You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Girl - Mixed Feelings

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl - Mixed Feelings

 

Now I have only lived at my current residence for about three years now and before this I have had previous encounters with paranormal activities and such, but never one quite like this. I know only a few basics about my current house, that a girl late teens to early twenties (17-25) died here. I have heard that it was of an overdose of prescription medication although details are hard to come by.

Either way I know that soon after her death the people who lived with her (as far as I know it was her parents) moved out of the house with little warning. This may not seem strange, but coupled with the events I have experienced I think I can see why they left.

The first encounter was the very first day I moved in, we were unloading everything as quickly as possible, just setting it into the rooms. At the time I was to inhabit the smallest room of the house, which was her bedroom. The room itself was colder than the rest of the house, odd since it was closely connected to the heater. Every time I entered the room I got a chill down my spine and would turn, expecting to find someone watching me from the doorway as if to ask what I thought I was doing. I shrugged it off and unpacked, thinking I was just tired.

A few months after my first experience I was doing laundry in the basement, I was on my way up the stairs and heard someone specifically say, "Wait..." And lay a hand on my shoulder. I was in the house alone and I was rather terrified. The pressure on my shoulder went away and I hurried upstairs.

Later that night I awoke, thinking I heard someone speaking. I put it off as my rabbit making noise in his cage. The next morning my mother commented something strange. She said that late at night she had heard a girl talking, she thought it was me because no one else was in the house that night. She looked in on me, fast asleep and tried to shrug it off. When she thought about it again, she said it very much sounded like it came through the vents that run through the house. My sister, my mother, myself and my friends have heard this voice on occasion from the vents, just talking, the words unable to be distinguished.

From time to time I feel her watching me and I say her because the presence feels it, sometimes I smell shampoo, like her hair is by my face. I was feeling irritated and upset one day, and I lashed out at her presence when she tried to comfort me, Yelling "go away ___" the __is for her name, I recall yelling it and I recall stopping and saying what? But the name disappeared from my mind as quickly as it entered. She's left me alone since then, still there but ignoring me, but sometimes I can feel her loneliness when I'm close.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? I was a little skeptical at first, but I honestly think she's here, especially after all of this and more that's happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bloodxofxaxrose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bloodxofxaxrose (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Whitebuffalo- I agree that maybe it is my own curiosity and humanity wanting to know her name. As for the time... I believe it was a few years, not very many before we moved in, I know I have heard her name more than once but even writing it down it seems to disappear maybe it's just a sign showing me that it isn't all that important. That I should pay more attention to other things than her name. I have been thinking of tlakignt o my speech and debate coach who used to know the family, although he may be reluctant to speak about it.
thank you all, Raven
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
I hate to say it, Dear, but I think the need to know her name is the HUMAN side in you showing 😊. We tend to want to know as much about the person we are helping as is humanly possible.
But you make a great point.
Maybe if you were able to talk with neighbors and ask them about the family in a very nonchalant way, the names would slip into the conversation. Just a suggestion, you can do what you feel is necessary to achieve the point in your life you NEED to be to help.
I would think, if this were MY experience, I would try to gather as much information as I could as quickly as possible.
With her acknowledging you now (you did say that she stopped ignoring you) perhaps you could ASK her her name. That is not something that is usually kept a secret. Depending on how long ago it was that she passed on, she may give you a LAST name, instead of the first.
I reread the opening paragraphs, but am unclear as to the duration of time between her passing and your moving into the place. It SOUNDS as if her guardians left, and then you all moved in. In THAT case, she would probably just offer her first name.
Just a suggestion.
Thank you.
bloodxofxaxrose (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
I feel as if her name is an important part of helping her pass on, I cannot say why as I do not know, but for some reason it seems to be one of the keys. She tells me she misses her family... And a guy, I can tell she really is feeling all alone. It's almost as if I could speak her name and know it... To feel her through it she would be released. It will be very hard to let her go, but I know I must, I just don't know how.
Raven ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
I am glad that you have helped her feel useful and needed again. This young lady left this world unexpectedly to "wake up" in a totally different place. Her guardians have deserted her and there is no one around that she remembers from before she went to "sleep". I am also happy that she has helped you out of some situations with other ghosts, and that you got the confirmation that it WAS her, even though you were pretty sure about it before that.
This is not where she belongs, Raven. Have you ever felt totally out of place somewhere and just wanted to go home where everything was familiar and you just KNEW that you were loved? Maybe you had someone there that you could identify with, but no one you truly cared for wholeheartedly? This is where that young lady is right now. She needs to go "home". She may NOT understand that. She thinks she IS home. It may take a bit, but you do need to try to convince her that all of her loved ones that went before her are waiting there with open arms.
I can certainly understand why her parents left, so many memories in that place, with one final one that seems to be insurmountable. Her name is not the important part of this experience, what is, is that she needs to find peace.
relypa (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
thanks for the story Raven. Yes I agree to try to help her move on, yet sometimes it's not as easy as it sounds. If I were you I would set out a digital voice recorder and ask her questions when you feel she is present. Maybe she can give you the answers she needs to move on. Be kind and let her know you are there to help and listen. It may not happen at first but sooner or later she may come around. 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Hey Raven! Although you feel content with her being there, it is not good for her. She needs to go to Heaven, where she belongs with ones that love her, so she can be happy. I am confused on a comment you made. Quote:"I thought it was her but I think I just confirmed it..." End quote. What do you mean? What are you trying to say? Totally do not understand what you mean. Please explain. It would clear up a few things. I think! 😕

SHELBY ❤ 😊
bloodxofxaxrose (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
😁 thank you all for the input, I have tried again speaking with her and she's stopped ignoring me. She's really nice although she doesn't seem to understand the concept of moving on. I am rather content though to let her stay, she has helped me with other... Less benevolent spirits. I thought it was her but I think I just confirmed it. It is unfortunate but when I ask her name I get a sense like she's telling me but it always disappears from my mind immediatly or after a few moments. I've tried writing it down but somehow it seems to disappear.

Raven *aka Bloodxofxaxrose*
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
I understand how terrifying it is to be dealing with this, it is absolutely frightening!

To die the way this young woman apparently did is a great trauma, she may still be here on this plane becuase she is frightened and unsure how to cross over.

Tell her it is okay. Say a prayer with her and for her. Thell her it is okay to cross over into the light. The Lord will keep her at peace once she crossed over and there will be no more fear and lonliness.

Pray with her and for her. She sounds very lonely and scared herself.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Hi blood. This is so sad! DO NOT send her away! She is scared, alone and does not understand what is going on. She sounds VERY friendly, considering the fact that she died from an overdose. A lot of people that die from an overdose are in a lot of anger and resentment! I wonder what was mentally or possibly emotionally wrong with her to begin with for her to have to take that type of medication!? PLEASEEEE HELP HER TO MOVE ON! Please keep us updated if you will!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
I'm just a teenager, and this might not mean anything to you, but I think what is going on in my house might be like what you went through. My mom is the happy one in our house. Whenever anyone is sad or upset they go to her. It's not that she is super smart or anything, it's just that she can make anyone feel better. And she means what she says. My friends even come over for a pick me up pep talk when they need one. Shes just goofy and it makes everyone laugh. Lately she has been kind of sad. She tries to hide it, but shes my mom. The other day she told us that she had to go through some things and I caught her crying in her room with a box of stuff. I didn't know what to do cause she never cries. All of a sudden she looked to her right and kind of whispered "what?" and looked like she was talking to someone who was sitting on the bed with her. Whatever happened, it cheered her up and she ended up taking one of the deep breaths she always tells us to take, lifted her head and put the box away and I ran away from the door. Maybe your ghost was trying to be a friend like I think the one in my moms room is to her. Maybe she can help you too.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Hi bloodxofxaxrose. Her parents must have been grieving very deeply for her. Maybe they heard her and didn't understand what was happening and so left the house in hopes of a clean start, to try to put the painful memories behind them. The poor girl is now caught with none of the loved ones she had been trying to get the attention of. She might not even understand she is dead and just feels abandoned by her family. Think about speaking gently to her and letting her know that her family had no choice but to move and it wasn't her they were leaving. Explain what happened and why she needs to move on, there are many loved ones waiting for her, there is peace for her soul and an end to the pain and loneliness. I hope you can help this poor girl find her way. Thank you for sharing your experiences, it's a very sad story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hello bloodxofxaxrose. If you can tell she's there and can feel her loneliness, try and help her cross over. Apparently she has tried to get your attention and you sent her away. Try talking to her as if she were alive- tell her that her time is up and she needs to go into the Light to be with her family and friends. Tell her that by crossing over she will find peace and her loneliness will end. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: