You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Stories from my Fiance

Real Ghost Stories

Stories from my Fiance

 

This story was told to me by my fiance, I have known him for 15 years and I know he is not teasing me because he is a serious person who is not known to tell tales just to be noticed or to be self-important.

When he was in his late 20's early 30's (he is now late 60's) he was working part-time at a gas station. One morning it was very foggy and you couldn't see the road in front of the station. He was out taking the readings on the pumps (pre the computer age) and he heard a metallic sound coming from up the road. Like a tin can or something similar rolling down the road. When it came into view, it was a metal pie plate rolling on it's side and when it came to the driveway into the station, it turned in and headed toward the front door. When it reached the door it flopped down flat. My fiance thought of how strange it was that the plate could turn into the drive like it did and if it was just rolling down the street why didn't it go pass the station and keep going.

He finished taking the readings and went into the station to enter the number into the journal, his mind off the pie plate at that time.

He thought about the plate so he glanced out the door where it as laying it started to wobble and then it jumped back up on its side and rolled out of the driveway and headed down the road. The fog was starting to lift and he could see up and down the road so he went out the door to watch the plate roll away and he saw it turn on to a dirt road that ended at an old abandon house, that some said was haunted.

Some of the things he thought about was, did the plate fall off a vehicle and roll away, but he hadn't heard any cars or trucks go by, there was no breeze so the wind didn't make the plate roll, where did it come from and what could have made the plate turn into the 2 driveways, and also it reminded him of a game kids use to play rolling pans or other objects with a stick down a sidewalk or road.

Was it a ghost of a kid playing and the heading home to his house?

What do you think?

One more story from my fiance, this was when he moved to Indiana and worked at an appliance store. He was divorced at that time and his boss had made him a place to live in the back of the store.

One night, after having a late dinner, he returned back at the store, and when he opened the back door, he heard what sounded like someone sweeping the floor, fast and furious, in the front showroom. He was startled because he knew the owner of the store was the type of person who when to bed at dark and would not be at work that late at night. Just in case, he called out his boss's name but got no reply, but the sweeping continued. The funny thing about it was they had just installed indoor-outdoor carpeting that very day and there was no reason for someone to be sweeping the floor like they use to do when there was only vinyl flooring.

My fiance decided to investigate, and he took a flash light and walked towards the showroom to see if he could see anyone. The sweeping stopped and of course, no one was there. He shrugged it off and went back to his room.

A short time later, in the storage room that was next to his room, there were noises that sounded like someone was taking the appliances that were still in their cartons, and slammed them into the wall. Bam Bam Bam, the wall closed to his head shook, each time another carton was slammed into the wall. That stopped before he could investigate so again he just shrugged it off. I can tell you, that I would have been out the door faster than a blink of an eye if it was me!

Later, just as he started to doze off, he said he felt a presence in the room like someone had just walked in and was staring at him, and it didn't feel friendly. After a minute or two the feeling left and there was no other activity that night or ever again.

He also said that the next day he went into the stock room to see if any of the boxed appliances had move and not only was there no evidence of the boxes being moved, the dust didn't even look disturbed, and by the sound of slamming boxes against the wall there should have been visible evidence of movement.

I can't believe that he didn't get out of that place that night and could go to sleep after it was over! I guess it's a guy thing because I don't know if I could have ever slept there again.

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

YGSFan (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
MOTHERPANN - I emailed you regarding your fiance's sighting of a reptoid. I just have to hear it! I was so intrigued that after months of being a YGS fan and not registering for this site... I did! 😁
varanett (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
For the second story, it seems as if the being wanted attention, then went into your fiance's room, wondering why it didn't get any.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Wow. For the second encounter, I would say the reason the sounds and occurances went away after that night and did not come back to disturn him again is because he did not react. It sounds as if the being was if not negative at least a little bit naughty and wanted attention. When no attention was forth coming, 'it' got bored and moved on. Something similar to polterfeist activity.

For the first story... Wow and wow. How freaky that would have been to see that with the fog adding another layer of creepy right on top of it! Whew! I would agree with your theory on that one. I remeber my folks telling me how they would roll things like pie tins with a stick, it was a challenge to see how long you could keep it up right and rolling along,

Thanks for sharing the stories with us!

God Bless!
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
I would also like to hear more about his alien encounter... Please email me! Lol
my address is on my profile!

thanks 😁
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
I guess sometimes if you leave the ghost alone and ignore it... Or at least show that you don't care...they'll get bored and stop trying to bother you... In some cases...

other cases they will definitely make their presense known and will do anything to make you feel uncomfortable and leave.

Just in my personal opinion... I don't know what otehr people think
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Yes, he always seems to be a brave man, as long as snakes aren't involved LOL.

Too bad this is a ghost site. Or I would write his event with an alien. When he was 15 he saw a being deep in the forrest, that had to be an alien, it looked similar to the pics you can find on the web, called Reptillians. And this was way before tv or computers so he couldn't have made it up based on what others might have written.

So I guess he isn't fazed by anything unusual. Must be why he's with me!
seabird (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I liked the pie plate story as it seems it wanted to go on a little adventure! I would have flown so fast out of that store if I was your fiance! I give him credit for being so brave! Thanks for sharing! - Christine
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I to would have had enough for the night. I bet he was very confused when all of this was happening. I realy liked your story. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
I agree with you! I would have been out of that store so fast!

In the first story, maybe it was just a coincidence, or maybe it really was a ghost kid just playing. Kinda cute isn't it?

And the second one, that scares me. A mad customer? Lol just kidding.
Perhaps something happened there and the ghost is still mad.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: