You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mixed Signals

Real Ghost Stories

Mixed Signals

 

On January 23rd my mother in law was in a pretty bad accident. A 91 year old woman in a Lexus SUV had a stop sign and was almost in the middle of my mother in-laws lane. She backed up and my mother in-law assumed she would stay there and continued on. Personally I would have my foot on the brake in case she bolted out of the side street which she did. I'm unclear who hit who but evidently their bumpers locked and the woman pushed my mother in-law clear across the road she was going straight on. A cursory exam at a hospital E.R. Sent my mother in-law home saying she had a fractured rib and some soft tissue injuries. She was bruised terribly by 2 days later.

I caught a couple of glimpses of both my father in-law and my grandfather (Kaia was heavily pregnant and almost due). On Thursday Kaia looked terrible. She wasn't eating, and very low energy. I had been told that she only had 6 possibly 7 puppies so you could imagine my concern. I hadn't been over to see my mother in-law because she kept assuring me she was sore but fine and my daughter kept going to check on her. She would bring my mother in-law to my house just to get her out of hers.

Thursday night I knew something wasn't right but put it down to nerves over Kaia so as usual I went bed late but earlier than usual. At 5 A.M. My dogs woke me up which is unusual so I knew something was up. I let them out but they wouldn't calm down. I briefly saw my father in-law and he looked worried so there went any hope of any more sleep.

At 5:30 my mother in-law called and told me that she had horrible stomach pains and it was hard to breath. I said I had to get dressed and would be over A.S.A.P... She called 20 minutes later and I'm rushing around trying to get out of the house, almost out of the door. My mother in-law wanted to know where I was, it takes 15 minutes to get to her place when all the lights are in your favor. I told my daughter to stay home, because I really didn't need her drama. I get to my mother in-laws and she told me she was like that all night. I told her I was calling the paramedics. There is no way even if I had a healthy back that I was going to be able to move her.

At the hospital she tells them that she had been sick all night. The doctor asked her why she come in earlier, her response was she didn't want to bother me, to which I said and yet you had no problem calling my house at 5:30 A.M... They had to do surgery Friday night to remove severely damaged large intestines probably a seat belt injury. She is doing fine but they are also keeping an eye on a large hematoma.

Saturday morning I got woken up by Kaia she was definitely uncomfortable. I knew that it was going to be the big day. She was howling,whining,you name it. I had been using that line from Gone With the Wind, saying I don't know nothing about birthing no babies. My sons went to work, but I told my youngest son she'll start giving birth around 2. My husband and my daughter were visiting my mother in-law at the hospital. I said grandpa I need you, and I hear him say "I'm here, take her in your room and quiet her down." So I brought her in my room and just lay there stroking and massaging her and when she had really hard contractions my grandfather told me I knew what to do but he stay in case I needed him.

The first pup came out at 2:03 P.M. And she yelp but cleaned it right away. By 2:18 4 were born. One came out with the sac still covering his face and I hear "break the sac." My husband and daughter were home by then and I really needed a break. My husband went in the room and I wasn't even out of the room 5 minutes and my husband yelled the 5th was born. My daughter went in the room to see more babies be born and because Kaia was standing she caught them. I went back in the room and there was one lying there motionless newly born so I vigorously rubbed it let Kaia lick him while I cleared the mouth. All in all the 6 possibly 7 puppies turned out to be 11, 7 males 4 females.

I'm sorry this was so long but I hope you enjoyed reading my story.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
spirit

Some of them have open ears now. I brought Kaia into the room and they were all asleep so I told her not to lick them. They were crying so I did a little howl and 3 howled back in their tiny voices. Tomorrow they will be 10 days old so in the next few days their eyes and ears will all be open.

I can still sense my father in-law and saw my grandfather by the puppies. He was checking them out and he looked at me and winked, letting me know he approved.

Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
val

Yes my grandfather is very much connected to dogs. I am the only one of my siblings that can sense him around. I don't say that to be conceited but my older brother and sister don't believe in ghosts.I'm not sure about my one younger sister but the other "thinks" she is a witch or something but has so many thins bite her in the A$$ it isn't funny.

Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
KikiGirl

Thank you for the compliments.

To answer your question, yes English is my first language. I grew up and still live on Long Island, which is just east of Manhattan.

Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Red,

First steps are so exciting! And their first barks and growls!

Lol I absolutely love puppies, they grab my heart!

So glad your MIL is good! Hehe I know how those ladies can be. Same as my own mother shes a very stubborn lady when it comes to anything, so I know the struggle.

And and as Val said and you as well, I get the mixed signals. Can be frustrating and confusing. But lo and behold you made it through.

Like I said Hehe I had been waiitng for you to post something on here!
And it turned out to be exciting and a little scary.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Sorry, Red, I thought I had commented on this. 😕
I can understand your confusion on the signals you were receiving.
I believe you once mentioned that your grandfather was mostly connected with the dogs, and given Kaia's condition at the time that's where your mind would go.
Glad to hear you MIL and the puppies are doing well!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Spirit

My mother in-law is home since Friday night. My daughter stayed with her that night and last night. She was supposed to stay a day or two more but my mother in-law is stubborn and sent her home. She is doing well thank you. A week in the hospital they probably WANTED her gone. 😆

I forgot to mention that because both my father in-law and grandfathers spirits were around signals can get mixed and I brought the dog to the vet to make sure she was okay, rather than going to my mother in-laws and checking on her myself. She is stubborn and wouldn't tell me she wasn't feeling well until I needed to call an ambulance. I'm just glad she is better.

Thanks for asking
Red

P.S. The pups and Kaia are doing well too. Some of them are real chunks and one of them took first steps today.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-02-11)
RedWolf! You are one of my favorite commentators/readers on YGS - www.yourghoststories.com! I loved your story and I am so fond you!
I'm sorry about your mother-in-law and I wish her well in getting better.
Well done for delivering the pups!

Are you first language English? Your profile says you are from New York?

Chat soon!

Congratulations and Well Done, Again!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Redwolf,

It's been what to me seems like forever.I'm glad you finally posted something on here.

I hope your mother in law is doing better now. I know it hasnt been that long, but hope she is recovering.

Wow! For your Grandpa to show up, is heartwarming. As you know when I reach out to mine he's here for me as well.

For him to guide you through such a fresh, new and stressful situation is amazing and I love it!

I sent an email some months back to you, because my old phone erased all my contacts etc out. So I have a new one, that works.

I hope all those puppies bring you joy, and hope Kaia is enjoying her bundles of love!

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: