You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It The Friendly Neighbour?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It The Friendly Neighbour?

 

My Parents split when I was 9 years old; I lived with my mother and visited my father on the weekends. He lived in a flat on the second floor, and below him lived a friendly elderly lady who was always nice towards me and my younger brother.

As the weekends went by, my brother and I continued to visit our father and often saw the lay below. On this certain Saturday, me and my brother were playing in the grass patch with our toys and the lady came over to us, gave us a sweet each and told us to be safe and happy. As a 10 year old, I didn't think much of it.

I went to bed that night. I woke very early about 5:15 because I needed the toilet. As I climbed back into bed, I looked out my door and saw the old Lady staring at me, I looked back at her and she smiled at me and then she walked away and disappeared. This scared me as I heard no doors open or close and I was up the rest of the night listening.

Whilst eating breakfast, I told my father what happened and his face whitened. It turned out that, the elderly lady below us had died in the early hours of that morning.

I believe I saw the Lady just after she died and that she came to say goodbye to me. That was 8 years ago and I still believe that.

What do you all think? Please no rude comments...

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JemLouise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Yeah, right on the money granny, I too agree this elderly lady, had a nurturing affection for you jem, it was her way of saying goodbye.
Embrace this memory jem as you travel the rocky road of life, it may comfort you latter on, in ways you may not yet comprehend! 😁❤
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
JemLouise: Thank you for sharing your story. I second your belief. People all over the world have experienced sightings of other people who had just died and were making that transition over to the other side. I do believe she just wanted to say her good byes to your mother and you.
They don't mean to frighten us and when you ask them to not show themselves in a frightening way, they won't.

I am so glad you were able to put the peices together for your mother and cleanse the house and talk to your Aunt.

Take care and God bless you and your family.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
this kind old lady obviousley loved you both and she definatley came in one last visitation to say good bye it's lovely to know that there are good people in the world as well as all the badness that's here too she was definetley a sweet lady and it's a great memory for you both to have known her and also what a lovely memory that she appered to say a last farewell before going into the light lovley storey take care and God bless...
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
sounds like it to me. She sounds like she was a nice lady... Thank you for sharing your story.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hello, I have to agree with the others and say this lady came to say good bye. It sounds like she was a very sweet and caring person. Great story and thank you for sharing it.
Take Care 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Vulcan: LOL!...I'm with you... For me 10pm is the middle of the night! 😆...By 5:15am, I'm at work and it's almost break time...

Jem: Thanks for sharing this story!...I think the lady felt a connection to you, and was trying to tell you to not be sad, that she was going to be fine... Maybe you reminded her of her own grand children...

What I find really interesting is that she gave you both a candy and kind of said good-bye the day she passed... When my mother-in-law passed, my husband came home and he would always call her to say good-night...Well, she couldn't hear very well, and sometimes wouldn't answer the phone for several calls... This time, though, when she didn't answer the first few he got worried for some reason... When he went to his Mom's a few minutes later, she was in bed and had passed away... When I asked him what was different about this time and her not answering the phone, he said it was because she looked better when he'd left her than he'd seen her in years...

I think sometimes, people sense when they are leaving this plane, and for many, it's a relief...

Thanks again! 😊
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Your right. She probably did. Although I wouldn't call staying up from 5:15 in the morning, the rest of the night. I'm already up and had my first cup of coffee and watched a good bit of the fox news morning show by then.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hi JemLouise:
You will not get any rude comments from me. I believe that you were visited by the lady. We do not know why we are visited by certain people at their passing. I have just shared a story about my uncle bidding farewell. This lady must have come to say her goodbye or just to check on you. Sometimes there just isn't an answer for everything but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Thanks for sharing. Zeta

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: