You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Encounters in my House

Real Ghost Stories

Encounters in my House

 

Hello everyone, this is my first ghost story so please go easy on me. The encounters I'm about to tell you is totally true, but it's possible that I might of imagined some of them. Anyway, it's up to you to decide!

I was in my room one time, and I was getting ready for bed when all of a sudden I see this orb floating near my bedroom window. I didn't think much of it, but it was a little spooky I have to admit. I believe this was my first ghost experience, and a sign that my house is possibly haunted.

Here's a creepy encounter: On Halloween night, my siblings were watching T.V in the living room while my dad was on the computer. My mom was in the basement, doing the laundry. Everybody was busy doing their own thing, so I was the only one who witnessed this. I was sitting on the living floor... Not really paying attention to the T.V. and I don't know why, but I just happened to glance at the kitchen.

Now, let me explain how my house is set up so you don't get confused. The kitchen is sort of connected to the dining area which leads to the living room. So if you're in the living room, you can get a good view of the dining room and the kitchen at the same time. So, there I was sitting on the floor and then a dark figure walks into the dining room. I thought it was my mom at first, but then I suddenly realized she was in the basement. I couldn't see the figure anymore, because it went all the way in the back of the dining area. And here's the part when I totally freak out... My mom comes out from the basement with the laundry basket. I rushed into the dining room. The figure was gone. I was so confused, that I actually started crying!

I never saw the dark figure after that incident. But I did have another ghostly encounter.

Last month my sister was at this Webkinz club at school. So it was just me, my mom, and my little brother at home. I sat next to my mom on the couch because I wanted to watch Oprah with her. But after a few minutes I got thirsty, so I went into the kitchen for a drink. I opened the fridge and I searched for the Pepsi. When I spotted it, I reached and gabbed it. As I was doing this, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a little girl walk up to me, stopped at stared, and left the kitchen. I ignored her because I was thinking she was my sister, but when I finished my drink I realized she was at the Webkinz club! I was really, really surprised.

Another time, my friend came over and I told her about some strange things that recently happened in our house. She agreed that the house was officially haunted, so we decided to go on a little "ghost hunt". That's when we began our investigation. Our first stop was the basement, because our cats always sensed something down there. To make a long story short, we got really creepy vibes like something was watching us. We even heard footsteps and that sent us screaming and running upstairs. It was actually really fun, but scary at the same time.

One day, (this is my recent experience) the cats were meowing loudly in the basement. I guess they sensed something, so I went down to check. I stopped on the fifth step or so because there was this blue, misty fog just hovering in one spot. It was so creepy, it sent shivers down my spine. I'm not sure if this was part of my imagination, but it just seemed so vivid and real.

Well - I hope you enjoyed my story. Sorry if I didn't include many details, but my experiences are kind of hard to explain. I'll keep you posted and if you have any advice, questions, or whatever please comment. Negative or positive, I welcome all!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SapphireWings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SEPPS (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
S.E.P.P.S was founded by Kevin Fitz-Maurice and Casey Morganelli. We started this organization to help people as well as investigate for our on interest in the paranormal field. The S.E.P.P.S philosphy is to disprove hauntings rather than prove them. We like to find logical reasons for claims, and any evidence we are left with afterwards we anaylize from a paranormal perspective. S.E.P.P.S is a non-profit organization, our only goal is to help people who need peace of mind in their own homes or businesses. Contact us if you would like us to investigate your business or residence! There is no charge for an investigation! Www.sepps.net
SapphireWings (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Francios: I just checked your profile and I'm AMAZED how smart you are when you're only fourteen. You sound like a very interesting person. Now about your questions...

I have never done any kind of research but I know the house was built during the late 1970's. Not very old at all.

How old I was when all of this happened? Strange things started to happen to me when I was twelve. (I'm thirteen now, lol)

And no, I didn't run when I saw the mist. I just walked back upstairs calmly...

Maybe I am sensitive...shrugs. Lots of times I see ghostly people walk past me and when I turn my head to get a better glance, they just vanish in a wink.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear SapphireWings,

Your story was very interesting and also quite perplexing. Have you done research on the history of your house? What was your age when these strange occurances started to take place? After seeing the blue mist, did you run? Are you sensitive to changes in temperature and to ghosts? Sorry for all the questions, I just had to ask.

I am happy you take the paranormal very seriously, but going ghost hunting without proper protection and instruments is just out of the question. I believe the ghosts are somehow attracted to you. Just be careful, it might seem your house has a non human entity. If you are having any troubles concerning demons or spirits, here is a website that could help.

Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
I enjoyed your story, sometimes it is difficult to relay all of the details when putting together a story like thjs one.

I understand from your comments you are still living in the same house. Are you aware if anyone else in your home has had any experiences?

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

God Bless!
SapphireWings (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Hi, everyone!
Sorry, I forgot to check my comments. Thanks for sharing your opinions 😊 and I'm really glad lots of people have already commented.

whitebuffalo: No, I don't think it was my mom's shadow because the figure was solid and it wasn't even near the wall. I'm pretty sure.

FRAWIN: I can't really explain EXACTLY how I encountered with this little girl, but I'm positive I didn't imagine this. She had long dark hair, a pale face... And that's all I remember about her.

Updates on house: I just want to let everybody know that sometimes you can hear footsteps coming from the basement, weird lights, and yesterday I thought I saw the dark figure again, but this time it walked into the bathroom and dispeared. Now, maybe my imagination is going crazy, but I wasn't even THINKING about ghosts while all of this happened.

😐

Love, SapphireWings ❤
P.S: What do you guys think? Please tell me!
simywimy (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Hey don't worry, I bet many can relate to your problems. Like one time, I was with my cousin and we were touring houses (She was about to buy one) and when her parents were looking at the kitchen, we wandered off to the rooms and there was this one room with a misty blue glow in it and when we turned on the lights, it dissapered. We were really freaked out! Good Luck,

simywimy ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
You related the stories very well. Maybe you are sensitive and don't realize it. Kids can have vivid imaginations but that doesn't mean you didn't see what you think you saw. I had a gray misty blob about the size of a real person float into my bedroom and into the closet. I wasn't scared but I was fascinated. It didn't give off any kind of good or bad vibe. I was reading at the time so maybe it was eye strain but I have always read a lot and that has never happened before or since. I own 2 homes and this happened in the one we no longer live in and that place while not exactly haunted did have it's share of out of the corner of your eye things going on. That house is from 1910 and the one we live in now is from 1886 and while I have experienced somethings like a cold breeze on the steps to the second floor and loud crashes only to find nothing out of place it's relatively quiet. It was once a convent and a bevy of nuns lived here and one evening while in the living room I could have sworn for a second I saw a nun in the old time black habit they use to wear years ago ascending the steps with a hand on the bannister. It happened so fast that maybe I just imagined it. Could that have been something residual? More than likely. After all they did live in this house for 40 years before it was sold to the people that we bought it from. Also while in the attic one day I felt something touch me. It felt like fingers on my upper arm. While my cats have no problem going up there a friend's dog ran up those steps and then froze and was shaking all over and my son had to carry the dog down the steps. So is my old victorian home haunted? Honestly I don't know.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Hi Sapphire Wings, I know you said your experiences are hard to describe, but if you describe it the best way you know how, I'm sure someone else has had a similar experience. In my great grandmother's home there is some sort of icy mist on her staircase (I will write about it when I get the chance). It's always in the same spot on the same side of the wall, but it is not visible. I and others have either walked through it or it has blown by. I seems strange to me that people I know have had the same experience with the (seemed to be the same spirit), but we are alone at the time. We never encounter them at the same time.
jimmyboy92 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I've had a similar experience with strange mist, so don't feel alone with this. When I was about 10 years old at my grandparents I witnessed a white mist float slowly past their front door. I went to check it out but couldn't see it. I have no explanation for it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Hi SappirhireWings.I'm glad that you have joined this site. I see you have met WB and Frawin. They will give you the best advise and there are a lot of other experienced people here. Remeber going ghost haunting isn't that easy. You have to be very careful. I really liked reading your story and hope you share another one soo. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Welcome SapphireWings,
Be careful what you ask and look for, you may end up with something that you have no explanation for or protection from. Most often when we set out to find the Unexplained, our minds find them for us, and we are tossed as to the connection.
I agree with FRAWIN, the little girl would be extremely hard to say she had not appeared to you, even though she merely stared at you then left the room.
The other things may have natural answers. Is it possible that as your Mother ascends the stairs her shadow could be thrown on the wall that you saw the shadow at? That may explain why it appeared to move about the room.
Cats are odd. They have their own personalities and do things in their own time. They also form fan clubs. Sometimes the younger ones get so infatuated with the lives of the older cats that they will mirror their every quirk.
Do not worry about your experiences being a bit difficult to explain, most of us have problems putting them into words. You did wonderfully.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hello SapphireWings. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I did enjoy reading it. While a lot of what you say can be explained by natural causes, it doesn't necessarily me that you didn't experience something. The only thing that would be hard to explain is the little girl you saw. Something that you need to remember is that when a person goes hunting for "spookables",their subconscious usually manufactures a few for them. Another thing to keep in mind is that young people your age have a lot of repressed energy and when that energy is turned loose can cause havoc on the surrounding environment-read about poltergeist activity. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: