You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Thing Following Me Around For 2 Years

Real Ghost Stories

Thing Following Me Around For 2 Years

 

A couple of years ago, I was writing about the things happening in my new room. For understanding better, I really think you should also read my first story.

Shortly after, I got rid of those experiences because I moved to another city with my boyfriend.

I lived in two different places while being away. The first one was a small apartment. It was on the 9th floor of the building, I was always frightened there. Neighbors fighting, birds on my balcony being loud, even though I lived with my boyfriend I was always alone at night. I wouldn't sleep in the dark, it was either light or TV on, but never darkness. There were even nights when I would hear knocks at the door, I would go check and nobody would be at the door. That didn't bother me much because when you live in an apartment building which has 10 floors, you have a lot of potential neighbors who just want to mess with you.

Anyway, I had a strange encounter there. My bed was facing the balcony door. I would always close the curtains at night because I felt uneasy. I always had the impression that I would happen to look at the door or windows and I would see something on the balcony. Silly frightened me. One night, though, I got out of bed, I went to the kitchen to have some water, I came back in the bedroom and went to close the curtains. As I was still facing the windows, curtains not completely closed, I saw a man-like shadow behind me reflecting in the window. I quickly turned and there was, of course, no one. That wasn't so disturbing, because I am kind of used to seeing shadows at the corner of my eye.

Half a year later, I moved to a bigger apartment in a newer building. Everything was so quiet there, calm neighbors, silence everywhere. The place was big, a huge living room, a huge balcony, a huge kitchen, a huge bedroom and a big bathroom. Again, most of the nights I was alone. My boyfriend even brought home a black cat and that really helped because now I had a companion to spend time with.

Before going to sleep, I used to watch TV in the living room. Then I would close the TV and open the one in my bedroom, just to have some light there. The problem was that there were moments when I was feeling uneasy and then I would hear the TV in the living room turning on. I went to turn it off. Then it would turn on again, sometimes in static. I wouldn't take it too serious, I mean these things can malfunction and they would do their thing.

Again, knocks on the door there too.

Besides these facts, there were minor happenings. I don't remember them all.

But all this time, sleep paralysis would be there for me.

A few months ago, I broke up with this guy and moved back home. I forgot the things that happened to me there, I was just happy to be home.

One night, I woke up because I couldn't breathe. Nothing covered my face but something was holding me. I want to state that it was not sleep paralysis. I could move. There were only certain parts, like my hands that felt like being held down. And something was suffocating me. It was almost like a kiss, it felt like one. Suddenly, I took a deep breath, I was able to move my hands. I jumped out of bed and went to the kitchen to smoke a cigarette. I shrugged it off and went back to sleep.

A few nights after this happening, I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard a voice, very deep and non-human-like whispering my name.

I wrote this because I want some of your opinions. Do you think that the uneasiness I felt while being away is connected to the things described in my first story? Do you think something followed me all the way from home to this places and then back home? It feels more present home. Keep in mind that two years passed. I am really afraid that, even though for a month or so, nothing new happened, all the things from the first story would start again.

I want to state that I am not stressed, nor afraid, only intrigued by all this. My life is on a really good path right know and I would really like to know if I caused these in any way or what should I do.

Other hauntings by blckwdnsdy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blckwdnsdy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-01)
Hi, Rajine,

Thank you for the comment.

I do believe in God, a lot, and I really think that being positive and believing in a bond with some greater force helps a lot.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-01)
Hello, Lealeigh:)

Unfortunately, he took the cat, but I know that he takes good care of him.

I never noticed anything unusual in the cat's behavior. Like any other animal, he had some moments when he would look at some spot in the room where there wasn't anything unusual. He was, anyway, a very active cat, always playing a lot and running around the house, so that behavior of his didn't leave much room for noticing something weird.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-28)
Hi I do believe that you may have some sort of negative energy attached to you, I agree with the other commentators about a home and body cleansing ritual, try smudging with sage and also wear a clear crystal necklace but above all you need to always have faith in God because nothing is more powerful and greater than him, a positive and strong willed mindset is your greatest defense against negative and evil entities
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-28)
Hello Blckwdnsdy,

I have an irrelevant question but, since I love animals, here it is:

Did you take the black cat home with you or did you leave it with your ex boyfriend. I hope you brought it with you because, as you say, he is never home.

Also, was the cat ever agitated in any of the places where activity was going on?

- Maria
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
silverthane61,

I am indeed a positive and happy person. I want to state that from my observations, the things happening were more visible and agressive when I was being sad, frustrated, angry etc.
I am not afraid in general. Of course, I have moments when I find myself panicking hearing something or seeing something, but I immediately shrug it off because I know that some of these things can feed off the energy you transmit.
Even the episode in which I woke up feeling suffocated did not scare me that much, for a moment, yes, but then I just felt curious about the encounter.

I just hope that I will come to better understand these happenings and that it won't become worse.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Anno_Domini,

I am a Christian.
I thought about discussing the matter with a priest and I know that maybe some would laugh it off but there are a lot of Christian Churches in my town that I can reach out to for advice/help.
I even remember a story told by my grandmother. She was talking with a priest and he told her that once, going to some house to perform a blessing, some invisible thing abruptly opened the dressing doors, it could be heard crawling on the walls, the ceiling, then exiting the room out the window. I even know this priest, I used to go a lot at that Church and I think that maybe I could talk to him.
I often pray and an important element in all the prayers I've been thought is asking for protection about any kind of evil.

Thank you, as well, for the advice.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Bibliothecarius,

I never thought about the shadows being different. I never really thought about them much because, weirdly, their presence or sighting is not scary, it's just like I've become accustomed to them and I don't really pay much attention, but from what I can remember, all of them had human-like shapes. I didn't think about what they can represent either, because, like I said, I don't find their presence disturbing. It's something in my mind that's telling me they're ok, no need to worry, they mean no harm. I've had experiences which simply terrified me, but with them, it's different. It's almost like I know they should be there, just passing by or exploring or whatever.

Some of the events happened while I was in the same room. I really thought about me maybe having some sort of bond with the paranormal, but I'm afraid that if I tried to understand or practice it, I'd attract something that I won't be able to get rid of afterwards. I often feel presences near me, even touches sometimes, but I don't act like I acknowledge them because I think that it could make things worse.

About the sleep, I've had several encounters with sleep paralysis. This one described in the story, though, is not the first one I've had which felt like it was not caused by this disorder. In the case of a sleep paralysis episode, I'd wake up completely terrified, unable to move but I would immediately become aware of what's happening, I'd try moving a finger and it would soon go away. The thing described in the story didn't feel like sleep paralysis and I had several encounters when I would wake up, I would see some member of my family starring at me, asking me if I'd go somewhere with them, but just as soon as I'd leave the bed, they'd disappear.

About the cleansing ritual, I am as well afraid that one of those would make a possible entity angry, just like you see in any low-budget horror movie. I will try one, though, because I'm really curious about what will happen.

Thank your for all the advice.:)
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
My advice is simple: Stay positive and happy. From your story, you ended by saying you were not afraid, stressed and that your life is on a good path. In essence, you have very little to no "mojo" for evil entities to feed off of you. Maybe this is why you have been having very few visits. I must say that I am alarmed by the presence that suffocated you. That is not good. If this only makes you curious, then you have an iron personality. It can not possibly feed off of your fear!
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
Hi blckwdnsdy, initially I read this story of yours, then went back and read your first story you posted 9 months ago. I'm going to assume that you or your family are Catholic (or Christian), from your comments in the earlier story.

I think there is a pattern in the escalation of contact (as is the case with other people too) over the course of these 2 years -- first strange happenings, then these strange occurrences become the new norm, then physical or verbal phenomena, then they become a new norm, then it stats interacting with you in some form or manner. Many spiritual oppressions follow the same format. This is one way that "familiars" use to start their attachments.

My suggestion is to ask your grandmother for a contact in her church who deals with exorcisms and get his opinion on this. If her church does not have someone of this expertise, maybe you could ask around the Christian churches in your area. Many churches do deal with spiritual oppression but this is not widely know as you can imagine they don't shout it from rooftops.

Also may I suggest (given my assumption of your faith) the next time you feel that you are victim to it's attention, schemes or disturbances, rebuke it in the name of Jesus. They hate being reminded of Christ's victory (like you mentioned in your last story the statue of Jesus was knocked to the ground and dragged across the floor). Lastly, prayer helps a lot in keeping these entities at bay. For more of my thoughts please have a look at my YGS profile.

-AD
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
Greetings, blckwdnsdy.

I confess I'd completely forgotten your first narrative; reading it first was helpful for context.

You state in replies on the first story and in this story that you have become accustomed to seeing shadows out of the corners of your eyes. Does it often/always seem to be the same shadow? If the shadows you see are different heights, unusual shapes, etc., this is your ability to glimpse the supernatural. It can be disturbing or disorienting at times, but that's your senses calling attention to the unusual/supernatural. If you see the shadows as nearly the same height and shape most of the time, you may have a supernatural attachment that is following you. Some attachments are guardian figures, some are unsettling/disturbing, and others are outright dangerous.

Given that the interruptions in your sleeping habits are part of the issue, here, along with some poltergeist phenomena (knocking, movement of objects), there is a possibility that you are a spiritual medium but have not figured out how to use your gifts. Your sightings of shadows *could be* because an entity is feeding off of your unused energy. The fact that you were *not* in the same room as the knocking sounds, the statue's fall, the t.v.'s on/off behavior, etc., indicates to me that you are *not* the cause of the phenomena, as suppressed poltergeist energies tend to accompany the person generating them.

The entity's habit of sitting on you while you sleep may be exactly as you claim, or it could be your brain trying to make sense of a sleeping disorder, such as sleep apnea. Given that you once saw the reflection of a full-bodied shadow apparition in addition to experiencing the recurring sleep-pressure phenomena, I think you need to have your room cleansed again, as your grandmother did the first time these issues began to bother you. Performing a cleansing ritual on yourself is also a very good idea. Once you've gotten some breathing space away from the entity, you may want to learn about what your mind can do through some calm, guided meditation exercises. I must stress that you should get the shadowy entity/entities to back off first, *then* try meditating; meditating without the initial protection of a cleansing ritual will simply open you up to whatever is there. Cleansing first will give you some security before you explore your ability.

I'll include Rook's cleansing ritual, below. Please take great care.

Best,
Biblio.

------

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: