You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Crying Teddy Bear

Real Ghost Stories

Crying Teddy Bear

 

Since I was about 14 until 16 (I'm 24 now), I slept with this teddy bear almost every night because I could always feel the presence of ghosts in my room so it made me feel a little less alone and a little less afraid. It might sound childish but loads of things happened that scared me, such as seeing a shadow rise from the floor, being strangled by a ghost, hearing pig sounds, etc. On a nightly basis it would just be footsteps or a presence though (by the way has anyone heard a very faint electrical sound, or a sound like someone walking on carpet even if there's no carpet there, when you feel a presence?)

I think that because of this stress, I became so attached to my teddy bear so I poured my energy into it; I felt like I just wanted to hide inside the bear. My best friend at the time who could also communicate with spirits (but was really creepy) picked up my teddy bear one day and I knew he could feel something from it. That night like always I fell asleep holding it. But I woke up in the middle of the night to feel something wet against my face. My teddy bear was wet! I figured I'd been crying in my sleep, but I touched my eyes and they were totally dry. I touched around different parts of the bear to see where it was coming from, and only under the eyes were wet! Needless to say that was the last night I slept with a teddy bear!

On another note I was in an antique shop a few weeks ago and although most of the merchandise is really expensive, I saw a traditional Japanese doll (its kneeling down wearing a hat and kimono) for $15. It's 50 years old and is traditionally given to celebrate the birth of a baby girl. The doll could easily be called scary-looking but it has a good "aura" if you will. I have really come to believe that dolls are vessels for our emotions and thoughts, which sometimes come to life.

I wondered though, if we can influence dolls like this what about people? I wonder if people can be possessed by the emotions of the living and dead?

Other hauntings by Soma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
maybe (I'm not saying you did) but maybe you drooled on the teddybear, the parts where the eyes were? I'm just saying.
But good story though. I do believe it.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I wonder if we can give energy to items like this, too. I have a stuffed toy from childhood that I was absolutely obsessed with as a child. I went everywhere with it until it literally fell apart, in tatters, and had to be put inside a pillowcase. Now that I'm an adult, all I have to do it touch the tatters to feel what seems to me like TONS of good calming energy. I just can't tell if it's me feeling comforted by something familiar and loved, or if it really DOES have a ton of energy attached to it.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I also think thatyou are jumping to paranormal conclusions. Really weird things have happened to me, but most came down to a paranormal conclusion after analyzing. Your experience can easily be explained logically. I'm only saying this so you can stop thinking about it as being a mistery and so that you can allow your mind to rest. ❤ Jasmin
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I think your teddy bear is going to be ok. There are times where I've woken up, and wondered why my pillow, and stuffed animals were damp, but when I started sleeping with my husband, he said that I some times cry in my sleep. So even though your face was dry, clothing and fabrics will still stay wet.

As for dolls, and vantriliquist dolls, I'm scared of them. Espeacially my husbands cadavure clown doll. When him and I moved into our apartment in late January, it started changing. Its hair went from a normal orange, to yellow at the tips, and his teeth went from yellow, to a dark grey-ish yellow. I hated being home with it when he was at work, espeacially late at night. Also, he said one night, when him and I were talking, that he was afraid that if he tried to get rid of it, some thing bad would happen to me and the baby. He said that that's the feeling he got around it, when he thought about giving it away. I do like ragdolls though, but other than that...creepy.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
ther are phenominal stuff with stuff like books toys and electrical stuff so I'm not surprised that your bear was crying but that mustve bean really freaky
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Thank you for sharing your story.

I do believe we can leave some sort of image 'print' if you weill on items with energy given off, eother good or bad.

I have had that static like sound occur for me now and then. It is like static electricity.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I have heard strange things about things like this like dolls and teddies talking and that and being haunted people start selling them on ebay. That is creepy 😐
torig1230 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
Yeah! I've always had this weird thing about dolls. They scare me so much, even in daylight! They just freak me out. I totally agree with you and I guess you just got so attached to it it became a part of you. I will watch my dolls to see if anything happens...
-Tori! 😁
BlueLady
 
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Whoa.Thats REALLY weird. 😨
Maybe someone did it like your dad, mom or sister or brother of any kind. Next time put it under your bed with no one knowing.
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
hi read my story the four shadows and comment if you like 😊 any way buy a new teddy and see what happens if its wet its true it was crying if its not. It was you crying bye 😳
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
i don't blame you for not sleeping with that teddy again that is soooooooooooooooooooooooo scary ill write soon bye ❤
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
The teddy bear thing is creepy! Last night I felt someone sit on the edge of my bed and felt like I was being watched all night... I was too scared to move. But I think the spirit is nice.
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Yeah that's true Melissa and Martin, but my eyelashes were also completely dry. Hmm I don't know! Its still a mystery to me:)
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
melissagrove2000, I thought the same thing, I have no problem with the rest of the story but I think this part could be explained normally, which we should always do before jumping to paranormal conclusions. Then again, it might also be some ectoplasm of some sort.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
you stated that you thought you were crying in your sleep but that your eyes were dry when you woke up. Is it not possible that you were crying and then your tears had dried up, but the teddy bear was still moist from your tears?
RedStrawberry (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
That's kind of creepy... That your teddy bear was crying! Or something of that sort, I hope though that you got to find out how that happened!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
interesting story.

i have never really though about dolls taking on charecteristic of living and dead. That is terrifying. Kind of like 'Chucky"? Weird.

i wouldn't give up my cherished teddy bear though. It sounds like he was there many evenings to comfort you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: