You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bad Dream and Sulfur Smell

Real Ghost Stories

Bad Dream and Sulfur Smell

 

I was recently deployed to Iraq for a 18 month tour, and didn't mind too much because that was my second time there. Through out my tour we went on different missions and such. Months into the deployment we began to relax and were getting used to the fact of not being home.

I had went to church one sunday and was getting ready to leave when the chaplin had asked me if something was bothering me. I had told him "No, I don't think so". He said it looks like something is over you keeping you down. I told him that I felt fine and went along my way. Days later in our barracks there was this awful sulfur smell right near my bunk, it would wake me up out of my sleep it smelled so bad, but the next morning there was no smell.

As the months grew shorter the smell still remained, I would ask my bunk buddies if they smelled anything, and they would say they couldn't smell a thing. One of the nights it was really hot so I uncovered myself and rolled over, and when I opened my eyes it looked like a skeleton dancing in front of me, But when I rubbed the clear it was just my fan. When I fell back asleep, I was in this island surrounded in this lake of fire. There was this voice saying to renounce God and worship him. I knew who it was and I fell to my knees and started to pray the lords prayer, (Our father). Every time I did that he would get angry and the place would shake.

I would wake up soaking in sweat, with heavy breathing. I told everyone about my dream, and most of them said that the devil was trying to get you. This happened a few more times but the places would change and there would be family members trying to help me. Once I came home the dreams stopped. I haven't had a dream like that again. Could it be possible that he wanted me but I was too strong for him, or could it have been the fact that he knows I'm too strong to get so he would have to get me at my weakest?

Well hope you enjoy, can't wait to hear from you.

theTRU1

Other hauntings by theTRU1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theTRU1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheVisited1 (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-18)
Hello all my GHOST TELLING Friends. It's been a long time since I've been on here, and finally found my account.
Be sure to check out my stories: theTru1. / TheVisited1
Glad to be back.
Happy Hauntings!
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
No offense... But you need a psychological and neurological consult ASAP. Hallucinating and smelling sulphur are not signs of something paranormal, they are symptoms of possible psycho/neorological problems. The fact that you smell sulphur when no one else does is particularly troubling. Seriously - see a doctor.
toastymarshy (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
In my opinion this ghost lives in Iraq so I wouldn't worry about it, so long as it no longer bothers you 😁
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Hello,soldier, as if you didn't have enough to put up with! I believe it is that awful place, Iraq that has a lot to do with your experience. You fought the evil one off, God bless you and keep the 'faith' 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Thank you very much for sharing your story, and thank you very much for the sacrifices you made serving our country for us.

I agree with you. You were certainly being tempted and in keeping with the area, violence and all around situation you and all of the others with you then and those that serve now deal with and have dealt with, that would be the ideal time and area for evil to try to tempt you and to, unfortunately, with others tempt them with success. The shaking, smell and thoughts through your dreams were another way to try to break you. Evil uses a lot of smoke and mirrors as temptation. You stood up to the test!

Keep us posted!

God Bless!
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Satan will try his best to try and get anyone he can to worship him... As a Christian, I have had quite similar experiences. The enemy will do anything in it's power, but once you feel the anointing of Jesus fall over you... You just gotta tell whatever it is that in Jesus' name, you command it to leave. Basically scare it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hello, theTRU1.
I have not read the rest of the comments, as I do not want them to taint what I am feeling while reading this, and please believe that I mean you no disrespect.
You have a very important job. No matter what your description is, you are in charge of keeping peace, and instilling respect in the hearts and minds of the people in your care. Even if you walk into a new village everyday, all those that you contact are there because of you and your group of freedom fighters. Without the backup of the military, some very inhumane things may occur. That is a very important job.
While some people will give you all opposition, and tell you that what you are doing is wrong, (some will even think that you are evil) that you have no business being there, there IS a reason for the support that you give.
You are in what others have coined the fiery pits of hell. That is not new. When I was there in 1991, it was called that, and it will more than likely not change names until peace again reigns, and ALL of our men come home. With all the responsibility that sits on your shoulders, there is no wonder that odd dreams fill your sleep times.
Our minds work in highly mysterious ways, and in this case, I feel that yours replaced the devil with YOUR devil (not making light of Satan, just pointing out that some of us still call that regiment the devils army).
I have no idea if I have made any sense, or even if my thoughts run the same circles as yours. But I do NOT think this was a visit from the devil. But I DO think that your unconscious mind was telling you to be on guard.
That is a really good piece of advice, coming from where you are.
Peace to you, and be safe.
Thank you.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
hey there, 😁

i must say, your story scare the heck out of me... I have deal with ghost and demons my entire childhood so I know how terrifying that is. 😨
Im glad you choose to spray and didn't let your fear get the best of you.
Hope everything is well and take good care and don't forget that God is watching over us!

looney
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
This does seem to happen to a lot of people. Just telling you that you are not alone. Take care of yourself! Faith is all you need! I am a ghost hunter and I went to a church/cemetery. Everything was fine until the smell of sulfur came about. Even seen my first black mass then. When you smell the smell, you can feel the wrong in the enviroment. It's awful.
seabird (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Wow! Super scary! I recently smelled sulfur in my house and that was very scary, although my experience was only for one day. I can't imagine how frightened you were in a foreign land fighting a war, and having to deal with that on top of it! Thanks so much for sharing! - Christine
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
ChrisB, thanks for the comment I will always be sure to keep the faith. Rosefor Emily can you send me info on those books? Matticus thanks for writing I hope that I deal with the enemines in iraq again befor I have another dream like that. Pinkroses thankyou for reading, my service is nothing I do it so knowone else has too. HOPE to hear from all of you soon. TAKE CARE and GOOD STORY TELLING!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Well I have to go with my friends here. There was something evil trying to get you. There is nothing more stronger bthen love at faith. Good thing you fought. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
I have read stories about people who have had similar experiences.
Matticus and pinkroses are right, just stay strong.

<3
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
wow looks like you have more enemies in iraq then once thought. I too believe the devil tried to get you at your weakest, while you already had the stress of a soldier. Good work I'm sure god will reward you. 😁
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
It really sounds like to me that the devil was doing what he does best, attacking you when you were at a vulnerable moment in your life, being deployed so far away from home and loved ones. I am glad you came back safely and everything is okay with you now. Stay strong in faith and thank you theTRU1 for your service. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: