You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Pepe's Unfortunate Fate

Real Ghost Stories

Pepe's Unfortunate Fate

 

As a little girl I loved hearing ghost stories (I still do). This tragic story I'm about to tell is of my dad's. I have always thought that my dad just made it all up, until I heard it from another relative. So on to the story.

This happened way back when my dad was still in grade school. I think he was just about 10 or 11 then. Back then the land where my house is standing now was the shore. Nothing but sand and sea. After coming home from school my dad and his friends would go straight to the water and catch some fish (the water was just knee high and they use their bare hands), given on account that their houses were just a few meters away and times was hard then, kids had to work for food.

So after a few hours of catching fish, it was finally getting dark. My dad and two of his friends stayed behind because of the luck they're having, good catch don't come often.

One of dads friend, Pepe, ventured a little far from my dad and his other friend. Having too many fish to hold, he decided to put one in his mouth, head first! Which is not a good idea, and he found that out a little later. When the fishes tail touched the water, when he bent down to search for more fish, it started to wiggle, and it being in his mouth, pushed itself to Pepe's throat. My dad and his other friend suddenly noticed Pepe struggling to breath.

My dad ran to Pepe and tried everything to pull the fish out of Pepe's mouth but he couldn't, the fishes head (the blade like thingy that opens when they breath) kept on hooking on his tonsils. The other friend panicked and ran away (so much of a friend).

So my dad was left there with his dying friend. My dad didn't know what to do but he had the mind to carry Pepe on his back to look for help. While walking or running he felt his friend getting heavier and heavier. To make it shorter Pepe died on my dads back.

So here's the scary part. After all that has happened my dad somehow got the chance to forget about that ordeal. But not long after forgetting. One night he woke up to take a whizz, on the way to the bathroom he heard a faint voice not sure who or what it was he stopped and he listened, it got louder and clearer, calling my dad. It was saying "condring" (my dads nickname) "help me" "help me". Horror-stricken my dad turned his head to where the sound was coming from. There and then he saw his dead friend all pale with both arms raised reaching asking for help. My dad ran to his parents room. And since then he never went to pee on his own.

Sorry for the long story I have the tendency to be specific. Hope you enjoyed it somehow.

Other hauntings by Lalat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lalat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-27)
Hi Lalat,

I have also read your other story but this one is indeed very tragic: (

Best regards,

Kristina ❀
kyro_kenny23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
wow that story was great. I think am scared to pee on my own... πŸ˜†
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Very, very sad story... Heroic indeed, your Dad doing what he could for his friend until the end... I find it sad, though... That after so much time, Pepe has yet to find peace.

Thank you for sharing Lalat.:)
rami3l (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
wow great heroic story...

I love the fact that your dad help his friend...
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
To andrea: thanks for liking my story ^_^
, about the video I can't cut it because its already in dvd format, stupid me, forgot to download the media importer before I upload it in my pc (the video) and erased the copy in the disk. Now I can't change anything in it
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
im going to add this to my favorites too... It's not that scary but it's a heart breaker!

thanks for sharing lalat...

oh! With regard your video, you can cut it short after you upload it on your pc and then use a software like windows movie maker... You can select the frame the you want to remove from there. It's really easy! And you can also upload it on any website that supports video [eg. You tube, photobucket] and then you can paste it here so we can help you identify if what you just captured is the real thing or not... I'm excited to see it. Lots of Luck!

Say hi to your son for me... Hope he doesn't get bitten by nasty spiders 😜

❀ andrea 😊
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
To chelleck:
thanks for your comment ^_^

I don't think my dad ever saw Pepe again. If he did, he never mentioned anything about it. My dad and I don't talk as much as we used to when I was young. We just argue when ever we get the chance to talk.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
I enjoyed this sad story. It was not too long, without the background it would not have made sense.

Has your father seen/heard from prpr since this incident?

Thank you for sharing it.
iWereWolf (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
what a sad story,

its soo sad that pepe had to die that way,
maybe getting our tonsils removed isn't such a bad thing after all.

😒 😒 😒
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
Hey guys,

I need help with my video. I think I caught something last night while I was playing with my handycam. I'm not sure if its paranormal or not. Thats why I need an experts, or atleast someone who knows a thing or two about videos, point of view. I have a really bad eye for these kind of stuff, I can't tell anyhting from mostly, anything. I don't know how to cut the video shorter though can anyone tell me how?
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
Thank you for the compliments littlelaura33. I do have a lot of ghost stories but those of friends. Unfortunately I'm not sensitive enough to experience them for myself, its ok though I don't mind. Ill tell them when I get the time.
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
That is pretty cool Lalat. I like your story and I get a good and strange feeling from it. Do you have any more stories?
I think that Pepe was confused about what to do with the fish that he got for his family. I mean it is truly horrible to die with fish clinging onto you in your last moments in this life. Thankyou for sharing your story. God Bless to your father and his mates and most importantly to you and Pepe. ❀ 😭 😒
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
to Pixiemel:
Yes it is nice to live near the sea back then but now our sea is all dark and dirty. Its because people here are not disciplined enough to throw their garbage in the proper place.

To key2theafterlife:
Yes my dad had somehow gotten over his fear of going to bathroom alone. Just thinking about my dad towing his sibs along to take him to the bathroom makes me laugh. πŸ˜†
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
😒 😒 😒 that made me sad! That was a bit scary at the end does he go to the bathroom by him self now?
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
how sad... Poor guy! But the scenery you describe is fantastic, I wish I had a house a few meters from the sea where I could go after work and do stuff on the beach! That was truly a very nice story, I will tag it as a favorite! Thank you for sharing!
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Yes that experience is really devastating to a person especially at a young age like that. That traumatized him enough to hate the kind of fish that killed his friend. I do know what it feels like to lose a friend. Everytime I pass by the place where my friend was murdered I would just stop what ever it is I'm doing and feel so down and sad, it makes me want to cry although he died a long time ago.
rezeoth (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
😭 man that puts a knife in my heart and that is one of the most saddest stories I heard in my life I am still in shock from it and will never forget it
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Okay...
First of all, this child could not have and did not go to pergatory... The God I know and love would not and does not do that.
That said...

The pain and horror your father must have, and probably still does, endure! He tried so hard to save him, to do something, it is a blessing that the mind will let him forget for a while.

Pepe returning to your father was as White Buffalo indicated, confusion. One minute Pepe is fishing with his friends, the next he is gasping for air and dying. Pepe was trying to figure out what happened, how it happened and to assure he should cross over to be with our Lord.

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us!
God Bless!
jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
I enjoyed your story very much, I don't think it was demonic or anything like that. I think that you're dad may not have delt with his friend passing on in his arms, that has to be the toughest thing for a kid to go thru, feeling helpless and maybe even feeling like if he did something different that he'd still be alive today. Creepy story though!

❀ Jen
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Oh boy, Lalat,
I will tell you something that I have no idea if someone else has posted to you, but it is so very, very true.
To have a friend die in your arms is perhaps the most difficult thing for a person to go through. While death is a natural part of life, no one expects to be in the act of desperately hanging onto someone who is nearing the Summerlands even as you hold them. The range of emotions that take over, (and that you are powerless against) are so vast, that there is no way to stand by one definition of what goes through the mind at that point.
I will tell you, from personal experience, when you are running through the brush with a man on your back, and desperately seeking the assistance that you KNOW this friend needs, you are in a cocoon of emotions. Wrapped around you are so many feelings and thoughts and even regrets.
It is a very traumatic experience. Especially when the solution to retain that life is so close, but out of YOUR hands, and seemingly so simple.
Forgive me, I am so frustrated as I type this as I can not even BEGIN to convey what a person goes through while this is happening.
Many years may separate the experience, and many friends may come and go, but there is no real release of the guilt that hangs on to the person who survived. Even after YEARS of deprogramming and Post Traumatic counseling, memories pop up at the most inopportune times. Along with many of these memories, is the accompaniment of visual stimulation. Little things jog the memory, and little things can cause hallucinations.
What I feel happened, in your Fathers case, was that he had all of those emotions from the point of his friends departure, just lingering and lurking in the depths of his being. I feel that in his panic and strife, he created a lasting vision of this friend of his, crying out for help, as your FATHER must have been doing as he ran with his friend in his care. I feel that when his friend was reaching out for help, it was not out of punishment, or out of purgatory. I do not feel that this friend of your fathers was there to pass judgement or to show that your father was lacking.
I DO feel that Pepe was confused. He did not understand fully what had transpired in his life, and was in the throws of his last moments once again. I mean, how horrible to die with a fishes gills cutting into your tonsils.
There is no demon. No one is stuck in purgatory. And no one is to blame, save for that stupid fish who seems to have thought it hit the water as he felt it on his tail and tried to swim to safety.
Thank you for sharing this story with us.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Well MotherPann I consider this to be wierd or hey who knows. Maybe it was a sighn. I think religion is a part of us all. Doesnt matter what our beliefs are but it is part of us. Maybe this was a sighn reminding you what you believe. Thanks for commenting and I hope you have a good night at work 😁.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
I'm sitting here at work at the hospital ER at 3 am and formulating my opinion about religion and how I wanted to respond to your comments about purgatory. I became born again in the 80's, and I am an ordained minister, but some of my beliefs have changed. I was about to put my 2 cents in regarding Christian rituals and a family member of a patient in the ER walked in and handed me a button that he said just rolled out of my cubbie to his feet. Asking me if I threw it at him (I didn't, not mine) the button is silver and black with a silver cross on it... Weird huh?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
I to am a Christian But I have to agree with Martin here. I do believe in God and I believe in Jesus but there are so many things we do not understand. The church does not allow us to believe in ghosts but I on the otherhand I know they are true. Others see ghost and have there own religion. But as Martin said The smudge ceremony is from the Native American Rituals. I don't recall them even knowing about christians until Colunbus arrived. I believe all religions have a way with the paranormal. But religon is faith. Whatever you believe in helps. A good heart can help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
And don't worry Mr. Martin I have my own beliefs and I take it very seriously. But I am open to all opinions. Opinions are just opinions and in the end youre still the one who decides.

Thank you for your concern it is deeply appreciated. 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
joseph_joseph1, sure, religion can be a valuable asset in these cases, and if you are christian, praying to Jesus is probably a natural recourse. But it is not the "only" and the "correct" way to do it. Other religions work too, native american rituals come to mind. You will realize this if you start learning about this topic. That is, if you really are interested, and not just here for some good ole fashion bible thumping.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
hi all thanks for all your comments.

Although my dad loves to eat fish, he refuses to eat or just even see the same species of the one that killed his friend. Even merely talking about the fish makes him mad.

My dad never mentioned seeing him again. Probably because he is very religious and would pray every single time he'd get a chance to.

Maybe Pepe found his own way or maybe my dad just got older and busy with his life that he just tuned him out.
joseph_joseph1 (6 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
And I would also like to add that whether the "spirit" or "ghost" be demonic or a deceased soul from purgatory, either way the CORRECT and ONLY recourse is prayer to God. Our true and only help is in God, through His Son, Jesus.
Sincerely,
joseph_joseph1 [at] hotmail.com
joseph_joseph1 (6 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Martin,
A correction to your comment: I did not say that *all* ghosts are demons. I said quote "Some of the "ghosts" that people see are souls from Purgatory in need of prayers and sacrifices. The rest are demons who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls..."
And I would add (and this is my opinion only) that given the negative and malevolent circumstances and nature of most "ghost" or "spirit" experiences, I believe that most are demons (ie- demonic). However, albeit more rarely, undoubtably the souls of the deceased in Purgatory can and do appear to others, by permission of God, for the purpose of asking help of the living to assist them to get to heaven.
So, in short I don't believe that all "ghosts" are demons, but to me I think it is apparent that *most* are.
-Joseph
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Lalat. Thank you for sharing this story with us. I personally do not think that Pepe was/is in Purgatory nor was it a demon in disguise that your father saw. It was either the confused and scared spirit of Pepe or your father "punishing" himself for his failure to save his friend. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
joseph_joseph1, that is indeed the strict interpretation of conservative christians. 😐 Lalat, just know that this is his opinion and most people here have a more open minded view of ghostly phenomenons and don't consider all ghosts to be demons, so don't fret.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: