You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Housekeeper's Worst Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Housekeeper's Worst Nightmare

 

Over the winter, my neighbor asked me if I could be their housekeeper for the weekend. My jobs would include feeding the family dog and making sure the house was clean.

One afternoon, my best friend and I went over to the house to feed their dog, Ellie, and clean the upstairs. When we walked upstairs to the children's playroom, my friend and I both got the disturbing feeling that someone was watching us. We just brushed it off like nothing had happened and kept cleaning the room. But, when we heard unexplained banging on the wall when no one else was home, we knew that something wasn't right in that room. We walked into the little girl's room, and we felt that something was following us. We walked downstairs to feed the dog, and after we were down the stairs, we heard footsteps sounding like they were coming down the steps after us.

I fed the dog, and we were going back upstairs, to clean some more. I was putting the stroller away in the closet in the playroom when we both heard a faint voice whisper "ouch". The funny thing is, the whisper was heard just seconds after I banged the stroller into the wall. We got so scared and we bounded down the steps. As I was locking the front door, my friend looked up at the top of the stairs. She screamed so loud, and said, "Oh my god! I just saw a woman holding a baby on the stairs!" But before I could get a good look, the figure vanished.

The next time we went into that house, out of curiosity, we went back into the playroom to see what had happened when we were gone. When we walked in, the rocking chair was rocking on its own, the stroller was out of place, and the lights were turned on when we were sure we had turned them off before we left yesterday.

We never came back into that house again. Ever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TallyAndJinxie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
So your friend saw a ghost of a woman holding a baby! Thats freaking scary! Thank god you didn't see it otherwise you'll be running out scare from that house.
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
that is really freaky it reminds me of a film I watched about a haunted hotel room and the man heard a baby crying a it was coming from the wall and the wall started bleeding but no other hotel rooms was next to his 😨
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Reminds me of a house that my sister rented. Shed pick up, or make her daughter pick up, her daughter's large fully 3d dollhouse and corresponding toys daily. She figured the cats would get them off the dresser. But how is a cat going to lift a dollhouse at least as big as it, open it, and pull out the furniture?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
TallyAndJinxie: Welcome to YGS, I hope you come back to answer some of the questions they have been brought up in the comments. Firsty what has your neighbour got to say about these experiences you and friend had, had they ever experienced anything at all?

I get the feeling something may have been in the stroller when you put it away or something was in the cupboard, was it open and usable or was it folded up?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
Hayes26 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Banging a stroller into the wall and hearing the reply "ouch" sounds like maybe when you were placing the stroller into the closet the wheel may had hit one of the spirits sitting in the closet while the handles may had hit the wall. But spirits cannot feel though, well their not supposed to be able to feel. They are supposed to be sin free if they are good ones and their be no more pain or sorrow. They also can walk through objects. So what did the people look like, humans or figures? I ask because good spirits are white shadows or they are angels with a light around them or behind them. Too see a spirit in clothing or human form appearance makes me think that a spirit is evil figures known as a ghost. This is because with no more pain or suffering left in their lives; their bodies are vanishing off into their caskets, they no longer have the ability to live inside the body known as the temple that shields the soul. So maybe these spirits were a prior family that had died in the house, some of your neighbors family that is deceased, or just a couple ghosts who are following you. It is true according to my friend that a spirit can follow you around and move every place you move too. My friend Carla used to claim that one certain ghost always followed her when she moved to a new place.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
nastra: After reading your last comments, it's apparent that you don't believe in the paranormal... I don't know why you're here, but if you're only going to be a troll then kindly leave this site 😐
nastra (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
lol
It seems this is just a peice of your
imagination and you are just fooling us
:D
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
What a freaky house! Makes me wonder what could have happened there in the past...
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Wow! I agree with snowhite that the Spirits were/are 2 separate Spirits: A mother and her baby. It strikes me that you said you had banged the stroller on the wall, and then heard "ouch", when the 2 Spirits you saw were [supposedly] a Mother and her baby (or a baby, not necessarily hers). May I ask how old the Woman looked to be when your friend saw her?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
snowhite (203 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Did you say anything to your neighbor after she came back? I am sure there were 2 ghosts in the house, one is a mother and the other one is her baby. Interesting! If I were you, I would never clean that house again. I'd like to to comment on what your neighbor thinks about it.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Just reading this made me scared! I wonder how your neighbors deal with this! Hahaha:)
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
The 'ouch' came from the wall? How creepy! 😨 Are you absolutely sure there was no-one in the house?
Eazy-E (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Oh my lord that's really scary. D: what did you tell your neighbors?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: