You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunted Life?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Life?

 

My name is Saddie and I'm 17 years old. My family has moved around a lot but wherever we move it seems as if there is always some sort of presence that moves with us. It never has felt like an intimidating or aggressive presence, though.

We have most currently moved to Ohio and the house we currently live in is only about 20-something years old. The first night I slept in my new room I didn't have a fan or anything on to make any noise during the night (which bothers me because I hate trying to sleep in complete silence...it's just too eerie) and I could hear this deep breathing noise like a man so I turned on my TV to tune it out.

The next morning I woke up because I heard whispering near my door. My bed is about 10 or so feet from my door but I was pretty much terrified, like I was literally frozen in fear listening to this voice that seemed like it was chanting something. It just kept saying the same thing over and over again.

I finally worked up the courage to move my hand from under my covers to my radio and it blocked out the noise. So I started feeling tired again and I shut off my radio to go back to sleep... But as soon as I shut my eyes, I felt like somebody had put their mouth up to my ear and whispered my name which completely freaked me out and I walked as quickly as I could out of my room and I felt like something was watching me the entire time.

The next few nights I could still hear the masculine breathing (it's not like it was up close or anything, but it's as if it was on the other side of my bed (and I have a king sized bed if that gives you an idea...) but I would just tune it out with my radio or my television and it would be gone away.

It's been about 5 years since that happened but something really strange happened to me a few months back

I got home from school exhausted, so I went to take a nap on a couch in the living room. My mom was in the next room over so I wasn't alone or anything in the house. Anyway, I opened my eyes and I could NOT move at all. I tried moving my foot but I couldn't even do that for some reason and it was as if something had tapped into my mind and started overloading it with a bunch of information.

It sounds really weird, I know, but that's just how it felt and there's no other way to describe it. There was a name I picked up and it was "Robert" or I felt like another name, for whomever or whatever it was, "Bobby".

I don't know any "Robert" and after I got that information, it felt as if I had been released from my temporary paralysis. I don't know what that means or why that happened... I know I wasn't dreaming because I walked out the room and went to talk to my mom (I didn't tell her about it because I didn't want her to freak out or).

There are two bedrooms upstairs and my sister lives across the hall from me. One night it was really late when she got home from work. She was talking to my mother downstairs while I was still asleep upstairs. In the middle of the conversation, she saw my door open wide into my room. I always sleep with it shut... And there wasn't a draft to open it or anything.

For the past few nights, I have been sleeping with it open... And two nights ago I heard it shut quietly when I was the only person home... As if somebody had held onto my door handle and tried to quietly shut it. I've heard my door handle jiggle some nights when I'm watching TV or I'm talking on the phone.

In this house I've heard whistling, I've heard my name being whispered, I've seen doors close, I've felt like something is inches from my face just staring at me, and I don't know what to make of it. I've heard different voices ranging from a woman to a deep-voiced masculine man. Like I said, it's never felt like it means to harm me... But it wants my attention and at the same time it's terrifying to hear what you can't see and knowing "it" can see you and "it" knows you can't see them.

I've always had something making itself known to me but recently it's gotten worse and worse. Even as I write this I feel like there's something watching every move I make.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen to them at all? I'm really confused about what's going on and what to think about it. Any feedback would be very helpful and I'd deeply appreciate it!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TidusWave, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

trubeliv54 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
I too have lived in many houses where there is some kind of precence, be it aggressive or not. It always knew my name, And would sometimes try to scare me and my family. I have learned not to show fear, which is sometimes hard to do. If I do it will bother me for days and nights on end. I have just accepted the fact, that I will always be bothered by this for the rest of my life. Sometimes I think we are just the chosen ones. For 54 years this has been my life. I can now tell people my story. So chin up TidusWave, be brave and take care.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Your not alone TidusWave. I don't really know what it is but something fallows me wherever I go. It fallows me to my dads, for some reason its very active there. It makes loud noises, open and closes my door, It will watch me all night. One night I scared me so bad I went and slept outside. 😢
SiLeNt (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Bob is actually short for Robert, so I think you might have a male and female presance in your house, could be the formers owners, a married couple perhaps... And maybe because you say you do not feel threatend but always watched that maybe they are keeping an eye on you, like your their adopted child or something... But hey I don't know... Thats just the impression I got... I hope I gave you something to think about.

Good story

Sly
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Wow this is a little freaky. I liked reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TidusWave (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Thank you guys so much for the response, I appreciate your advice.

White, I didn't physically feel anything, but the sound was SO incredibly close to my ear that's just what I compared it to... And I will definitely search around Limewire to see what I can find.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
I know of a few people that share the same story as you, TidusWave. Try not to fear what is going on around you. Fear creates an energy that entities can feed off of and use in their advantage. ~Or so, that's a theory that has not been proven a fact. I do a lot of research on ghosts. I even hunt them. So, maybe we can e-mail. I would love to try and help you! Click on my user name to find my e-mail address! Take care!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
"I felt like somebody had put their mouth up to my ear and whispered my name", Physically FELT this touch you, TidusWave?
Your seventh paragraph sounds like a sleep paralysis episode. If I were you I would check out the Net on them. There are many different things that people go through during one of the episodes, and an "upload" of knowledge seems to be one of them.
"that seemed like it was chanting something", if this were ME, I would be checking out Limewire or some such site to see if I could find something that sounded similar. Mostly as there are REASONS to chant. People do not perform mantra's as a form of communication generally. USUALLY there is a need for one. As you think it sounded a bit like Japanese, start there. You may be surprised what you discover.
I do not think you have multiple entities in your presence. I think you summed it up rather well when you wrote "it wants my attention", and in order to get attention, it can morph into what you will listen to.
I would be interested in any feedback also.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Like you said, it seems like some presences want to be acknowledged. Robert is probably one of them who is trying to communicate something to you.

Some of the activities initially sound more like poltergeist but I don't know if that is the case. I would place more emphasis on the name I heard if I were you-he seems to be a more powerful energy. He is the first and only one who made himself known.

It's just my opinion but, I wouldn't attempt any communication just yet. Keep adjusting your radio volume and do anything that blocks the surrounding sounds and see if he will attempt anything further.

My reason for saying that is because I'm not convinced that what you're experiencing is different lost souls who want assistance.

It's just my own feeling. Just be cautious.
ehunt5 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
well there are a couple ways of handling this... Next time you feel like your being watched or know sumone else is there ask if you can help them. If hey gave you a name it has some sort of reason it told you this. Do you have any family named robert who died before you were born? Ask around try and get info. If this spirit is talking to you and you don't feel like its going to harm you, see if you can help it out, otherwise you will be stuck wiht it. Good luck... Let me know what happens!
TidusWave (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
If you're referring to the chanting thing, I have no idea what was being said, it was a breathy repeating of something that wasn't clear at all to me. It sounded sort of Japanese if anything.

Is that what you meant?
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
If you really want to communicate see if you can get in contact with a medium.
BooYouu (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Could You Tell Me What He Said Sorry if you want to but... Hey I hope you don't mind xD lol 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: