You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Feeling Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling Voices

 

I'm fifteen and live in Oklahoma, and have all my life. I recently stumbled upon this site while doing some research on my own. And it seems as though I can ask for advice when it comes to the paranormal, and you guys seem to know what you're talking about. So maybe you can help me.

Sometimes I hear things. Voices, when I'm alone. But they're not normal voices, like someone invisible is talking to me. It's more like I feel them, like they're in my head and they're clearer than anything I can actually physically hear. And they never say much, it's normally just a word or two. They like to say my name, a lot, or gibberish.

I can remember hearing these things from childhood. Once in particular I remembering being in my Grandmother's house. She lives in an old a turn-of-the-century sand-stone house that was very popular amongst the more well-off people that lived in the small Midwestern town I grew up in. It was once converted into a hospital. I don't know if it has anything to do with the general air of creepy-ness that surrounds it, but I think it might.

As a child I would stay long extended periods at that house, roaming the second story, alone. And I can remember walking down the small hallway and hearing something say my name, and not just hearing it, feeling it in my head. Needless to say, it frightened me very badly, and I ran down stairs in terror.

It happens more now, I'd forgotten about it until recently, upon the death of my Grandfather, whom I was very close too.

But now it's come back, it's a little different. Sometimes I feel something touching me. Like, the other night I was laying in bed, and I felt the side of my face start to tingle, from temple to jaw line. It's frightening, but I cannot say for sure that it's paranormal or not.

Is it the result of my over-active imagination? Or is it a Ghost? Or possibly an undiagnosed case of schizophrenia?

Other hauntings by Rowan_Red

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rowan_Red, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
It would be really hard to say given the small amount of info you gave. If your parents have good health insurance you might want to get the once over by a mental health physician who may order an mri. Everyone wants to jump on the band wagon and just start spewing ghostly reasons but I would weed out the earthly possibilities first. I'm not trying to dim your interest in the unknown, it makes for a great read, some moderatly enjoyable films, and a more interesting life, but keep your feet on the ground at the same time.
Dante_Dimnorix (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Good news Red, you are most definately not crazy. Nor do I believe this a ghost you're dealing with. Perhaps some mild psychic ability, and givin your age at the time it would explain the inability to control the communication. Now some time has passed since you posted this but I wonder, had it still been happening? Has it developed further? If I'm right, I'd be more than willing to offer my assistance.
cfmartis (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Don't panic!
This is one way ghost talk to you. I talk to ghost's all the time and I never hear them I feel there answers in my head.
luvrupurt (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
I think many children and teenagers experience this. If you are like me you love that you have this gift. I was very much afraid when things like this happened when I was younger, but now I love to talk to them. The things I talk to are very comforting so I have no reason to be afraid. I wouldn't try to explain this to adults they will think your crazy, unless they had that or they believe in you. I also am phycic no adult beleives me either but I use it for the paranormal too. It sounds like whatever it is that is trying to contact you wants to talk or is trying to act a guardian. Beware of the guardian. You never know if it is good or bad that's why you want to meditate like shada said. The way to talk to them is to be relaxed but cautious and understanding. Being afraid is one thing you should not do. It can anger spirits. I hope this helps.Don't give up on it.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Dear Rowan, while it is impossible for us to tell you what you're feeling, I would, however, not be concerned with schizophrenia. But you're right, you can get erudite help here with most things paranormal.
Rowan_Red (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
Tek,

I took the advice of the very kind people here, and I have tried communicating with them. I've asked to speak with them in my head and aloud, but I'm not getting anything, either. I don't know what I might be doing wrong, admittedly I have very little experience with the paranormal. But you all seem like you can talk to them somehow. Is there a trick to it?
Tek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
Hi Rowan Red,

I share this in common with you. It has become more and more frequent recently for me. Random whispering. I can be having a conversation with my b/f and suddenly hear another voice in the same room I am in. I have given it some thought and decided I will try recording to see if I can catch anything when I play it back. I also feel like I am being watched most of the time I am alone at home. I have already expressed myself and tried to communicate in case there is an entity/spirit, but so far no result. Have you also tried communicating?
lolita (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
thats happened to me a couple of times while I was at work, its just like you described, only I didn't hear my name it was laughter and the other time it was jiberish
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
Rowan Red - I also observed a similar phenomena as a child, I am now 37, I no longer "hear" voices in my head, but I remember then clearly, for me I would hear my name being spoken as I was trying to go to sleep, it was so common for me that I began to know that they announced when I was about to fall asleep.
The Voices were always voices of people I knew, and Alive.
I mostly put these down to an over active imagination, though now I wonder if I was wrong, my Career is one that deals in facts, not opinion, so when I review the facts of this and other events in my life, I have to draw the 'opinion' that even medical 'science' does not have the answers.
Mannpowers comment, though it comes across as that of a Close Minded Skeptic. Does have some merit, while schizophrenia can be ruled out as the cause of these voices as a child, it cannot be as an adult. But a psycholigist is not what is needed to rule that out, if you suspect schizophrenia see a Psychiatrist. There is a signifigant difference, and it is always better to be refered Down the medical food chain, than up.
Cielhxc (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
I have the same experiences as you Red. I too started it when I was a kid and I too thought when I first started to get them, that I was crazy... But I am not and neither are you. 😁 Evertime I experience this (which has been a lot lately) I start talking to the person that is doing it. Like Ok what is your name, what do you want... Can you let me sleep please! Just listen and acknowledge, sometimes they just need someone to do that. I have someone in my house who I think just wanted someone to acknowledge him. He bugs me when attention is needed and leaves me alone when I tell him I need sleep. (I call him a him because he told me his name.) I also hear from my dad, when I need to hear from him... He will talk to me... I even feel the breath on my ear... Just a hey. It is a cool gift, accept it and work with it. 😁 😁
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
You should also keep in mind that schizophrenia most often accures in poeple who are in there tweenties to early thirties. Very rarely does it happen when you are younger. You had mentioned that the voices started as a child. That should rule out schizophrenia, as it does not happen in early childhood. BUT if it would make you feel better to see a Professional Mental Health Doctor, then I think you should do it, anything to give your self some comfort. Bt if you are thinking you are crazy, then you probably are not. Tonith is right, crazy people do not think they are crazy, THEY think YOU are crazy for thinking they are crazy. --UUHH, that made my head spin!-- But he is right! You may just be sensative to them. It's like a Lighthouse that warned sailors and guided them in to the harbor. There light could be seen for miles. That is what a sensative is for spirits. A becan they can see for miles! They notice YOU because YOU can notice THEM back. That is a gift you should cherish and develope. ❤
MannPower (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
If you're looking for a rational response, this site is mostly full of people who will assume that the unexplained is paranormal, rather than anything properly scientific.

The statement that 'crazy people don't know they're crazy' is misleading, as mild schizophrenia doesn't meant that you're a lunatic, or irrational. I think it might be prudent for you to see a psychologist before you turn to ghosts for answers.

The supernatural should be the last step in explaining something only after all tested scientific avenues have been exhausted.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
It may be spirits wanting you to help them, or it's just your grandfather calling you, these are the only suggestions I have...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
Sounds like you are just sensitive. Don't know if that is a blessing or a curse. Guess it depends on how one views it. You are rational so don't give that another thought. Crazy people don't think they are crazy. Sane people are the ones that tend to question odd things which is normal. If you have eliminated all physical causes for these experiences then it lies in something other than the natural.
Rowan_Red (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
KimSouthO: No, I never do see anything when this happens. But I feel it, and it startles me. And this only ever happens when I'm alone, most the time laying in bed.

supernaturalguy3710: No, the house was built in 1901 (It has a plaque carved into the stone.) and It was turned into a hospital sometime between then and the 1970s when my grandparents bought it. (I don't know the specifics, I apologize.) So it could have very well seen the Tuberculosis epidemic of the turn of the century. And as far as my Grandfather goes, I guess it could have opened the connection. My Great aunt whom I was also close too died five months before of Breast cancer, So I suppose the grief of loosing both of them in a short period of time might have contributed, too. But His death was in October, and I'm moving on as best as I can. Shouldn't the connection have faded? Why am I still hearing things?

Shada & Axl_the_Hunter: I think you may be right. The past couple of days (after I wrote this) The hairs on the back of my neck have been standing on end, periodically throughout the day, unprovoked. Do you think the entity is getting frustrated because I'm not listening to it?
supernaturalguy3710 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
if the hospitalis from the times around the civil war, then of course there's going to be ghosts. Second: you mentioned that you were very close to your grandfather, so when he died I imagene that you were distraught, and that feeling opened up a connection to the other plain. The tinging might have been your grandfather trying comfort you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Do you or have you ever seen anything to go along with these voices? Do others hear the voices or has anyone ever heard the voices that you are talking about?

God Bless!
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
I agree with Axl, sounds like someone wants your attention. Meditation works well for talking to spirits. Set up a safe place in your mind before you contact them, a place that is yours. Good luck. 😁
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Interesting, it probably is ghost trying to get your attention. They may need your help with something, I know how you may feel, ghost talk, and grab on my clothing and body parts. Just try to listen to them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: