You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Neighbours Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Neighbours Haunted House

 

To start off I'd like to thank everyone who has been responding to my experiences! I really appreciate it. Lately not too too much has happened in this house of mine, I've been hearing a women speaking, and also her speaking with another presence (I don't know if its a man or women but I know she is talking with someone). Who she is, I have no clue. But I've heard her.

Also, 2 days ago, I was putting my shoes on getting ready to go out, I looked down to the kitchen and saw this yellow looking light (the size of a head) just flow threw my kitchen area. It looked a bit blurry or foggy but it didn't scare me, I didn't get any bad vibe off it... But other than that, no major update that I can recall.

I have received questions about my neighbour-hood and if there was any hauntings that occurred here, and there has actually been a severe one next door.

I live in Montreal, Quebec. In the West island. In 2000, I had once again a new neighbour (it was the like 6th person who has lived there since I have been living next-door, which is odd). So the neighbours had a girl named Camille, and her and I were the same age and became best friends. We were always together and still are. She had started to tell me that she was very scared to be home alone (she lived with her single mother which was very irresponsible and neglected her, she often left her home alone). Therefore I would always go to her place and stay with her, we would hear cupboards slamming and opening, the dogs barking hysterically, footsteps, voices... I then knew she wasn't crazy, and over the years I kept on hearing stories from her about that.

But one day it got serious...

Camille and I were young at the time, late teenagers, and we one day decided to skip school and hangout at her place all day, although my mom had decided to stay home from work that exact day so I went to school, Camille stayed home alone all day. She fell asleep at around 11am on her couch watching TV, she lived in a fairly big house and was alone.

Camille got woken up by a phone call, she then answered the phone and it was the police. The cop or operator on the phone said that someone had called them from inside the house asking for help and that someone was here. Camille hung up the phone, started crying, and ran to my house which was right next door. My mom opened the door and saw her crying her eyes out, terrified.

The cops showed up to check the house, they had to come because they had received a phone call. Camille doesn't understand how that happened and still to this very day has no idea. My mom still remembers how much she was freaking out, I found out when I got back to school because she was at my house and didn't want to go back home until her mom was there.

Camille moved away a year later, we still talk all the time but she now lives 1-2 hours away... Since she left we have had another 3 people moving from that house.

Other hauntings by meetch1515

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meetch1515, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
As an electronic's technician, there is a way I know of for someone to have sent a phone call that they didn't make.
I used to have a feud with a neighbor who worked in the telephone company.
One time I too got a phone call from the police inquiring about a 9-1-1 call they'd just gotten from my number.
It turns out that my neighbor had used a butt-set to tap into my phone line down at the central office and made the call. Highly illegal, but if you knew him like I did, it wouldn't have come as a surprise.
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
hey again
to answer kimsouth0's question, I do not believe it has happened again, I havnt seen any cops next door, although I am hardly ever home, I do think its so strange! I don't get how I spirit could call someone but hey, I believe my best friend and so does my mom, and the cops were there afterall
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
something must be going on there if there are people always moving out. Thats very weird that someone/or something called the police. I f I was yuor friend, I would have wanted to hear the call recording to hear what the voice sounded like.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
meetch1515,
Sounds as if whoever or whateve is occupying the house next door really doesn't want others there with the number of persons that have come and go from there.
Do you have any idea if there had been a trauma or police call at one point from that house? (not talking about the one involving your friend, I am talking about something that may have ben repeating itself).

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
that was scary. I am not surprised that she felt like that. That is why parents don like children skipping school 😉.Good thing you were beside her through the hard times. I bet she needed some support since there was a haunting in her house. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
heyy everyone
thanks for the comments
now that I'm older and have experienced things myself, I'd love to ask if I can investigate, but I know the answer would be a big no, a family of 4 lives there now with a 5 year old daughter and I don't want them thinking there neighbour is crazy hehe, but yeah what happened in that house was very scary!
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Maybe the spirits are afraid of the people living there, if they called the police and asked for help and said someone was there.
You should do some investagating, I don't know what you should do, but maybe like ask the people who live there what they have experienced, or look up what had happened to that house.
Take care,
Chrono 😳
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Hmmmmmm that doesn't sound good for anyone that lives in that house. If the spirit or whatever it might be get enjoyment from people being scared then its obviously not something you want around the house. 😐
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Wow, I'd be terrified! (Such a scaredy cat) 😜 I wonder what would have happened if she didn't get out... Hehe. 3 people? That proves that there must be something there then.
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
hey sorcha, thanks for your reply! Yes it was very terrifying, she moved out of there though so she is good now hehe. And cool, the west island is a nice place:)
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Hi there,
What a terrifying experience for your friend! I wonder what happened in that house.

(My husband grew up in the West Island too.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: