You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sister Turned Mean Because of a Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Sister Turned Mean Because of a Ghost

 

I heard this story from my mother how she encountered a ghost. A long time ago my mom who was my age (16) and her two older siblings just moved into this really small house. My mom made new friends quickly at school and one of them was named Ashley. She told my mom how everyone thought that the house my mom moved into was haunted because people seemed to see strange things by the house. My mom believed in ghosts, but she wouldn't think that her family would actually move into a haunted house.

Over a couple of weeks, strange things began to happen, my mom told me that while she laid in bed she could hear scratches on the walls and randomly lights would turn on and off. She also told me that when her and her siblings would play checkers, one or two checkers would be missing and randomly show up anywhere with a thumb printed in the checker.

One night my mom was sleeping and woke up. She told me that she just sat up in bed and just looked at the door for no reason what so ever, she just felt the need to look at her door. She could see the hallway from her door and she could see her sisters room across from hers. A pale man with a suit walked into her sisters room. He looked over at my mom and grinned. My mom was shocked to see a ghost walking into her sisters room so she just was frozen in fear.

She told me that the ghost had a hat on with a feather in it. He looked like he was from the civil war. What is weird is that my moms sister, after that night, started getting meaner and meaner. My moms sister hates my mom for no reason AT ALL. My mom told me that over the years her sister has gotten weirdly mean and just terrible and she told me it all happened after that night she saw the ghost.

Other hauntings by bigred101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigred101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Well, the ghost might be following your mom's sister and he might be a demon because I once saw a teenage boy becoming evil and goth because a demon was controlling him. His family didn't believe him and they thought he has gone crazy, so they took him to the hospital to stay until it was all gone from his head. And before he went to the hospital, he warned his parents that once he's gone from the house the demon will go after the family. So the only reason that he evil, bad, and mean was to protect his family. And I was thinking your mom's sister might have the same experience. (sorry if its too long)
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
its probably just cause shes mean I guess lol I didn't know so I'm glad you guys gave me your opinions
irene (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I don't have a comment about your story, but I will say this. I have two young girls, ages 5 and 8 and my 5 year old will tell you any day of the week how 'mean' her older sister is... Lol
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Don't know if seeing a ghost has anything to do with a sister that gets meaner as the years go on. My sister was always a meanie and thank God she somewhat grew out of it once we no longer lived in the same house. We didn't have a lot of contact over the years until she had her son. Somehow having a baby softened her heart. Some people just have that kind of personality and we learn to deal with it or distance ourself from it. As far as the ghost bringing it on I highly doubt that.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
My mom's sister doesn't communicate with any of her family. When she came to her mom's funeral, all she did was try to get money/take things. No, there wasn't a will with her in it. She doesn't talk to her father(my grandpa) and she acts like my mom is dead.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
With THAT all said...
There may be several different reasons for your Mothers sister to have become increasingly "mean" and not all attributed to the ghost that may have been in the home and her room.
For some reason, when we all start to form our own thoughts and views of things, they differ from those of our siblings. We grow up in the same home, have the love and support (I should hope) of the same guardians and come from the same blood line.
However, not ALWAYS do we have the same mind set. Sometimes that creates quite a lot of friction. Especially when one of the siblings is very firm in their ideas, and not much of a free thinker.
Also, if the ghost WAS part of the reason, it COULD have been due to lack of sleep. Some people simply can not roll over and fall asleep after seeing something they have no explanation for.
Puberty causes changes. Friends create personal thoughts on things. Personal searching and studying forms knowledge that not all in the same household share.
Can you describe any more how she seemed to become more mean? It would appear that the years did nothing to change her disposition as you Mother still tries to explain the actions of her sister.
Thank you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
bigred101, there's a famous old saying: "Instead of giving a fish to someone who is hungry, teach them to fish, and they'll never be hungry again". So instead of telling you the meaning of that word, I gave you a tool to get the definition for all the words you don't know and will encounter in the future on this site, or others, so you won't have to ask again 😊

Another great source to learn about any topics is also wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I am just not sure with this one. I usually get a feel for stories, and this one there just isn't anything.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
huh what are you talking about teaching to fish? And disregard means to pay no attention too... I went to that website lol
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
That should help you out bigred101. Kudos to Martin! LoL! Thanks a lot! 😆
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
bigred101, one should always have an online dictionary bookmarked and ready:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Teaching to fish and all that.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
what does disregard mean? Lol I'm serious I don't know what that means...
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Well, it seems that you are indeed participating in the discussion here. So guys, I think we have to disregard it. 😆
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
yeah... I guess I accidentally took that option, didn't mean too...😆
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
LoL! Maybe bigred101 accidentally selected that option. But then again, thanks for sharing your story. 😳
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
It says it right underneath Comments about this ghost story. It says : The author, bigred101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.
It appears that you accidentally selected this option when posting your story. Now that everyone knows that you will participate, I am sure you will get some more comments.

FRAWIN 😊
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
where does it say that I won't be participating in this discussion? Because I will participate lol
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
hmmm... Maybe this explains why my ex-wife hated/hates me so much-she could have seen a ghost. Well it's just a thought 😆.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Weeeelll, since you will not be participating in the discussion, I guess it would be pointless to ask the questions that are going through my mind, now would it not?
Who can explain why it is that some sibling relationships go bad, or never seem to get good. It is just one of those things.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: