You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Wierd Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Wierd Black Shadow

 

This is a story told to me by one of my teachers. We will call him Mr.Shahin. This story took place in Bangladesh, his home country, when he was about 8 years old. He is now 26 years old. This is definitely a true story because while saying this it still gives him shivers!

Shahin was 8 years old at that time. He had some eye infection in his right eye. Shahin was always in bed and his mom used to put medicine in his eye every night. One night, Shahin didn't want to have the medicine put in as it was very painful. He turned on his television and pretended to go to sleep, his mother didn't like him watching television. He locked the door and kept the key with him. He kept all the lights on and pretended to go to sleep until his mother went to sleep.

He had his back to the door when he heard the creaking of the door. He thought his mother had come to give him medicine. He heard the footsteps coming nearer and when they reached the bed, Shahin said that he didn't want to have the medicine put in his eye. The "thing" sat down on his bed. He knew this because he felt the side of his bed going down. Then, all of a sudden, he realized that he had locked the door and the key was with him so how could anyone open the door?

He slowly lifted his covers and he saw that everything was dark. (He had put all the lights on before sleeping). When he looked up, he saw a very dark, black shadow looking down at him. The shape was not describable. He was so scared! Shahin tried to scream but no voice was coming from his mouth. After about 5 minutes, the shadow left and all the lights came on as well as the television.

He got up as fast as he could and ran to his mom, who was in the kitchen. He asked her whether the lights had gone out but she said no. He then told his mother the full story but, as most parents, his mother didn't believe him.

Can anyone tell me what that "black shadow" was? I was really confused while hearing this story. Does anyone have any explanations? Thanks for reading, all!

Other hauntings by Biemaster

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Biemaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Matrix (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
I am from Bangladesh now, my homeland. Thanks for sharing this story
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
To tell you the truth, two things may have been happening here at the same time.
As your teacher was having issues with his eyes, there is the chance that perhaps this was just a "glitch" in his site. But then again, the sounds, and feel of someone approaching, and then sitting, on his bed were VERY physical to him.
It is my understanding, and I am NOT all knowing, that shadow people simply do not have enough energy to fully manifest themselves. It is almost like when you turn on the radio and it is not quite on the station. You can make out some of what is going on there, but the static is too strong to really enjoy what it is that you are trying to listen to.
In a shadow being, the lack of energy creates the "static" which keeps it just out of range to be seen correctly. Of course, that is just my interpretation of the beings may be.
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
...woops, I meant to type "TO assume you do is unfair to the discipline of ghost study," instead of "so..." Thanks.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I agree fully with Faerielike that it is impossible to discern what these things are. They go by many names and none. Depending on your culture, you could "conveniently" call is Djinn or a shadow person or whatever, but the only TRUTH is that we have NO IDEA what these things are. So assume you do is unfair to the discipline of ghost study.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hi Biemaster. Many people including me believe that shadows are indeed deceased people who lack the energy to fully manifest.

As I gathered, that's what paid a visit to your teacher that night. Could it have been a family member that had passed away coming to check on him? It's difficult to tell since it's not your own experience and I can't ask for more detail. And yet, it didn't seem to mean harm.

Thanks
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
I think it is a jinn. There are many possibilities, among them perhaps Mr. Shahnin took a leak among some bushes or trees or accidentally step/kick/pick up something which makes the jinn thinks it is worth to pay him a visit. Well perhaps by seeing the innocence of Mr. Shahnin as a child, it decided to leave.
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
OH VERY SCARY! 😨 I HAVE NoT HEAR A STORY LIKE THIS and a dought that I will ask you tomm in school 😁 haha
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Thanks for your suggestions Faerielike. No the entity didn't speak to him, Henry16.
Biemaster
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
i have heard people say that they are spirits in a transaction still trying to get into our world, did he say if the entity spoke to him
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
There are many theories of what these shadow beings are. Some people think they are evil beings not of this world, some think they are deceased people. I have yet to hear a real explanation for what these beings might be. I have had an encounter with a few as well. You can check out some of the stories on this site, and maybe that can give you an idea of how they move and act similar through the world. You can also go to The Atlantic Paranormal Society's web page (TAPS) and they have different explanations of different beings. That might help. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: