You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Bear - 1991 To 2008

Real Ghost Stories

Bear - 1991 To 2008

 

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My mother has a dear friend whose daughter got married. The daughter's name was Marie. Marie got married to an FBI agent and part of his job entailed for them to move a lot and live in corporate housing. Basically this meant NO PETS. So my mom kind of inherited Marie's two cats...

The two cats a Siamese, Katie, and Russian Blue, Bear, instant became members of our family and integrated into our existing pets' lives very well.

Over the years, Bear was starting to lose his eyesight, but his ears were so keen you would never know it.

On Sunday, my mother was washing her face and when she came out she was going to let the other pets outside. However, she noticed Bear perched under the grand piano as he normally presides and she called him to come to her so she could let Bear and the other pets outside. The other cat kept meowing and acting as if she wanted to go outside.

When my mom opened the front double doors of the house she found Bear's lifeless body laying down near the door on the OUTSIDE of the house. He had died recently since he was still warm, but no heartbeat. It was strange that he had died outside of the house even though she had seen him inside clear as day under the piano stool moments earlier. It was almost as if he was saying goodbye to her via his spirit even after his death on the outside of the front door.

This past Sunday, June 22, 2008 Bear passed away. He was 17 years old and lived a very long and pampered life. He brought nothing but happiness, joy, and love to our family and we will miss him tremendously.

I am thankful and grateful that Bear died on my mom's property and not anywhere else where we would have been left wondering if he was hit by a car or not knowing why he went missing. Even in death he came back to us to say his final goodbye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NeilDG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
This is such a heart felt story, Sorry to hear about Bear, I think it was Bear just saying his goodbye, and that he was telling ya'll in his own way that he was happy and not suffering and that he loved you and your family, and that he would always be with you in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for this lovely story. 😊 ❤

~Vicki
JennySmedley (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hi Neil
I'd love to include your lovely story about Bear in my upcoming book, which is a collection of paranormal encounters with happy endings.
Please email me if you get this message.
author [at] globalnet.co.uk

Jenny
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
That is a wonderful story. The same thing happened to me when my cat Lewis died, I know it sounds funny but I used to call him BuggaBoo. I believe he came to say goodbye to me one night, I was very heart broken and that night I was asleep and woke up with a happy warm feeling and a sense of not being alone.

Your memory of Bear and his memory of you will live on forever, Like lewis and mine will. I hope you write more storys. ❤ 😊 ❤
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
My step son is 17 he was born in 1991, and he has been called "Bear" all his life. When I seen the title of your story it gave me goose bumps. Just thought I'd share that with you. Thanks for the story.
MGM4801 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
im sure he will be greatly missed.

but it sounds like he had a nice long life.

thank you for sharing ❤ maddie ❤
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Nice story Neil, but it is sad to have a pet who is already a member of a family to pass away, as if it is one of your brother or sister...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
That was a sweet story Neil. Thanks for sharing 😊.

I have pets of my own and a tender spot for animals in general. I'm always happy to know that there are some people in this world that share my fascination and provide those those who cannot provide for themselves.

I'm sure Bear was saying goodbye that day.

I'm sure his memory will always be cherished. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: