You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Feeling a Presence Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling a Presence Around Me

 

You may have read my other story Beam Of Light, in it I say that I have not experienced or seen anything really weird, but that does not mean that I don't feel weird presences, or hear things.

I've said before that I go to a boarding school, which is apparently very haunted. I'm starting to believe it more and more. I don't know what it is, but ever since I came back from spring break, (which was a week ago) I've been having these really weird feelings that someone or something is around me, just watching. It's not occasional either, it's all the time, even when my roommates are with me in my room, I feel there is something around me. I don't get it though, how come I can't see it? Why hasn't it tried to communicate with me, I want to communicate with it! I've even said, "If you do not have good intentions, please leave me alone..." and "If you do have good intentions, please talk to me..." But nothing happens.

We sleep with all the lights off, and now I'm just so scared to do that, I never used to be afraid of the dark. I sleep alone in my room at home in the dark, with the door closed, and I am never afraid nor do I ever wake up in the middle of the night feeling that something is watching me, but at school I wake up in the night very often, feeling that a presence is around me.

Now, I have experienced one thing at my home that probably scared the living day lights out of me. I'm not used to paranormal activity so this really freaked me out. I was home alone, during the day and I was looking at my cupboard to see what I could eat, half day dreaming as well. When all of a sudden I heard someone yell my name very loud. It was a man, and it felt like they were outside in my yard. I turned around so quickly and no one was there, so I went to see if someone was in my yard and nothing. It couldn't have been my neighbours because they don't even know me, or my name.

Is there something following me? I played Ouija Board with my friend once, a couple of months ago, and apparently a boy named Thomas is with me at all times, (I had a imaginary boyfriend named Thomas as well which was really freaky). Is he trying to tell me something?

What should I do? I want to communicate with it, but it's not like I want to wake up in the middle of the night and see it standing at the foot of my bed. It's possible that I am just paranoid but what I heard was definitely something. I'm in desperate need of advice, please share your thoughts!

Other hauntings by Chrono

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chrono, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
You and I have the exact same thing happening. I always feel like I'm being watched though I can never see him. Though I do feel comfortable with his presence now (except for a few times went I felt really uneasy and uncomfortable) but I don't want to use a ouji board to communicate with it (heard they were bad:S) But I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through this. If you know it's a 'good' ghost an hasn't done anything to harm you. Try sitting in a room with it and do what ever just try and feel comfortable because it just might be lonely and want to be around someone.
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
It seems like you are in the same type of situation I am in. I keep thinking there is a ghost around me but I am never quite sure because it really doesn't communicate with me much. I'm also now afraid of the dark and I didn't use to be. A ghost sometimes won't talk to you. I have tried talking to what I think is a ghost once and it didn't say anything back. Some things just take time or if you really want to find out what it is try taking pictures around the place with a digital camera and see if you see anything.
iWereWolf (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
*I want you to think about the most memerable time you had with your friends, EG: we won our dance competition, we became from nothing to winners! One of the best momments in my life which was in 2006.

*I want you to think about the most unbelievable best thing that ever happened to you. EG: I was playing a 3 legged race with the most beautiful girl at prefect camp we both laughed kuz we fell over nearly after every step. (and she liked me)

I want you to think happy thoughts when when ever you get scared,

eventually your reach your happy place,
now I want you to just randomly think thousands of happy thoughts every second.
In this state your releasing amazing amount of energy towards your surroundings,

it would take 1000 negative thoughts to over come 1 positive thought.

once your done you can open your eyes, after this momment you would have no reason to fear because with your good positive thoughts and memories your have no reason to fear.

remember you must focus all your attention to positive thoughts, the more you focus your attention on something the stronger it gets.

and remember you will always have more good memories than bad memories.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
Hello Chrono.
I have a thought that perhaps will not be anywhere near what you had hoped to receive while you sat and wrote out this experience, but it is the first thing that I thought of as I concluded reading the tale.
One of the experiences that you recalled occurred when you admittedly were daydreaming. The dream state is reportedly one of the most opportune times in which to receive a communication with the Spirit world. If you daydream in the same manner in which my daughter does (I am a pretty "deep" daydreamer, too), the only real difference between sleep and daydreaming is the fact that you are not laying in bed, and you are awake. Even though an atom bomb could go off four feet from your front door, the DAYDREAM is what occupies your mind.
Another one happened after an Ouija board attempt... And after the imaginary boyfriend episode.
Just so that you know, and yes- I know this is not related to the story- I think most teenage girls have the imaginary boyfriend in place at least one time in the teenage years. It is a great deterrent to anyone who is "unsuitable" to your personal tastes.
Ouija boards work in two ways. In one way that it works, you are having a conversation with an entity that knows more than what it is that you wish for it to know at times. It can let secrets out that you would prefer others not to know, or jog your memory on something that you had thought long forgotten, or it can simply put you in touch with a being who can answer some questions for you.
The OTHER way that the communication board works is through the mind of those around the board. It "reads" the thoughts in the minds of those playing the "game". I think the reason it pointed out a boy that is constantly around you... (because Thomas is a piece of art created in your mind) and your MIND IS always around you.
I think that the reason you had felt uncomfortable was that there were simply too many loose ends, and a lot of coincidences that brought wayward thoughts. Not all of the experiences that you had were paranormal. Neither were all of them NORMAL. The difficulty is in sorting them out and deciding which to place in which proper file.
I do not feel that the emotions in your room at school are related to the other two experiences at all. I feel that there is a point in our lives in which we are isolated from all thoughts of what are normal and what is manufactured. In this boarding school that you attend, there are rumors of ghosts in just about every building, and there you are in the dorm, with the feel of someone constantly watching you. Some rooms just feel like that.
I would look into the archives (if students are privy to such information) and look for a young lady around the age of sixteen who may have left this life in the building to the left of your dorm. Look for the first initial of an I or E (they sound alike when pronouncing some names). It was an accident, and there may have been a few witnesses.
Or...
You could just ask her to walk towards the light. He family is on The Other Side, waiting with open arms and will welcome her WITHOUT DELAY. She is lost, and alone, and she NEEDS your help.
Thank you.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
I say, just like kim, to to it. I get the same feeling of something around me. I don't like being alone. Its just in my bedroom tho. A reeaalllyyy small bedroom. Whenever I sleep. I have to have my TV on. I can't have my door open tho. Cause then I can see outside cause its right next to a window by our door. Its scares me. I used to be fine in the dark.
but pray for it. And ask it if it wants help to pass on. And just tell it that'd itd be happier if it goes to the light. ❤
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Thank you Kim! Latley actually, I haven't been scared and uncomfortable as I used to be, it's like I'm used to feeling something around me. I feel ok with it now. But I will do what you said.
Thanks.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Instead of asking it to perform, talk to 'it' as if you are aware of its presence. Tell 'it' to cross over to the light, to cross over to the Lord and 'it' will be cared for.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Sorry Chrono for taking up your space. Rhodes I understand excactly what you are saying. The more we know the more questions are to be found. I to thought I understood more about the paranormal but Every time I read or hear about something knew, the dumber I think I am 😁.I understand that you are having a problem at Animas. Is the problem somethinng involving you not knowing what is going on? Or is it a problem that has started attacking you? I am willing to help you Tammy for you are a close friend to me and I see you are going through a hard time right now. I believe tha this is disturbing and you don't know what really is going on. Buut I hate to braek it to you my friend, you might never know! That is why its the paranormal. But please if you are willing to share this please do. I will try my best to help you here and if I can't help then maybe somone else will. I believe this site is a place where we don't just share stories but we share questions,feelings,and heart. And there are some people here who will want to help us. Consider this a family who we will never probably see 😜.I understand how this feels like not talking to anyone about it. I am lucky enough that I have some people I can talk to and they understand me. My father just thinks I'm a little crazy 😜!I know this is a delicat manner right now But if you decide to share this problem I will try my best to help you. I hope to hear from you soon my friend and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Chrono, sorry for taking up your place.

[at] ChrisB:Thank you Chris for your generous comment. 😊.I see this site as a school where I read and read, question, wonder and finally remain with most questions unanswered. At least there are a few posters (including you) whose opinion I respect and I'm always anxious to hear what they have to say.

The events at Anima have taken an unexpected turn, envolving me as well. I need to make some sort of sense out of it before posting. I'm hesitating too much at the moment and to be absolutely honest, I wish I could talk to someone who might have an answer or, at least, guide me to distinguish between truth and lies.

Thank you for the support my friend.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Hi Rhodes. Thanks for the compliment but I don't think I have that much knowledge about the paranormal 😳.I believe there are so many people here who have great knowledge about it and I believe you are one of them 😉.By the way, when are you going to post another great story? I will be waiting to read it my friend! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Rhodes, I made my imaginary boyfriend up with my bestfriend when we were like 10 as a joke, basically like an imaginary friend.
We would be like "Oh there's Thomas, hey Thomas" and stuff like that.
And Chris, thank you. I never knew they need energy to be seen. I understand it alittle bit better now.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
I was going to say that if indeed it's a spirit and not overactive imagination playing tricks on you or extreme fear doing the exact same thing, one explanation why it doesn't communicate with you is due to lack of sufficient energy but Chris was much more detailed than me.

You got me confused with your referrence to your "imaginary boyfriend". Could you elaborate on that?

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't sound so inviting to something I cannot see. After your ouija game, who can tell what's lurking out there?

Thanks for sharing your story
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Chrono. I believe that there may be a spirit fallowing you considering that you played an ouji board. Spirits do show them selves but that happens very rarely. Spirits show them selves when they have enough energy. There has to be a lot of energy if they show themselves entirely. Even members here who have seen many spirits don't see them every day. It happens once in a while. Sometimes we can cath a orb or hear a sound but to see a spirit enirely happens rarley. So you have to be patient. Maybe in time you will see him. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soo nad take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: