You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Who Gave Directions

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Who Gave Directions

 

I have a real encounter to tell you which happened with my mother and father. I think my brother and I were really small that time. I don't know if this is a ghost encounter or not so I need some answers!

My family and I were going to visit a holy place (temple) called Shirdi where there is a big idol or statue of Shirdi Sai Baba (anyone ever heard of it? Its very famous) Anyway, my mom and dad were sitting front and they had thought that they had lost the road. It was also getting a bit dark. My dad looked for someone to ask directions for and saw an old man a little bit ahead of the road.

My dad stopped the car and asked where they were. The old man said," Son, you have come the wrong way, just go south instead of north". My dad said thank you and went a little bit ahead but when he turned his head to see the old man, the man was gone and there was no place where the man could've gone. My dad never saw that man again. The thing is, everybody saw that man so it couldn't have been an imagination of my father.

I am really confused who that man could've been. He had absolutely no place to go to. Comments would be really appreciated. Thanks and I'm looking forward to your ideas and some answers.

Other hauntings by Biemaster

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Biemaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
hey,tanvi. This is the same incident happened with my uncle and his friends somewhere in pune. In mid-night they lost thier way and they saw an old man and this people asked him directions and he helped. My uncle was saying he might be the good spirit...:)
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
I feel the old man who showed direction was sai baba himself.
Hitman (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
The oldman was sai baba. Friends never abuse begars those come to your home
veigasharel (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
wow must be th baba himself came for ua parents aid... Nice story...
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Hey dude really this excilent experience happen to me also. When I was 5 years. My parents, 2 brothers and me went to badrinath, kedarnath, hrishikesh and haridwar. That time in night 11. 00 aprox we also lost somewhere on hill. Believe me dude same thing happen to us but one lady show us the way. We can't able to saw her face because there was no lights on that hill. We just start to move at that direction and again turn back and believe me she was completely lost. Nobody was there. These are not ghost buddies. These are all those Supernatural powers which we are always wanted to see and meet. GOD
chinmay_lp (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
It was not ghost... Baba himself gave you the right direction... Many people have such experience of Sai Baba...
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
It was Sai Baba himself who came to help you. A similar experience happened with me and my family when we were going to Shirdi.
Unscaryever012 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Hello everyone...
Hey Biemaster I would like to tell you that the man would be the tourist typa like you and your family has gone there... So when he was on the way he would have died because he was going in the wrong way or direction (like you were going wrong) so it might be the duty of that person given by LORD SAI BABA to him to give right directions to the visitor and save them... You should go there again to check him to meet again and have a good conversation as he said 'my son' he wouldn't harm you...
God bless and thanks
Sachin (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
I think it is the ghost who helps people, you see he said, "son", so he wanted to be friendly with people.
Amulya (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
hey...i this tanvi who studies in kuwait? In india international school...? Well...

I liked your story... But I believe it was not a ghost... Especially in shirdi... It can be the lord himself...
naveen9885 (25 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
It depends up on your belief on god and ghosts. I believe he is lord sai baba why because no ghost call a person with relation and no ghost will maintain relations with unknown persons the word my son is a sensitive word. If you don't believe god get scared by thinking of this incodent for a life time. So what I recommend you is decide that person as Sai baba sai baba has that power to communicate with the peope alive. I am jealous of you because you had seen lord SAI BABA.

Thanks for the post.

I wish lord saiaba blessings to you and your family.
ReloadGurl (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
Well, on a way ghoast are like people. They can be kind and willing to help, but also evil and just ruthless. Looks like one was watching the road and deciding to help, seeing you where some what lost.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Hi Biemaster,

Nice story I think that the old man must be Lord Saibaba who help his devotees when they are in trouble.

God appears to very few people & your Dad is the one. Your Family is blessed by God.

God bless you & your family.
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I like the story but I think most people on this site tend to lead toward supernatural as a source to most explanation. Thanks for sharing
ginakim210 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
...OH and PS, thanks for rating my story as one of your favorites! I really appreciate it!

^___^
ginakim210 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Hey Biemaster! Thanks for reading my story on Camp Experiences Gone Wrong and showing your support! Hahaha I love how everybody called me "stupid" on my decision to go with my friends to visit the abandoned cabin but wahtever, I was 12 years old at the time, immature, and curious. =]

But anyway, thanks a lot! And I enjoyed reading this story too! That is so scary! Seeing somebody, and then, them disappearing at the next second!

O_O
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Maybe it's a good angel. As long he's giving you the right path. I hope you're wasn't scared.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you after you were so kind to answer the questions...

I absolutely believe this to have been a good samaritan or an angel of some sort. Not all entities and things paranormal come from dark or evil.

How blessed your family is to have been witness to such a wonderous experience!

God Bless!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi and thanks for all your comments guys!

ChrisB: I agree with you too that I have read many stories like this one. I like your theory too that some ghosts like to help other people. Thanks and you take care too!

Shaishav34: Thanks a lot for commenting. I never thought of your idea! It is a very good one though. It could've actually been Sai Baba himself. Thanks for your theory and take care!

Biemaster
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi Tanvi
Thanks for sharing this story with us. Believe me or not but I think that the old man must had been Sai Baba himself.
Maybe, he would have had appeared in some form to help your family who had travelled to Shirdi with good faith (Bhakti) & Shraddha in their mind.

Hope to hear more from you
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi biemaster. Thank you for sharring thi story with us. I believe that thgere are spirits who do not want to cross over. I read a similar story about a guy who vanished the same way like this old man did and it to gave directions. I believe these spirits are attached to these loctations. Maybe he liked the area and decided to stay there. And he li9kes people sop he desided to help someone who was in need. Just a theory. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-08)
Biemaster

Your welcome,
Should you need any more answers please do not hesitate to ask me. I will be more than willing to help.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-08)
Hello everyone and thanks a lot for your comments!

Surya, Rhodes68 and KimSouthO: Thanks a lot for your comments!

As a matter of fact, yes, he did give the correct directions and we finally did reach Sai Baba Mandir. And even I think that it was a good spirit. When my father told me this story, he told me that he felt it was a person sent by God because my father was going totally the wrong way. I did understand what you meant to say Surya and thanks for explaining it for me!

Thanks again and I really appreciate it!

Biemaster
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
I am also curious about the questions posed by Suya. I believe it to be significant as to whether your family made it to their destination as well.

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
Biemaster thank you for another great story -one I'd call a positive experience. I wouldn't try to add any thoughts here since Surya has done a great job providing you with a possible explanation.

Looking forward to more.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
Hi
Thanks for the story. Two questions, did the old man give you the correct directions? Did you all get to Sai Baba Mandir?

It is a fact that when ever a family or member of family are going to attend a sacred place or a going to have a blessing in the home, they are either faced with the bad spirits or good.

Bad spirits will do anything and everything to stop you reaching your destination or if their is a religious blessing in the home, things will go terribly wrong.

Your father took a wrong turn, he sensed he was going the wrong way, out of nowhere a man appeared and gave you correct directions. This man was call him an angel was there to help and others to reach the Mandhir. You and your family were supposed to go to Sai Baba's Mandhir, or believe me you would not have reached the Mandhir.

It is like when you visit Maya Mata in the mountains, the path narrows and the journey feels impossible, but faith and if you are destined to get her blessing you will climb the mountain without fear.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say, it is not worded to well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: