You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Incident at the River

Real Ghost Stories

Incident at the River

 

This happened to me last summer. I was sitting at home alone because all of my friends were out of town. I was getting pretty bored so I decided to ride my bike out to a nearby park. When I got there, I saw that no sports teams were having practices and no one was out playing. Finding myself alone, again, I thought it would be neat to go to the river which runs along the street opposite the park.

People aren't supposed to go down there, but kids do it all the time so I climbed down the steep hill and sat on a rock. I closed my eyes and tried to relax a little, when I heard what sounded like someone who is drowning splashing around. Suddenly, I felt these really cold hands grab my ankles and drag me into the river. This river runs fast and I freaked. I swallowed a mouthful of water and everything went black. I forced my eyes open and found myself floating in the center of a circle of bodies. Their skin was all grayish-blue and decaying and I tried to scream, but couldn't.

I suddenly found myself sitting on the rock next to the river again, almost as if I'd dreamed the whole thing, and then I started coughing up water! I heard a disembodied voice come from out in the middle of the river telling me to leave. I wasn't about to argue with that and I ran up the hill, across the street, and rode my bike home as fast as I could.

Later I found out that the river used to be level with the road, and countless cars fell into the river. At least a dozen deaths were recorded there and I don't even want to think about the relevance my experience might have with the Native culture here.

Other hauntings by unguided_traveler

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Eclipse,
FYI. A lot of the stories you are commenting on are quite old. You may not get feedback from folks who posted their stories that far back. Many do not use the site still.

Welcome to YGS, though.
Lou
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Wow! That is a very interesting story! Do you have any other stories to tell... And did you tell any one what happened to you? 😲
Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
That's freaky, do you often get visions, of either past or future events? You story is truly terrifying, and I wish you the best,
Love,
Frankie. X
Francois (220 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello unguided traveler. Your story is fascinating, simply fascinating. Which river in Anchorage did you experience this event? Back in the old country, it is believed that those who die in a river or nearby a river, choose to inhabbit it or haunt it. Have you, by any chance, opened your Third Eye? Your vision seems that you have the ability to somehow interact with the deceased. If that is true of course, you have in possesion a glorious gift and a cruel curse. Its a bitter sweet thing I guess.

Your story is one of the scariest I have read up to date. I would love to investigate that river, maybe in the next 7 years. Alas, Alaska is a long way from South Eastern Canada. Thank you for posting and sharing your story.

Sincerely,

Francois
mimroro (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
that is soo weird! And a lot of people die ther freaky! I LOVE IT!❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
That is absolutely fascinating! Maybe it was a warning of some sort to stay clear of the river? One of the 'disembodied' looking out for you? That is the only explanation I can think of. How terrifying! I am glad you were not physically harmed!

God Bless! ❤
Gaurdian (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-30)
I would be interested to know if this is the first time you were in that area alone. It seems possible that the little figures you are seeing are children. They may have died in one of the car drownings. You may have origionaly made contact with them at the spot by the river and it would seem they have followed you. I think you need to decide if you want to help them with what it is they are trying to get you to understand or if you want them to leave you alone. If you need them to leave you. Wait for them again and tell them firmly, you cannot help them and you want them to leave and stop. Most entities will listen to you. Otherwise figure out who the four are. It is my opinion the one "protecting" you is the oldest.
Ashley Marie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
omg!! I would have been so scared. I probably would have pooped my pants! I got the chills when I read that story. Sounds like something you would see in a horror film. =( I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Dark-Heart (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
you can go back there in a safer way although theres a chance you will feel some sickness after its kinda like astral traveling but your still concious you close your eyes and relax then focus on the place you want to see and presto your there you can look around the place or somtimes you can even look at the history of wherever your going but as I said you somtimes feel some sickness after although I have only felt it when I have come across somthing unfriendly I have used this technique to help out one of my friends before he was having some trouble with his house and wanted to know what was in there...if you want to leave the place your seeing at anytime just open your eyes
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
+3
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
i did get a pic of the river from upstream and caught a face beneath the surface...but I wondered why they still lingered there too, Dark-Heart, and I would like to go back and find out but that doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do when they so obviously didn't want me there.
Dark-Heart (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
most likley thats the reason why no ones aloud down there lol seems you have quite a gift to be able to exsperience these things but it stumps me to why those people that died there still linger there really interesting story I would love to see that river
Meeki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Hello. I read your story and it sounds cool and creepy at the same time. I loved it. I saw your comment in my story. My brothers Matt and Jun found out and now they think I'm crazy... But they won't tell our parents because I might get into trouble. :(
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
yes, I did tell some people what happened to me...most didn't believe so I felt it unnecessary to try and make them believe me. my mom believed me, but I still think that sometimes she thinks i'm nuts! and, Jess, I did freak out, when I got home I couldn't stop shaking.
silentoption (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
same I agree with Martin that is scary

This site is getting scarier all the time
Alex (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
An interesting story, mustve been scary. Can you comment on my story? 'the piano room'
Jess (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-24)
OMG! I so would have freaked out & fainted. Did you tell anyone what happened 2 u?
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-24)
Sounds right from an episode of the show "Medium". I think you have good psychic abilities, can't wait for your other stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: