You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralyzed in Bed While my Father Sees Me in His Room

Real Ghost Stories

Paralyzed in Bed While my Father Sees Me in His Room

 

I have had many experiences but this by far was the most scary and real. I was in bed sleeping on a hot summers night - suddenly I woke for no apparent reason, I could hear this creaking going around my bed then slowly but surely, it felt as if something was sitting on my chest, it felt as if my soul was being dragged away from me then pulling back in, the whole time this was happening I was praying out of desperation.

All the time this was happening, I was struggling to breath and I was SO scared I didn't know what to do, I couldn't even turn my bedside lamp on which was so close to me as I was scared that something would grab me.

Eventually the feeling lifted and after around 20 minutes I went back to sleep.

Think that's weird - wait until you hear this! I went downstairs the next morning as soon as I got into the kitchen, my dad looked at me with a worrying face and asked if I was ok? I explained what happened - he just stared at me with disbelief as I told him.

When I had explained, he went on to tell me that he was in the night as I was sitting on the end of his bed in SPIRIT form talking to him about the weather?

I really have no idea what happened!

How weird - if anyone knows please explain!?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaskDeath_EveningLady (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
I told my experience about that to a Preacher at our place, and HE SAID THAT IF WE DON'T PRAY BEFORE WE SLEEP, DEVILS CAN CLIMB UP TO THE HUMAN (LIFE) WORLD BECAUSE OF NON-FAITH PRESENCE WHICH ALSO PULLS THEM TO WANDER AROUND US AND PLAY WITH OUR SOUL. AND SOMETIMES IF OUR SOUL WAS WANDERING WHILE WE ARE HAVING A SLEEP PARALYSIS, IT MEANS THAT DEVILS PLAYED WITH OUR SOUL WHICH CAUSE IT TO BE SEPARATED FROM OUR BODY SO THAT "DEVILS" CAN USE OUR BODY... SO WHAT I WILL SAY IS... GO TO A CHURCH. CONFESS ALL YOUR SINS AND PRAY TO GOD ALWAYS.
jaydeRey (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
I have had many sleep paralysis experiances but nothing like that and I'm totally with "freakedout" on this one, I also believe that there's a whole lot more to the sleep paralysis theory. I have had hundreds of episodes and I know for a fact that there's an evil side to this but docters will never except that.
just_me (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
By the way, I was not referring 2 the poster of this story, but 2 1 of the commenters. Sorry 2 offend the offender, but it is just 2 distracting 2 the reader! 😕
just_me (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
Not 2 be mean, but it's very distracting 4 me 2 read something by someone who uses numbers in the place of words. I wish people would consider that when typing in 4ums. 😐
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
dude, I think something took your form that night and probably went to your dad and talked to him just to be able to talk to someone one last time or to possess him but something you did stopped it.
salz (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Hi I would like to start by asking you why you picked the numbers 777?... I have a very bad assossiation with the number 7 and you have used 3 of them... All bad things happen 2 me have a seven in the air!
This experience I had many years ago when I was 18living in a block of flats that other tennents said they had ghosty things happen, what happened 2 me was that I was woken up in the middle of the night by an extremly bright light... It scared the life outta me so I tred 2 get out of bed only 2 find myself paralized everything except my eyelids... I was screaming 2 my flatmate sleeping in the next room but there was no noise coming out... When the light went I could move... I ran into her room and stayed with her 4 a week or so... Then 1 day felt I could not stay in hers any more... What was this? I also have may dreams of people I know who have passed and they are never dreams of anything past... Its always as if its happening and they are always visiting me while I'm knowing them 2 be dead if this makes sence... Am I being visited while I sleep 2 save me being scared while I'm awake and them popping by?...
nygirl777 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
leo,
I had a similar experience and I posted it its called while you were sleeping. I have heard the same thing fallonann 96 posted.
fallonann96 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Hi Leo. I know exactly what happened to you but you can choose to not believe me or believe me ok? Well I knew exactly what it was when you talked about your chest with a force. Your Soul Actually left your body. This happens occasionally. It came back once it was finished doing what ever it wanted. This is casual so nothings wrong. This was in a book and I read about it online. Hope I helped. Oh and don't worry 😉
rajiv (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-23)
hey
Your first part of story happens in many cases... Even in my. Just stay calm. Itz only thing to get out of it. If we panic... We tend to fear more that we may be not able to move our arm entire life... But stay calm... And think about any pleasent things and try to listen for any sounds from outside...

And mate... Your second part is really spooky,,
leo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Thanks for everyones great feedback - it was a pleasure sharing my experince and even better knowing I'm not the only one!
Take care guys.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Leo,
Wow! This is amazing and frightening.

In the first part of your story I was thinking sleep paralysis, but... How could it be sleep paralysis if your father was visiting with you in his bed room at the same time?

I know absolutely zero about astral projection as the entire subject scares the beejeebers out of me (more than anything else!) but, this may be the answer. I wonder, did you ever try to experiment with astral projection in any fashion?

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Weird, reminds me of a story I told about my uncle seeing his son crying in his room, but when my uncle went to comfort him, he disappeared. My uncle went down the hall to his son's room and he was fast asleep in his bed. Craziness.
mauzie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
hi,your story sounds so scary! I have experienced sleep paralysis, I awoke and was paralysed,couldn't speak and could only see out of the corner of one eye for about ten seconds and was TERRIFIED! No ghost sightins or presence in the room though! Your experience is much worse so I don't understand how you could have fallen asleep after 20 minutes. I couldn't sleep for a few nights!
freakedout (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I don't believe in the sleep paralysis diagnosis. When has anyone's brain been awake and you not be able to move? There is definately another side to the SP theory. Trust your instict.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hi Leo. I wish I could help you here but I think I know as much as you do. I thought in the beggining that this was sleep paralysis but I was surprised that your father saw your spirit. I think haven't heard that before. Dont get me wrong. I believe in your story very much but I to hope others will give information on this. I to am very curious. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
hbdave (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
It could be a type of OBE or could also be a case of a doppleganger since both you and your spirit seemed to have a separate consciousness... Or could it be something took your form? This is less likely considering the mundane subject matter that was talked about. All in all, though, interesting experience.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hi Leo,
I would think, through you description, that you had etherically projected yourself to your Dad's room.
Though closely related to astral projection (in the case of astral projecting yourself, you would have visited a "spiritual" realm), in etheric projection the person encounters physical activities, moving about in a (usually invisible or misty) etheric body (thus sitting on your Dad's bed and talking about the weather). The main difference between an astral projection and an etheric type of experience is that there are is no fantastical worlds, and the majority of the experience can be validated. Which your Dad did, by talking to you about it in the morning.
I am adding a link on here so that you can check things out. You may be able to get more of your answers there, as often times the thoughts in our heads about this type of travel are too difficult to describe into words.
http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html
Thank you.
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hey Leo, sounds like what you experienced was sleep paralysis, signified by the weight on your chest. This usually happens when your brain is fully awake but your body isint and therefore you are unable to move. You also had an Out of Body experience signified by what you felt as "my soul was being dragged away from me then pulling back in" that's why you dad saw you in the spirit form in his room. OBE's can be quite enjoyable if one learns to control them. So nothing to be afraid of. When you have the sleep paralysis, just remian calm until you body is "awake" as for the OBE don't be afraid, a lot of good advice will be found on this site, that will help you understand this phenomenon as well as help you control it.

Cheers !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: