You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things Happening

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Happening

 

I'm trying to find out if I'm going mad or these things really happen. So here are a few experiences that have happened recently and one that happened a while back.

When I first meet my partner about 6 years ago I was at his place, he had gone to work and I was at home at around lunch time. I heard a noise and thought he was coming back so I turned the TV off, lay in bed pretending to be sleeping. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and felt someone sitting next to me, thinking it was him, about 10 seconds later I turned around and said "ha tricked you I'm not sleeping!" only to find there was no one sitting next to me. So when he come home I mentioned it to him and he said that was weird, I was imagining things, only a while later he told me that now and again he used to wake up in the middle of the night and felt like someone was holding him down and he could not move.

Now a few weeks ago in the same flat I feel asleep on the sofa and the TV and lights were off, when I woke up the lights were on. Friday night again I was watching tv with the lights on when I woke up in the middle of the night the tv had been switched off now. I was at home on my own, my daughter was asleep in the next room, so who turned the tv off?

Last week my daughter woke up in the morning and asked "someone said hey to me" and she asked if it was me.

So I'm not sure what to make of these things but they are happening, am I just been paranoid any comments will help.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my stories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cheryontop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hi cheryontop. I feel like you have a harmless, intelligent spirit in your home. It isn't anything to be afraid of. I wouldn't panic at this point. Just let the spirit know that it is making you and your family uncomfortable and it needs to leave. Tell this 'being' that it has family and friends waiting in a happy, peaceful place where they are supposed to be. So, my question is, since your daughter is the only one to hear this entity, is it a male voice or female voice? I would maybe do a search of the history on the home as well as the property so maybe you can relate to this 'being' on a more personal level. Maybe they don't know that they have passed or don't or maybe even can't leave this house. It IS obvious that this 'being' IS trying to make contact with you in a friendly manner. I wonder what it needs or wants? Thanks for sharing your story and keep us posted on any future happenings.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
At this time there is an entity in your home. I don't feel it's evil, however do watch your daughter. In case it is an evil spirit, they like to come into the portal through a trusting child. To act and perhaps if seen, look like a kind lost soul. But if an evil entity it will show you it is shortly.

From what I read it don't sound like an evil entity at this time. Keep us posted on what other things happen in this home.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Hi Cheryontop,
To me it sounds as if there are several things going on in this house.
First, you have a visiting entity. That is the one who walked up the stairs and sat beside you on the bed.
I AM curious about that occurrence. Once you said, "ha tricked you I'm not sleeping!" what did it do? Or was it gone by the time you got to "surprise" it?
I have the feeling that the electrical disturbances that you are having are also connected to THIS being. It is also the one that tried to have contact with you, but has found that your daughter can HEAR it.
Watch your daughter. This is NOT a warning, by any means. I just think that should this being be able to communicate with anyone in the house, it may be her as she has already acknowledged it's presence.
The other occurrence, that I think is going on, is that your partner MAY have had a Sleep Paralysis episode. The FEELINGS that he experienced during these times that he was awakened, would be able to tell more.
I believe I would start out by burning lavender incense in the bedroom. That should take care of the problem with your partners sleep. It works to dispel negative feelings and seems to do the same with negative beings. There have been times that I have used the lavender in the hallways of my home, as well as the other rooms.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Hi cheryontop. One of the first things I always think of in situations like this is the history of the land and/or building. I'd try to check that out first, see if you can find any reason for a spirit to be hanging around. If you do, you could be a little more personal with the next part here but if you can't find any info about it you can still try in a general way. Tell the spirit gently but firmly that it is disturbing you and you want it to leave. Tell it there are loved ones waiting where there is peace and rest. Maybe this ghost doesn't even fully realize it has passed its time in this life and it needs you to tell it and help it get where it's supposed to go. I enjoyed reading your account of events happening in your flat.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I don't think you are going mad. I agree with psychic there. I wouldn't worry too much about the haunting unless it/they do something harmful. It doesn't sound like it is malevolent. Good luck and keep us posted if anything else happens. There are lots of great people on here willing to help! 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
cheryontop,
It sounds as if there is someone or something trying to get your attention, and the attention of your family.

Do you have any idea as to the history of the building you are living at or the land? Do you have any idea who lived in the building/apartment prior to you?

For some reason, the events that are occuring in the apartment that you describe make me think that it has to do with past inhabitants.

I look forward to hearing more,
God Bless!
phsychic_freak (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Don't be scared. The dead are trying to get in touch with you. The only reason a spirit will try to scare you and make you think you're haunted is if you insult it. I'm sure you've never done that. Spirits like to explore your house and leave. So don't panick. There's nothing to worry about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: