You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Weird Senses

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Senses

 

Five years ago my family moved into the house where we currently live. Less than a month later moods changed. My brother and I began to rebel towards my parents. I will admit that our relationship wasn't the best but it's gotten ridiculous. I began feeling depressed and screaming for no reason.

This was all disregarded seeing as I was 13 and brother 17, along with the stress of moving. Then one day I was home alone. My parents and brother went to the store, and I stayed behind. I was listening to music and drawing with my window open, there was no window net. Next thing I know I'm sitting on the window ledge ready to jump. I was staring at the woods down the street from the house that I visited before and got a terrible feeling from. I immediately shut my window and curled into a ball trying to calm down. I didn't tell parents.

Another day I was again home alone, a few months later, reading. I looked up from my reading because I suddenly felt a strange presence. I heard someone turning a page in a book. I just closed my window and there was no breeze. I got up and wandered the house but no one was there.

There have been nights when I heard walking. I disregarded the footsteps thinking it my have been the neighbors.

The overall feeling of this house is that I'm being watched all the time. My brother and parents don't seem to feel anything. I spend the most time alone in the house, especially now that I finished High School. I often have to tell myself that I'm imagining everything just so I can fall asleep. I've stopped sleeping at night because I always feel like something is sitting at the foot of my bed and is going to grab me.

Just last year I came home from my ex-girlfriend's house and ran downstairs to grab something for her. My brother was heading upstairs. The moment we passed each other on the stairs I felt a hand shove me down. I fell down 7 stairs and injured my left arm and my head. I told them I was fine and when my parents got home I went to the hospital. By then I, thanks to the Ouija board, found out about 3 spirits dwelling in my house. 2 of then were angry but not necessarily violent.

1 of them I've known since I was 8. He was with me since I was born and normally protected me. He recently crossed over. Whether with him or without him one thing was for sure, my mood has warped since we moved into this house. I don't know if it's the area or the house but I've become totally depressed and always practically beg my friends to let me spend the night just so I can get out of this house.

I've heard whispers, seen flashes of light dart across my room at night, began choking for no reason, and other events which seem surreal. I often get terrified to walk around my house alone now. The weird thing is that all this seems to only happen to me. I know I'm not hallucinating seeing as I sometimes wake up with scratches on my face even though I bite my nails and can't scratch myself.

This house is only about 21 years old and the previous owners didn't die or anything. But I do remember, right after we bought the house, I overheard my neighbor telling my mom how the previous owners used to often fight and argue loudly, just like my family now. We didn't used to be like this. I don't know if it's psychological or supernatural. I want to hear your views or advice. Please, this house is really straining my nerves.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SonGokuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elawton1980 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
One thing I do at least yearly in my home is a ceremony that does seem to be helpful in keeping a household more positive.

I go around each room "drawing" an invisible square of protection against the walls, cleaming that I am doing just that- drawing protection around each room of my house. Then I go in each corner and clap my hands from the top down to the floor, singing "Amen" or "Om" (any positive phrase with meaning for me) as I do so. This clears out stagnant energy. I know it sounds weird, but it does work.

Once I'm done, I stand in the middle of the room and profess that it is protected, a place of love and healing, etc.

Once I've gone around my entire home, I stand in the middle of my home and repeat what I want my home to be. Maybe it's just psychological reinforcement, but it definitely works.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I agree that you should move on, places create habitual behaviors that are hard to break. Either that or do what I did and study real hard and go to a four year college that has dorms, the world is yours grab it!
SonGokuu (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Thank you all for your advice. I think I'll try blessing the house just in case. I intend to move out but not for another year since I'll be going to collage and the campus doesn't have loggings. I've so used to these problems that I thought my story would get no recognition 😁.
Thank you all so much. I'll try to take your advice as soon as I can.

~SG❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
wow this is a very scary story. I liked reading it. Sure sounds like poltergeist activity. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Hello SonGokuu. If it were me, this is what I would do. First I would move out into a place of my own, and if things improved then it was the house that was affecting you. If on the other hand there is no improvement after removing yourself from the enviroment, then it may be psychological. Either way you would know for sure what's wrong.

FRAWIN 😊
colten (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
thanks for sharing man I have the same feelings in my house and have seen the same things but it only sparks my interests more but if you want them gone get a paranormal investigator or a blessing maybe even an exorcism any of them will most likely work did you ever think you may be a medium and they wanted your help to pass on thanks for sharing 😉
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Thanks for sharing. You may have normal paranormal activity in your house. I have seen however people/families with genuine physical and psychological issues try to blame their communication/cohabitation problems on a spirit. I would try to work together with your family to become more agreeable to one another. This at least is a proactive approach. More proactive in my opinion than any occult behavior you could possibly engage in.
toastymarshy (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Oh wow, that's quite a story! First I want to say I believe you if even if your family dont, 'cause I know how it feels. Lol, well good luck and I hope things get better! 😊

Toastymarshy xx
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
I am inclined to think you are having a couple of different issues. One, I think you may have poltergeist sctivity. Two, wether it is a poltergeist or another energy all together, you have something very negative affecting your family.

Place a cross in each of the rooms (at least one) and especially in the bed rooms. Pray, Pray Pray. Tell 'it' out loud to l;eave your home and family, that it and its negative energy is not welcome in your home or near your family.

If these suggestions do not fit with your rfeligious beliefs, seek spiritual counsel before any more of the negativity affects your family.

Keep us posted!

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi SonGokuu and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Just as I was about to say it rings poltergeist, you mentioned the neighbors' comment. That can only mean that there is a very negative energy in your house but I can't stop feeling that it's feeding off of you- of your fear, isolation even depression at times.

If I were you, I'd try the smudging ceremony (there are direction of how to go about it on our site) and try to remain calm at all times. If it's something that manifests especially when you are alone at home, you may want to be around friends for a while. Speak to your brother if he's closer to you and ask for his help to help you deal with this. We usually feel stronger when we are in the company of others, especially "significant others".

Keep us posted.

Tammy
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
SORRY! I called you Mickey. My bad! 😆 I feel so stupid now. I was thinking about this comment that a guy name Mickey made. SO I put down Mickey when I meant SonGokuu. SOrry!
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Thanks for sharing!

First off, Mickey, I don't think the 2 ghosts want you there. If the previous owners argued alot, then moved out, thinking about it... The ghosts probably mayde them argue to eventually leave.
2nd off, the reason why the ghost may only be harming you is because you are the youngest. Easiest to get at, scare, harm, etc.
Third off, using a Ouija board was a dangerous way to go, but I must admit, if this was all happening to me, I'd use it too. But now I suggest you a EVP (I might of gotten that wrong, sorry). It's a voice recorder that picks up on any voice. It can be any voice recorder. You talk to the ghosts askign them why they're harming you and so on. I suggest not to be alone. I suggest be with your big brother. Then later go over the voice recorder and listen to the answers of the ghosts.

Also, it doesn't matter how long the house has been up. When the house was built they could have built it over a indian bariel ground and disturbed them. Or maybe recent remodeling has awaken the ghosts. They probably think that that house is theirs. I suggest not to be scared. Scared only makes them think they're winning. Take it head on. But don't do anything crazy (*cough*like jump out a window*cough*) there is other things you can do, but it may not help.
1. Bless the house.
2. Get a certain type of candle.
3. Ask the ghosts to just leave you alone (believe me, it won't work...)
4. Put it circle of salt around your bed (this will only protect you when in bed. A circle of salt is suppose to act like a shield)
5. Just get real, profesional help... Like TAPS.

Hope I've helped!

~Gejro❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: