "black" will have more bearing that anyone else's.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Hi AngeLeeS... Very scary experience you had. Trust in god and start praying. Your problem will solve.

God bless you... 😁
PortiaTrinabel (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
The color black relates to the hidden, the secretive and the unknown, and as a result it creates an air of mystery. It keeps things bottled up inside, hidden from the world.

In color psychology this color gives protection from external emotional stress.

It creates a barrier between itself and the outside world, providing comfort while protecting its emotions and feelings, and hiding its vulnerabilities, insecurities and lack of self confidence.

Black is the absorption of all color and the absence of light.

Black hides, while white brings to light.

What black covers, white uncovers.

We all use black at various times to hide from the world around us in one way or another. Some of us use it to hide our weight; others among us use it to hide our feelings, our fears or our insecurities.


In color psychology, black means power and control, hanging on to information and things rather than giving out to others.

Black is intimidating, unfriendly and unapproachable because of the power it exudes.

It can prevent two-way communication because of its intimidation. The salesman wearing all black will make a lot of sales, but no friends! It radiates authority, but creates fear in the process.

Black implies self-control and discipline, independence and a strong will, and giving an impression of authority and power.

Black absorbs negative energy. It is useful to carry something black with you to protect you from harm and negativity when traveling or when going about your usual daily activities outside your home.

People who like black may be conventional, conservative and serious, or they may think of themselves as being sophisticated or very dignified.

The color black is often seen as a color of sophistication, as in 'the little black dress', or 'the black tie event'.

Affluent and success orientated women often choose black as it can give an impression of elegance, sophistication and confidence.

Black is often associated with sexiness and seduction, as in the temptress in sexy black lingerie creating an air of mystery and intrigue. It can also imply submission to another (including a sexual partner), similar to the priest wearing black robes in submission to God.

Black is the end, but the end always implies a new beginning. When the light appears, black becomes white, the color of new beginnings.

Teenagers often have a psychological need to wear black during the stage of transition from the innocence of childhood to the sophistication of adulthood. It signifies the ending of one part of their life and the beginning of another, allowing them to hide from the world while they discover their own unique identity. It is important they go through this stage but a worry when it continues on into adult years if they continue to wear black to the exclusion of other colors.

Too much black can cause depression and mood swings and create a negative environment. Combined with white only, it can create an argumentative atmosphere.

It is best to use some color with black to lighten and brighten its energy.
magicman (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
Hey angie I can understand how you feel...
I have been experiencing such kind of things since childhood and until today.
I know that you are a christian but there is a vedic mantra for such kind of trouble in hindu religion whenever I have such kind of experience I chant that mantra and get relief.
If you want I will post it for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: