You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 2 Encounters In 1 Night

Real Ghost Stories

2 Encounters In 1 Night

 

For some backstory I was 9 when this happened, I remember this very vividly because it was my first time ever experiencing something like this and it also happened the day before my birthday so on May 24th. It was around 1am, everyone was sleeping and I just barely woke up (I fell asleep earlier in the day).

For more context, I was sleeping beside my sister; we shared the same room (also the room was dimly lit because of my nightlight). Note that our door was open, so we can see into the little "hall" that led to my parent's room which was kind of diagonal to us.

Anyway, I just laid there in the dark because there was literally nothing I can do, except try forcing myself to sleep again. After 6 minutes or so trying to go back to sleep, I looked into the hall. There was a transparent man standing in the hall looking back and forth to my bedroom and my parent's bedroom.

This guy was also holding a briefcase, it looked like he was a business man; his "hair" was done neatly it was a side part and he was wearing a suit that had patches on the elbows. He didn't notice me yet, I was so scared and hiding behind my sister while peeking at him. However, he must've heard me crying because then he noticed me. This sounds silly, but in real life it was so scary: his head started going crazy, it was moving all sorts of directions. I cried silently and hid under the blanket (my sister is a deep sleeper so she didn't hear me lol it sucked).

I fell into a short nap and woke up again. I'm unsure what time this was, because as soon as I woke up I had the scariest feeling that someone was watching me. I was right. The man that was in the hallway disappeared, and now there was something else here too. It wasn't a someone though, it was something. It was this insanely dark but also transparent "cloud/blob" watching me from the ceiling. It could shapeshift, and it glided to the corners of the ceiling and then over me. If it had eyes, I could not tell because my own eyes were blurred from my tears lol.

It was right above me, on my ceiling and it gave off the worst vibes ever. I cried myself to sleep (thankfully). I do believe that house was haunted with multiple spirits because we've heard a little girl singing there before mainly in the bathroom, super heavy footsteps going down the stairs, banging, gives off unsettling vibes and my siblings + friends and I have seen a woman's face on the wall before (that's for a different time though). She was also ghastly and transparent like the man I mentioned in this story.

To close, now that I look back on it I think it kind of makes sense now. A little girl singing, a business man and a woman... Maybe they were a family? I have no idea what the black "Cloud" was or what it used to be. I do have more ghost stories because living in an unsettling home didn't stop there. Those stories are for another time though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yaheeyahaa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

yaheeyahaa (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-06-23)
[at] RCRuskin I don't think it was a dream/sleep paralysis because other family members have also heard/seen similar things in that house. I did try looking up the history, but there was nothing. I will try looking it up again. Thanks for your input!:)
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-06-22)
Hi yaheeyahaa

From your story I take it that your family and friends have witnessed something or the other, do you perhaps know the history of the house? That might give you a clue whether anything happened there to suggest that your house is haunted.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-06-22)
Welcome, yaheeyahaa, to YGS.

Definitely a frightening thing to experience at any age. It sounds, to me, more like sleep paralysis or a hypnagogic experience. Which is not to say that it was not a ghost or haunting, just that I think it being a wakeful dream is more likely.

Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: