You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Was Mia Possessed?

Real Ghost Stories

Was Mia Possessed?

 

I have a story that happened to a girl a long time ago, about twenty or thirty years ago. My father told me this story and he really told me that this actually happened. This girl was not related to my dad or something, he just knows this story. We will call this girl Mia. I don't know her real name.

About thirty years ago, there was a girl named Mia. She was around twelve or thirteen years old. She was a normal girl, no problems with her and all that. There was a saying in that time that you should never walk under or go near a Chinca Tree (that is in Marathi, in English it's Tamarind tree) because they used to say that demons live on that tree. Well, nobody was allowed to go there but Mia being brave and not believing in that story, went near a Tamarind tree. And then, you guessed it, a demon possessed her. She went home silently and went to sleep, not talking to anyone.

The next day at school, everybody thought she was acting very differently and weirdly. She would come upon someone with an evil expression on her face and try to scare them and all that. After a few days of seeing all her actions, her mother and father told a Priest (a tantri in Hinduism or Hindi, a person who kills demons) about everything.

Then one night, the priest called her parents and told them to bring her in one ground. There, the priest drew a big circle and put her inside the circle. He then took a stick or rod and started to beat her very badly! But Mia didn't get hurt, the demon inside her got hurt! Then slowly, slowly, the demon got killed and went away. After that, Mia didn't remember anything that had happened to her when the demon was inside her. After that, she became a normal girl again and led her life. I don't know what happened to her.

My father told me that this story is really true! Even my mom knew about this story so it must have been true. Can demons really be "killed" or "sent away"?

Thanks and hope you liked my story. I'm looking forward to your comments.

Biemaster

Other hauntings by Biemaster

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Biemaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
They can be sent away or killed, but not by beating, I don't think. How could the priest beat the demon without beating the girl? Unless he was on the astral plane. I've heard of people using the beating method (physically), but I don't think I buy it. If the story is true, and I suspect its an urban legend. It could be the demon just went dormant after being annoyed long enough, or is just playing along for a while.
kid_darkness (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
Sounds more like an urban legend rather than an actual incident 😕
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Sounds very much like a folktale to scare little kids to stay away from a tree in somebody's yard to me.
Angeld (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
I'm sorry but she probably had a disease and was not possessed. Bad spirits are not chased away by threat of violence, maybe temporarily. But a stroke or some other physical health problem should be mistaken for possession which is rare.
Pri14 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
looks like some hindi movie story 😕...no offence but not really convinced that it's true.
nancy517 (7 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
I know it's suppose to be a serious story but for some reason I couldn't stop laughing when I read it...sorry.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Okay, whoever said you can't kill a demon is full of it. YES you can. They are living beings, just like us. But 'beating' a demon out of someone is crazy. During exorcisms, the victim feels pain as much as the demon, possessions and exorcisms can be very painful on a human body. There's no way that hitting her with a stick only hurt her and not the demon, and it's very doubtable that the demon was killed with a stick.
villageboy101 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
white buffalo: yes... It is believed in India that the tamarind tree is home to ghosts and other paranormals at nighttime. The fruits of the tree are used as sacred cleanser but the tree itself... One is supposed to be wary of at night.

My father told me of how my grandma was possessed? By one of those things under a tamarind when one night for some reason she and grandpa had to walk under one on their way to somewhere from their village. (probably by accident) They had it gotten rid of by tantriks. When she was possessed there was a distinct change in personality he said. It seemed she never used to go near her own children, used to scream and shout violently for mildest reasons and so on. Strangely, grandpa was not infected and the reasoning my dad gives is that males especially brahmin males are very strong willed by practice of the gayatri japa and so, those things wouldn't dare. Although, less can't be said about females either, so maybe she was taken during some illness or something.

Interesting story biemaster. Which part of India are you from?
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
No offence, but I think that story is Rubbish. But ty asking some of your dad's friend or family and see if they know something about the story. If both your mum and your dad know the story, then something must've happened.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hey guys and thanks again for commenting!

ChrisB: Thanks for commenting! I guess it was a legend but I am confused. I thought legends happened a very very long time ago but this story happened about 30 years ago, when my father was about 13. Anyway, thanks again for reading and commenting on my story!

Whitebuffalo: What are you talking about? Why should you be sorry? I asked this question randomly so anyone can answer it. Oh and thanks for telling me what it is! Whitebuffalo, I feel you are like a mother to me since I am only 13 and you are more older then me so you shouldn't say sorry to me. I will feel sad. I am already very happy that you, such an experienced person in paranormal things, commented on my story! I am obliged! Thank you very much and I hope you will comment on more of my stories that may or may not come! Thanks again!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that this might have been a legend story but legends are not made up. They come from somewhere. I guess your parents knew this story. And I'm glad that they shared it with you. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Hello again, Biemaster.
I am sorry, I know you did not ask ME this question, but I was curious what a Tambis Tree was as well. So I checked it out. I hope you do not mind that I answer that to the best of my knowledge.
Please feel free to jump right in, Feiaby. I may have some misinformation. OR, it may NOT be the tree that you were referring to.
The Tambis Tree is a tropical tree growing to 12 m tall, with evergreen leaves 10-25 cm long and 5-10 cm broad. The flowers are white. The fruit is a bell-shaped edible berry. Common names include wax apple, love apple, java apple, and Chomphu among others. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_apple)
Anikenlee:
A tantrik is a man who is usually associated with a diverse and rich spiritual tradition. Tantra is a religious, philosophical and magical movement in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Bon (just a few of them). The rod referred to in this story is a Spiritual tool which is blessed, and most often formed and carved by a spiritual leader (MOST feel that it is best to create ones own rod.)
AMAZING how closely some of the traditions resemble my own beliefs.

Please forgive me if I have misspoke, Biemaster.
Thank you, again, for space on your page.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Thanks for commenting on my story guys and hope you liked it!

Feiaby: Thanks for commenting on my story! I don't know how it looks like when a person is possessed but I'm sure its really scary after reading your encounter! Oh and can you please tell me what a Tambis Tree is please? I being a 13 year old doesn't know that! If you see this comment, please do reply!

Anikenlee: I don't want to create a fight or I don't want to be rude or anything but I will try to tell you in the nicest way. First of all, if you haven't read my first comment, which is before anyone has written anything, you will see that I have apologized for my mistake. It is written that the tantrik or priest "drives away ghosts and demons". I got to know that after I had posted my story and after that, I asked my dad and he told me my mistake so I immediately corrected it. And second of all, it wasn't a magic rod. In Hinduism, to drive away ghosts and demons, a number of poojas and havans are done. If you don't know what that means, I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain it but you can go on google or something and search for it. Thank you for reading my story!

Biemaster
anikenlee (5 stories) (14 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Rubbish!Demon can't be killed, they are already dead! They could only be destroy! And the rod, is it magical or what? If the rod is just a normal rod, nothing would happen!
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
I do believe in being possess by spirits or by an unknown being because I witnessed it, together with my fellow students. I was then in my 4th grade. The girl being possessed was a 4th year high school student. She was being possessed by a being from a "tambis tree" and that being was attracted to her. It was a very scary sight. The girl really changed.

Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Hi Whitebuffalo and thanks a lot for explaining what you meant. I really appreciate it.

I agree with you that Tamarind trees a really useful for many things such as medicines, ayurvedic, etc. Now I understood what you meant by roots. Oh and trust me, you are an expert! I have read many of your comments and stories and I always feel that you have always been an expert in Paranormal and explanations! 😊 Thanks again!

Biemaster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
By "roots", Biemaster, what I meant was that the tree in your story had demons clinging from the branches (I mean no offense, it is just easier for me to describe what I meant this way) ready to drop down on anyone who should happen to walk beneath it.
Modern day "folklore" seems to indicate the opposite. It would appear (to be honest, I know little about the tree's medicinal value, as well as the fruit thereof, but I DO know that...) the leaves have been traditionally used in herbal tea for reducing malaria fever, for gastric and/or digestion problems. The fruit is said to cure fever, makes a marvelous juice and also been used as a mild laxative. The seeds have been traditionally used to cure diabetes and intestinal ailments. Tamarind seed oil is used for making paints and varnishes. The wood burns well as a fuel and makes high-grade charcoal for cooking.
The ROOTS may have once been firmly grounded in an evil connotation, but in modern day, it has very many helpful and healthful purposes.
And just so that you know, I am NO expert, but Yes, you can chase demons away. This is where my expertise is lacking, I do NOT know if you can KILL one, as I was always under the impression that they were never (human like) alive. But then, you have been around here for a while, you know that my views CAN be corrected if they appear to be lacking in truth.
Thank you.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Sounds like something that happened to my cousin, which I will share it hopefully. I do believe that evil spirits can seek refuge in humans, and that they can also be cast away especially if it is unwelcome, by that I mean if someone doesn't invite it in. Thanks for the story, too bad you can't find out anything else about it. 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Hi everyone and thanks a lot for your comments!

JamesRobiscoe: No problem! If something related to paranormal things is in my culture or religion, I would be happy to share it with anyone and everyone!

Eclipse: You're right, I think that Tamarind tree does open a gate to the other side. Thanks!

Whitebuffalo: Thanks for commenting! What do you mean by "roots"?

Thanks again and hoped you liked my story!

Biemaster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Interesting how certain things can become a legend, such as that particular Tamarind tree surely has. In present day, the tree is associated with night spirits and is generally grown in the precincts of the temples dedicated to the Devi, who is believed to BATTLE the evil spirits during night. How interesting that this one should have seemingly opposite "roots".
Thank you.
Eclipse (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Was not aware of the Chinca tree, which upholds demons. I suppose the tree is an icon which opens a gate to another (let just say) location. But overall demons are known to be affected by objects that are blessed, doesn't necessarly need to be holy water, just an application that brings positive reinforcement.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
There are so many ways to encounter evil--and drive it out of us, aren't there! Thank you for adding this tale and also teaching me a little more about the Tamarind tree.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
I just wanted to tell you that, first of all, its not "tantri", its Tantrik. And he doesn't kill ghosts but drives them away. Sorry for the confusion! Hope you liked my story!

Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: