You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Evil Or Senses?

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Or Senses?

 

I'm going to tell you my (continuing) story and I please ask for some assistance. Well, if anyone knows any information about what is going on.

For as long as I can remember I've never been fully able to be in my house by myself. When I was a young child 7 years old I shared a room with my sister and she told me that when she came in late one night (from partying) it was around 3 o' clock in the morning, I had sat straight up in my bed and stared at her. I watched her walk into the bathroom (she walked out the door and into the bathroom) and when she came back in I asked her for a hug and when she said no I lay back down and fell straight back asleep. I know some of you will be skeptical as to was she just saying this but why would she randomly tell me a story of something I did and have no recollection of? She had no need for a prank and my sister is very spiritual as she would not talk about ghosts or spirits unless she had to. I felt kind of creeped out after this, but nothing further continued.

When I was 12 years old, November 1st my brother moved to Australia and I took his room. Let me tell you what that room looks like (you will need for future reference). The door is white and when you step in it is a small box room and when you walk in there is a window directly facing you. My bed makes it so that my feet are against that window but behind my bed is about a 3" gap (three inches and 10 centimeters) where a little ramp goes (for the stairs) then above my bed is shelves and in the corner is a TV. Now from the moment I moved into this room I didn't like it. It had an eerie feel and the room was always colder than the rest of my house even though it was no different to any other room.

My first night there I got barely any sleep as I could feel a presence in the gap behind my bed (the gap is behind where my head goes) and even though I had a pillow there to block anyone/thing staring at me I still felt eyes boring into the back of my head. I continued to feel this every night the eerie feeling of someone watching me, and I never felt safe in my room until I climbed into my bed. I always felt a presence in my room, but never actually in my bed just around it.

A month later (December), I felt the presence getting stronger and I got more tired and weary. I had a chalkboard in my room at the end of my bed and about 3 am on the 13th of December it just crashed to the floor even though it was held heavily against the wall. That day of December 13th I decided to pray. I am fully Christian, so I decided to pray and see if it would help. I sat on my bed and began to pray to our Lord to save me when I felt a pain in my leg (nobody was home and I have no pets) and there was a scrape down my ankle. I got straight up and ran downstairs where I sat on the couch and I began to pray again when I felt a bang in my chest and was winded for a few seconds.

I have never actually seen anything. I can only feel things that are there. I have a shed in my back garden and sometimes when its late I can see a light glow in the window even though there is nothing there.

Halloween the year later and I was sitting on my couch and in the kitchen there was 2 loud bangs (I was home alone) followed by a loud scratching sound against the wall in front of my couch, naturally I was a bit shaken up about it.

I do sometimes see entities but not in my house. In my friends house, for example, she went to the bathroom and I could see a black silhouette of a person just facing me. It had no features and when my friend came back in it was gone.

Recently I got a new dog and it would sit in front of the couch and put his paws on the couch and bark at the space behind the couch. He would sometimes lunge at it for about 10 minutes then stop. There is nothing there and we know he wasn't barking at us as there was nobody sitting on that side of the couch.

I had a sleepover for my birthday (recently) and they had complained about hearing people walking in the kitchen even though nobody went in there and my parents would never get up without telling us they are there.

I would never try to contact spirits as I know that could be dangerous but I am getting desperate. I have tried lighting a white candle and telling spirits to go away but before I can talk the candle just blows out (without any wind).

If there is anything you would like to know and if you feel you can help me please comment below thanks - Rebecca

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, InnerTurmoil, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

InnerTurmoil (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Rooky, No there is no electrical wires in the wall nor
Any electrical appliances pushed up against it, and I thank you for your opinions but unfortunately they haven't stopped despite well 'finishing' as you say sorry if that sounded rude it wasn't intended or applied that way and thanks everyone for the feedback on my sleep talking ❤
InnerTurmoil (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
[at] AddisonRoseMae57 I'm so sorry I didn't include this but, we got a dog in the middle of the story my mam had always hated them but she decided to get one and before that we had no pets so sorry for the inconvenience of not understanding that part
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
My advice would be to stick to praying when you feel like something is there, Even though you've had experiences while doing it. Be diligent.

You mentioned you now have a dog, pets can sometimes be the confirmation we need to have that we did hear something or feel something but they can also mislead us too. So we defiantly should be investigating what they are barking or looking at.

I cannot say if you have a spirit or a Poltergeist or not because I have had experiences all my life and wouldn't really know the difference because, like you, I cannot see either but I can hear and feel.

As for the sleeping conversations when you heard your sister enter the room, it is possible it was you doing it because you are already on edge and aware of your surroundings (because of everything going on in the house) that you may have woken just enough to make someone think that you are not asleep and vulnerable. Kinda like a survival-instinct.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
InnerTurmoil,

If the thought of talking in sleep scares you think about me. As a kid I often used fall asleep before dinner and my mom used to wake me up, feed me, and put me back to sleep. I never remembered any thing about it next morning. If fact, I always asked for a early breakfast, saying that I had been fasting since last night. 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
AddisonRoseMae57,

Please refer to this from the O/P's story...

"Recently I got a new dog..." The dog is an addition to the Family 'after' the O/P was scratched... 😁

InnerTurmoil,

I have to agree that you sitting up and asking for a hug may have been a very natural thing... Even if you do not remember having done it. If I had a nickle for every time I have turned off my alarm only to be woken up very nearly or late for something only to be told that my Family heard my alarm and me turning it off... And I have no memory of doing so. 😲

The way you feel in your room (your brothers old room) may be caused by EMF sensitivity... Do you know which walls of your home the electrical wiring runs through... Does the wall you get this feeling from have a large electrical appliance pushed up against it?

The Thumps and Scratches... My first thought was a possible Poltergeist... Strengthened by High EMF within the home... The 'Thump' on your chest and the scratches on your ankle? Well you mentioned you were religious... So this Poltergeist Energy... Acted the way your 'sub-conscious' thought it should... By striking out at 'you'.

It is my opinion that this activity is not caused by an actual spirit... While Poltergeist in nature the 'feelings, sounds, and physical touches' are actually Psychokinetic Energy Outbursts from your subconscious as you go through Puberty. They will seem to vanish at times... Then suddenly peak... But once Puberty is complete it will all end.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
AddisonRoseMae57 (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Something is kind of standing out to me. You say you have no pets, when you mention getting scratched, but later you talk about a dog. I don't want to be hostile, but could you maybe explain to me? Thanks!

~Addi ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
According to my family, I too, will sit up and carry on entire conversations, even sing to crying babies, while being sound asleep. I've no recollection of any of it. Apparently, I did this with some frequency between the ages of 5 and 12. The first time, was when my youngest brother was a newborn, and shared my younger sister's and my room, which was next to my parents. My mother was trying to get him to stop crying, when I sat up and began singing Shularoo (an Irish lullabye.) Anyway, baby asleep Mom came over to kiss my forhead and tuck me in, only to find I was sitting up right, with open eyes but asleep. That kindof freaked her out. 😆 Weird maybe, but nothing to worry about.
The other things occuring in your home are different though. You might try a cleansing. Perhaps Rook will see this and can give his take on it.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
When my sister and I were younger, she used to sit up in bed and have random conversations with me while she was asleep. It would kind of freak me out, because she would just suddenly be talking in the middle of the night. It wasn't what she did that freaked me out, it was just the sudden noise. But it was no big deal, just something she did. She also never remembered doing it the next day. My boyfriend did the same thing with his mom. He would have whole conversations with her, and never remember them the next day. It's not paranormal, it's some sort of sleep problem.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: