You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Worst Night

Real Ghost Stories

My Worst Night

 

During college, I spent some time living at my grandparents' house. While not being the cleanest place, it was free and I was helping my grandparents out. My grandparents' house is next door to the house I grew up in; where I had had many ghost experiences I would rather forget.

I had been living in their house for two or three months and was just getting settled, so I decided I would do some meditation before I went to bed just to calm down. While meditating, I kept getting the message that I should stop, but I didn't see why. I kept going- big mistake. If you ever get the feeling that you are going too far in meditating and you should stop, please do!

I ended my meditation and prepared to go to bed. I was feeling a little sick, but I figured I spent too much energy and that is what the "stop" message had meant.

No more than five minutes after I lay down, I saw her. The little girl I hadn't seen in two years of being away from the house I grew up in. "We found you", she said to me. I nearly jumped out of the covers. "We...?" This could not be good. This night was going to be the absolute worst night of my life as far as the paranormal goes.

I was looking at this little girl, not really making out much about her but her size and face, getting her message "We found you" pulsing through my blood.

A man and a little person I had also seen in my youth were next. All of them saying the same; not in words, but sending a feeling of creepy happiness, "We found you". I was petrified and I didn't know what to do. I thought about waking my grandparents, but my grandmother is schizophrenic and I wouldn't be able to explain it to my grandfather.

My room by this time felt full with spirits trying to contact me all feeling like they found me. I get the creeps thinking about the feeling I had, as if all my room was full of pressure but for my half of the bed. I didn't know what to do in the slightest, so I called my best friend and told him he had to come over at that moment. I knew he would understand because he had also had some experiences with ghosts when he was very young.

I worked up the courage to turn the light on and unlock the front door, but the feeling persisted. My friend was over very quickly and came to sit on the bed with me. He suggested I try again to go to sleep. When he turned out the light, they were still all there, but no longer "speaking" to me. He also felt the pressure of the room being full. We tried to ignore it and get to sleep. They didn't like that.

There was a tapping on the window, then on the bed post. My friend asked me to please stop tapping my fingernail on the bed. I wasn't. It just kept tapping. We didn't say a word about it after that.

Then we heard noises from outside. He described it as a small plane flying close by. I thought it sounded more like a subway train going by. That continued periodically as well for the duration of the night.

It was very late before we fell into an exhausted sleep. In the morning it was all gone. I moved out of my grandparents shortly after and I have not spent the night in that house since. It was the worst, most intense night I have had in all of my experiences.

.

Other hauntings by KittyK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KittyK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KittyK (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Thanks for all the comments; what I meant by going to far in meditating is, like fizzypulp said, opening your mind too far. Letting your guard down and in my case, letting thoughts in that aren't your own. I used to do this a lot when I was in middle school and didn't know what I was doing. My mind was telling me to stop, and I should have listened.

I have tried to talk to some spirits, only one successfully, but I was very frightened at the time. There was a lot of energy in the room and not all, or even most, of it was good. I'm still not sure what they meant by finding me, probably because I didn't ask. I think they were just excited that someone was open enough to notice they were there, but got too excited and just seemed frenzied to me.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I hope there is more storys about your experiences kittyk. I'll be looking for more.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Thanks Fizzypulp. I sort of was thinking that but was really understanding it. You seem to know a lot about meditating. 😁
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
With regards to going too far in mediatation this is something that can occur and I wil try to give a brief explanation.

When going too far your mind and body is compeltely open and blank - to the point where it can be used/abused etc...
Ancient times portays the seers/prophets as getting visions/premonitions whilst mediaiting.

Obviously it isn't something that occurs very often but someone who is vulnerable anyway, by leaving their mind and body totally off guard is leaving it open for spirits to gain energy and a channel.

Hope this helps somewhat in explaining
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Like the story, It's detailed. If the ghosts come back you should ask them what they want, maybe you could help some of their souls to cross over.

Asking like the others, What do you mean by going too far in meditating?

Hope you give us some more Storys.


❤ 😁
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Hey Kittie. I've never heard of some one going to far with meditation. You might want to try shielding yourself before you start. Many things can be used for this, satchels, charms, religious charms, even some incense. As far as your night time visitors, before you talk to them, use some protection (or shielding). Since they have been looking for you, you might be a person who can help others cross over. I don't know if I would try to contact them in your room, in fact shielding that might not be a bad idea. Try a space that feels more neutral. Good luck, keep us updated.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Hi KittyK and welcome to this site. I realy liked your story and hope tyo read otherones soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Hi, what an interesting story! I'm wondering why they all came at once with the same message? I mean, yes they found you but all they did was make some noises? That may have been the worst night of your life but think about it, they never did bring you any harm did they? It makes me wonder if they will be looking for you again, and if they do why don't you just ask them what they want from you?

thanks for the story! 😉
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Thanks for the story. I am in agreement with dukemanistan. If they said "we've found you" that would mean that they have been looking for you. From what I got out of your story, this isn't the first time that you have seen them. You have seen them throughout your youth, haven't you? The only difference is, ALL of them were there this time together instead of coming at different times. I could be wrong, this is just what I gathered from your story. Have you tried asking them what they want from you? Good luck!
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Maybe they wanted your help somehow, or just for someone to acknowledge them. If they 'said' "we've found you" I would have wondered, "does that mean they have been looking for you?"
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Hi KittieK and thanks for sharing your experience.

If I may ask, what do you mean by "going too far in meditating"?

What are the risks and where do you draw the line?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: