You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: High-heeled Leather Shoes

Real Ghost Stories

High-heeled Leather Shoes

 

Before I tell you my story, first let me clear things up. I am not paranormal sensitive in ANYWAY. I'm LOGICAL. Not a big fan of religion. In fact I consider myself to be a ghost "repellant" (if you want to know why e-mail me). I wouldn't know that I'm in a haunted place unless someone told me.

But I do have one, and I say ONE, weird experience. (I'm not a good storyteller so please bear with me)

It was back in 2002, I was 14 at the time, my grandmother just died. And here in the Philippines we held wakes in the house of the deceased. Relatives, friends and neighbors are welcome to visit to pay their respect (and some visit for free food).

It was probably close to midnight, I was in the room where the food we served our guests were stored (i.e. Peanuts, chips, candies, bread, drinks and stuff like that). I just sneaked in there for a snack. This room had no door, it only had a curtain that's stretched just below the knees. And it was the last room in the hallway, the entryway of this room is just beside the bathroom door.

As I was scurrying around boxes looking for food, I heard the distinct sound of heels hitting the floor. It was getting louder as it neared. I was waiting for it, and it came, I saw 2 legs wearing high-heeled leather shoes (ones like what private school students wear) walked pass the curtain and into the bathroom. I was curious but never left where I was standing and waited for "her" to come out and "she" never did. I didn't feel anything weird or scary, just out of place.

So I went after "her". To my surprise the lights were off and nobody was in, I even checked behind the door to be sure. I went outside to check the daughter of our house keeper to see if she's still wearing her school uniform, and she's not, and why would she? It's close to midnight and she comes home at 5 pm. And believe me when I say NO ONE was wearing anything beyond shirts, shorts and slippers. People here would think you're crazy if you wear anything formal to a provincial wake. And besides, the bathroom "she" entered was broken, nothing but a bucket to catch the drippings of a broken faucet was in there. Why would anyone enter there? And even if it was a guest why didn't it came out?

Another thing bothering me is why didn't I feel anything, it felt very normal. And I couldn't have imagined it because the curtain moved as the legs passed.

Other hauntings by Lalat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lalat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
hi Lalat,

Your story's really scary from how you described it. How would someone be wearing leather shoes at a wake, right? But what caught my attention is this: Relatives, friends and neighbors are welcome to visit to pay their respect (and some visit for free food).

It's really true and funny... 😆

Thanks,

Kristina =)
kyro_kenny23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
hello lalat love the story and sound pretty real to me
😲 awesome
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
to Prisya: no the house was built by my grandparents and nobody else except my grandparents died there.
Prisya (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
I agree that "People would think you're crazy if you wear anything formal to a provincial" plus that lady in a high-heeled shoes that went in the restroom, how would she ever get out of there? Who is she "WONDER WOMAN"?
Maybe there was a past history in that location before that place was build, somebody died there wearing that shoes. 🤔
chiara6821 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
That happened to me to! In my school theatre I freaked and ended up breaki g my arm as I fell down the stairs. 😭 😭 😭
adrian123 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I have an experience about seeing only foot/feet. But, I don't like to share it. Because every time I share it, I always scared. 😁 Maybe, this isn't the time to share (for me) such things. Maybe, next time.:)
Streak (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Hehehe yeah I would say that some people go to Filipino wakes for the paying of respects and free food. And what are you talking about not being a good storyteller. Nicely written and told from a neutral point of view.

Streak.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
to muahh: like I said, I didn't feel anything. It felt normal and there's a lot of people running around the house, just not where I was. They were entertaining guests and serving food.
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
nice story...
I agree with the other comments, it's nicely written!

though, I wonder why that didn't freak you out... If it was me... I'd be running crazy by then 😜
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
to harperllen82:
no I am not satanic I just find religions very interesting and I love to read, mostly about strange things.
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Lalat: I found your story very interesting and I do hope to hear more frightning tales from you. That being said I have a question about your comment on the incubus story. Why do you own a satanic bible and satanic ritual book. Is that your chosen religion? I'm not passing judgement just curious. I read your profile and it says your not particuraly religious so I was just wondering why such a bold statement?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Yes I for one would like to hear other stories. So you can write and submitt them as soon as you can. Thanks for sharing this one with us.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
I know a lot of really creepy stories but of close friends and family members. And I trust them to be true. I can tell some if you guys want to hear about them. And maybe you guys could help me and them to understand it better. ^_^

and to nich:
Im from Bataan
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
well maybe I am "shutting it/them out". I have a friend who had her third eye closed because she couldn't handle ghost following her around, she said she felt like shes going crazy. One thing she particulary mentioned was the little girl that kept following her, always behind her, just a few inches away. And that, my friends really creeped me out! I think a don't want to experience that.
nich (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
hi essiej. I agree with kimSouthO. You refuse to accept your gift, you don't acknowledge it thinking that you're a very logical person. I do have a best friend who she thought of herself "manhid" or "numb". Until later, she had felt what I felt. She wasn't expecting it since she thought that her third eye were close (thought...we'll it's the same as not entertaining your visitor, not accepting any gift given to you, or let's say on "denial".

Which province are you from? If you don't mind me asking...

Takecare
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
In response to your comment about your friend and the haunted places and happenings, well... Perhaps you are a member of one of those groups I mentionesl You have a sensitivity to you, but refuse to acknowledge it or let it be a part of you.

Just something to think about, If this is the case, please take it from someone who knows, denying or shutting out your feelings and abilities (for lack of a better word) can be very detremental. It can change your personality and make you a very angry person.

Just think on it.

God Bless!

P.S. Mustang,
Thanks! Sometimes I get into details and examples and feel as if I may go on to much.

God Bless!
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
This was an interesting story. You are, in fact, a pretty decent story teller. I invisioned everything quite clearly! To answer your question- I think the other comments are dead on about the residual haunting. I think that you probably didn't feel "anything" because it wasn't supposed to scare you. I think it was supposed to keep you calm, like it was just another day- just another trip to the bathroom. I am sure you will never forget your story!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
I would have to agree with the others that posted that their opinion was that this is a residual haunting. In such a case, you would NOT have had any feelings of spookiness, as you were not viewing an actual ghost. Just her "retelling of the past" through a film.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
😆 ❤ Hun, I believe the expression is "Normal is just a setting on my CLOTHES dryer"! I can see how they would sound the same. 😉
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
KimSouthO, thank you. You explain things like my Mom would. You made it real easy to understand.
Lalat, I think my Mom was always sensitive and had lots of talent, that is what she calls my brothers and my gift, but she never used it. She would help us through what we were feeling and try to get us help if she could. This year she started to see things to. I don't know if that means hers was a hidden talent or that she just didn't want people to think that she wasn't normal. But like my Mom always says when we ask why we aren't normal. Normal is just a setting on my blowdryer. SO maybe your talent is hidden to.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
hey guys thanks for the comments ^_^

well the reason why I don't think I'm sensitive because even if I'm with my friends in a haunted place I would be the only one who will not experience anything, no matter how long we or I stay there. And sometimes weird things would happen to them right after I leave.

can anyone help me understand why?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Excuse me Lalat.

Hi Kim.
I totally agree with EVERYTHING you said/answered to EssieJ. And, by the way, you were not "RAMBLING" as you say. You were very informative.
😊

SHELBY ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
I hope you do not mind my responding to essiej...

Here are my opinions from the research, experience and the experiences of others that have been related in regards to residual type hauntings. They are like a film strip type occurance. They repeat at a specific time and place, what ever interval is important to that haunting. What I mean by that is it may be a year, a day a month, once every ten years etc. For some reason the residual haunting was significant to someone or something, thus the energy left for repetition of said event. Although that event may seem mundane to those experinecing the haunting, that is not the reason for the activity.

In answer to being sensitive to view these hauntings? I don't know if there is one exact answer. My (and this is just me) opinion is that you must be at least open a bit, or sensitive a bit to experience any type of paranormal activity. I firmly believe that there are paranormal occurances that happen all the time, but some can not or will not see or know or acknowledge that they are happening.

Some view the ability as a gift, some as a curse and some down right deny it, even though it is starring them in the face. I was a member of the last club for a very long time, which may have been the cause and effect for this story.

Hope this helps and wasn't to much rambling!
God Bless!
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Can I ask a question without anyone getting mad? Do you have to be sensitive to see a residual haunting? I thought it was like a movie that you just got to watch and anyone could see it because it was stuck in the air. There's no feeling to it, is there?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
I would have to agree with the others, this sounds as if it is a residual haunting of some type. An imprint on time re-running it self over and over again.
Also, I do think that had the curtain not been there, you most certainly would have seen the entire apparition.

About not being sensitive and being logic minded, sometimes those two can go hand in hand.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Hi Lalat. I must agree with FRAWIN. And I do think you are, somewhat, of a sensitive. I believe you are just blocking it! If you were not a sensitive, residual haunting or not, you would not have experienced what you did.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hi I agree with Frawin probably was the residual of a "ghost". And since you didn't feel anything, maybe that's perhaps because you say you have no psychic abilities so there fore you didn't feel anything when this took place.
Was a good story and you did well on writing it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hello Lalat. I would say that what you saw was a residual "ghost" and if the curtain hadn't of been there you would have seen the whole body. I would also venture to say that the reason you didn't "feel" anything was because there was no energy present. It was sort of like watching a movie. Thank you for sharing your story, I liked it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: