You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Flowing Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Flowing Figure

 

This happened the summer of 2006, we were on a family vacation at oak island North Carolina. We were staying at a house owned by my aunt and uncle and this house was the creepiest house there ever was. One day, me and my sisters were playing in the drive way and the window of the room downstairs started to raise up really slowly and you could see a dark figure standing there. We were so scared when we went in the room to see who was there but, to our surprise, the room was empty and the window was closed. Thinking nothing of it, we kept playing.

About 45 minutes later, our mom called us in with an urgent tone. When we went in, she was scared to death. We asked her what had happened, she said that she had the feeling someone was in the house with her so she said "if this is you robena haunting this house, then give me a sign" and just as she had said, that a cool breeze had went over her, but she was in no reach of the fan. Later that night, when me and my sister got up from bed to go to the bathroom, I saw a big gold mirror over the couch but I didn't really think about it then. When we went back to bed, my sister turned over the other way and I was laying on my back. I kinda got scared so I asked "are you asleep" and since I got no response, I turned my head the other way. And what I saw made me almost cry. It was a tall white figure with flowing hair and black eyes. I hit my sister and made her get up and look and she saw it too. We both ran into the living room, screaming and woke our mom up, she was a very light sleeper but she didn't hear us screaming. And as I looked above the couch, there was no big gold mirror.

We packed up all our stuff and left that house at 1:00 in the morning. When we got home, we told people about the ghost we saw and they had had similar experiences. We also found out that our grandma who had lived in the room below had owned a gold mirror. It was the scariest thing that there ever was. But we go back there every summer.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Hi Tallah. I'd be interested in hearing what kind of experiences others have had there and if anything else has happened when you've been there. That was a good story, maybe you could give us an up-date?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
That is a fascinating story. Perhaps your grandma has not been able to leave the place and cross over?

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
hi thanks for sharing your story its was a good story. I have seen ghosts one in my bathroom and one at my boyfriend sold house. They can scare you but I'm used to them. I recognise them from my dreams like I do with places. Last week I heard a little girl's voice coming from my parents room and she made a big bang I think she dropped something. She is so cute how she talks. I enjoyed reading your story. The ghost which I saw in my bathroom ran into me a week later after I saw him standing in the bath. You should read my stories there on psychic experience website my name is Katie on there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: