You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Amazing Flaming Light

Real Ghost Stories

Amazing Flaming Light

 

It's so difficult to tell this story to people you just meet because you never know what their reaction will be, "oh she's insane". I love this web site, where I know I'm not the only one that experienced something supernatural. This is real... it's so real.

I was about 15 years old (I'm now 30 but I tell you, it feels like yesterday) and I still shiver when talking about it. I was in desperate need of help. I was crying and felt lonely. Although I'm not religious or anything, I began to pray and ask God for help. Those teenage years were hard.

I'm sitting in front of a small night table with the bible and a lit candle. I remember asking for a sign that God in fact existed, because I felt alone. Suddenly, I got up and blew out the candle and stood there sniffing the dark smoke that it left behind.

As I opened the door to leave the bedroom, a loud but harmonious sound like the ocean but softer surrounded me. I felt this nice soft pressure from behind... like a presence... I can't even explain it. It was nice but heavy in a way. As I turned my face over my left shoulder to look behind, the very strong pressure pushed my face forward. It was a soft pressure because it didn't hurt nor did it feel cold or hot or windy, but just like a pressure but soft. It pushed my face forward and suddenly, from behind me came two basket ball size balls of flaming white bright light. There was one on my right and one on my left. They flew across the hall that was in front of the bedroom, as I stood in the doorway, and behind these amazing bright balls of flaming light, there were rays of white light left behind, as though painted with a paint brush on my walls.

But when they came from behind me, it wasn't just a pressure anymore. Suddenly, my hair flew all over the place but I couldn't feel if the wind was cold or hot, just soft. And I just stood there and stared at the bright balls of fire whooshing beside me fast leaving also a harmonious whooshing, like a soft gentle ocean sound too.

When they reached the very end of the hallway across from me, I heard my sister call me, "Eli"? Suddenly, the balls exploded and I was completely surrounded with white bright light like that of a flash from a camera but even brighter. I couldn't see myself, my hands, body, or anything around me, just bright bright light... oh my God, it was truly amazing. Then, the light shriveled up into nothing and my sister showed up at the other bedroom doorway across from me and asked "what was that... I saw like a bright light... what was that".

I was shocked at what had just happened but surprised that she had seen it too. So I was kind of nervous and asked her to just come over to me and we closed the door of the bedroom. I began to explain to her what had happened and how I was praying and asked God for a sign and suddenly, as I'm speaking to her, I look over to the night table and see that the candle was lit!

It was the message. It was the sign that I had asked for and the bright light. I began to tell my story to my mother when she got home and my mom, being so religious and all, was in tears. I told a few people in church and then that was it. It's just in my heart and memory forever. I'm not even religious and truly, I don't believe in religion so I'm not a fanatic trying to make the world believe. I feel that religion is nice but not for me. It just controls the world and although I did ask God for a sign, I think that all of us have it in us to make such beautiful things happen but we don't know how powerful we really are. If there is a God, yes I received a beautiful sign, but still, it doesn't mean religion is the way to go. All I know is that I had an enormous supernatural experience that I'll never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ophelia1023 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Wow, this article gave me goosebumps; the heavenly-good-kind of goosebumps. I'm a freelancer in terms of religious beliefs. I mean, I believe in a Higher Being but I do not box myself in any religion. Your experience is... Beautiful. Let it be your stronghold, your well of hope during challenging times. Thank you for sharing.
Aidan30617 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I am a christian and my mom had a half similar experience. We believe it was jesus christ.
bilbil17 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Hi Elizabeth! Your story brings back eerie memories. These things are so hard to explain to others, especially those who wouldn't believe you anyway, and that encompasses just about everybody.
It's upsetting to me now whenever I hear skeptics poo pooing these stories, but I understand why they might. Mainly because they haven't had their own experience (s).

I added a story here some time ago that I'd like you to read. I think You'll appreciate it.

Thanx! BB
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
God is the energy that the Universe is formed of. His will determines the form. What happens when you smash an atom? Energy is released, but you cannot destroy that energy. It can re-form into something else with time. God is everything around you, from the ground that you walk on to the air you breathe. All of us are tiny parts of the greater. We all will be called home, some sooner than later. We are here to learn, and then return to God. Some lessons take longer than others. God wants those who want Him. But a leap of faith is required first. I know this well. I was alone too. God kicked me in the pants with a dream. It consisted of a woman holding a baby with a raging storm of fire all around. It was like a hurricane of fire and destruction. She was untouched however. She looked at me and said one word: Seek. So I sought. God and I are on reasonable terms now. I still have my faults. Bad drivers are one I am still struggling with. Stupid pet peaves. BTW, use your turn signal, its common courtesy, and its not very hard to do. 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
IF there is a God? Obviously SOMETHING related to God made this occurance happen.
I am a Christian. I believe in Christ, God , the Holy Bible and the Holy SPIRIT.
I am not a fan of organized religion either, but that doesn't mean we can't believe.

I am glad for you that it was a pleasant experience. For me, just reading the account of what happened, I KNOW it was related to the existance of God.

God Bless!
lady (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
that must have been such a beautiful experience. I'm really christian and I believe in all the miracles that can happen if we only ask for them the right way and with faith. U received a great gift that unfortunetly not everyone gets to receive. This means more than God just giving you a sign, it has a deeper meaning, and I dare to say that God has something special for your life. Yeah teen years are really difficult, I almost commited suicide but by the mercy and love of the Lord I'm still here. May the Lord bless you! :)
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
Liz, Bless U girl. I believe U a 100%. It must feel wonderful to witness a miracle of God. V humans get so wrapped up in our daily lives, V forget the simple joys of life. It was so simple -U just ASKED for a sign and U got it. I'm not that much of a church goer too but I do believe in a higher consciousness. I do believe that V have the power to make things happen, V just dont know HOW ! Loved your experience. Its by far the best !
Cheers !
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
That's incredible... I believe you, because not only have I had tons of bizarre experiences, but there exists so much evidence of the supernatural, people seem to shrug it off simply out of fear and confusion. You should read my stories too. I know how it feels, I have these experiences every day. So much so that it barely even bothers me anymore. I have had well over 500 dreams about the basement of my old house, the guest room, and my parents room because I feel like all three of these rooms were haunted. I live in a different house now, so I may never know the truth behind all the things that happen to me... I've also never told anyone until I found this site. ttyl.

- Core

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: