You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Weird Happenings at Home

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Happenings at Home

 

This my first story that I am writing so please bare with me the way I write. This is taking place in Kuwait. I shifted into a newly built flat (or apartment, you can say) so it had no past history or anything. I shifted about two years ago there.

Well, everything was calm and cool until a few months ago. About five months ago, I was alone at home. It was around 8:00 p.m. and I was watching T.V. Everything was silent. After a while, I went to my room and sat on my computer. After a while, I heard a splashing sound, like water flowing somewhere. I looked everywhere and finally came to the bathroom (we have two bathrooms beside each other. One is for me and my mom and the other for my brother and dad) The tap was on and the water was flowing. I got confused because a little while ago, everything was silent. The tap was the one which you have to pull up to on it. I just ignored it thinking I must have not heard before.

Then after a few weeks, again I was home alone. There was no wind outside and it was a peaceful and calm day. After a while, I heard knocking on our balcony window (We live on the 6th floor) but when I went and saw, nothing at all! Now it has all stopped. Sometimes I do hear knocks and stuff but then all of a sudden, it stops.

Is my house really haunted or is it my imagination? Please comment! I need your help people!

Other hauntings by Biemaster

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Biemaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mojacko15 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
spirits I guess, but all I can say for now is try to ignore it, cause on my accounts, the more you feel afraid the more they get playfull...
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Definitely sounds like your place is haunted. I have had spirits play with my faucet. They get a little power and they do whatever to use it.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
Try not to live in new apartments. The new apartment must have attracted a spirit and find you as easy target...
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
😨 oh its really scary I am not being alone from now on in my house biemaster you mmade me scared! 😐 😨
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hey guys, thanks a lot for commenting. No the faucet has not turned on after that but many other things have been happening in my house, mostly in my mom and dad's room. I always felt that was the most haunted room in the house. At odd times of the night, you can hear a swing going to and fro in a rythmic way. After a long time it will stop. We all know that no one has a swing on the floor above us. By odd times I mean, 2:00 a.m. Or 10:00 a.m. (when everyone is at school and work). I experienced the 10:00 a.m. One when I was sick one day. But the wierd thing is that after months of that, it just suddenly stops. I am getting really confused!
Scott_Hillyer (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
This is definatly a haunting. Try videotaping the areas which this his happening at night, and few them in the morning. Let me know if you experience something weird.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Well this does sound like a haunting but I wouldn't get worried that much. It sounds like a spirit is weak and rarely shows its presece. But on the otherhand there maybe a passage in your place that let's spirits come through. Just a prediction. I'm not sure just guessing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Hi Biemaster and thanks for sharing your experience.

I would have to agree with both Whitebuffalo and Frawin. That is, the land or property on which a house is built plays a significant role when it comes to a "haunting". Sometimes you might have a really old house which is free from all activity and others, a new house that is "infested" because of the land it sits on.

As for the activities in your house, yes the tapping on the window could have been a bird, a branch or a number of things but the faucet is a bit harder to explain, although I don't trust any type of machinery- gadget completely. I've had the water running in my bathroom a few times and bear in mind that my faucet is an antique one. You need to pull the handle up and down to let the water run. When I had enough with this and called a plumber, he told me that it got loose somehow, so... Who knows?

Did you have any other occurances taking place apart from those two, though?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Another thing worth mentioning is that even though the flat is fairly new, that does not mean that it is excluded from the possibility of a haunting. The land has been there since the beginning of it's time, and more than probably SOMEone has walked there, slept there, camp-fired there at least one time before the development began.
Has the faucet pulled itself on since then?
Thank you.
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
😨 hooo it was kool biemaster I didn't hear such a nice & scary ghost story and I thinlk so some one knoked your door or I can't be like that or the sound may be the wind blowing but its really very scary and from now on I never want to be alone in my house 😨 😊
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
wow I did nt hear such a scary and frightend
story and mainly that tap part I feel very afriad and I am soo nice to hear biemasters story (very good biemaster hands off to u) 😊 😨
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Thanks a lot Frawin. You know, I never thought about the bird tapping. It never occured to me but now I think it could me true what you are saying. I am still worried about the faucet though. I want to write some more things but as you know, this site is not letting anyone write yet but I will, as soon as possible, give you guys more information. Thanks for the link too Frawin! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Hi Biemaster. The knocking on the window could have been a bird trying to get in and by the time you got there it was already gone. I know this sounds lame but sometimes it does happen. The faucet turning on would be much harder, if not impossible to explain.
You asked what a poltergeist is so I included this link that explains it pretty well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist

FRAWIN 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Thanks a lot for commenting toastymarshy! Yup I will keep you posted. I want to write two more stories but this site people are not letting anyone. Please can you tell me what are poltergeists? I really don't know.
toastymarshy (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Hmmm... I don't really think you could be imagining it because a tap wouldn't turn on, on it's own. So I do think that maybe you have a case of poltergeist activity in your flat. But I'm sure it's nothing to be afraid of, but keep us updated! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: