You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Ghost With A Sense Of Humor

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost With A Sense Of Humor

 

My then girlfriend lived for a couple of months in a trailer in Alamogordo, New Mexico. We both felt like there was something there, some sort of unpleasant feeling. The neighbor told her that the last person who had lived there was a drug dealer. The back room had a particularly creepy sort of feeling. And the bathroom. We both put time and some money into trying to make the place look and feel better. I will digress for a bit here to give a little useful background info.

I have previous experiences with what I have thought of as unseen roommates. I lived in a three story house built in the 1920's in Berkeley, California for 12 years and periodically would experience things, as did the downstairs and upstairs neighbors. When I asked the landlord about it, as he had previously lived in the house he said nothing and just gave me a look that said he knew there was something but did not want to admit it. I had the sense it was a girl. It seems to me in my experience that ghosts can often most easily affect electricity and things that are electric. She would wake me up at like three in the morning. My roommate was a bit freaked out about what I told him until something happened to him, then he was not scared. Something pulled his leg when he was sleeping and woke him. The next night that happened to me.

So an electrical thing that happened was I had an old microwave in the kitchen, and one morning around three it woke me up with a high pitched sound it had never made before, and I went to it and on the microwave readout was the word "baby." It happened once again a few months later and I took a picture of it, which I will post in future. I wish I had taken video as well. But it is really nice to have some evidence of what I say. I think my brother thinks I'm a bit mental when I have told him of things that happened.

So back to the trailer. I was sitting on the toilet and had my Droid phone in my hand and I look down and the word "poop" is written in text, in the message box. This is not an autocorrect word either. I told this later to my girlfriend, and she was kind of pissed at me, as it freaked her out. It happened again a week or so later, and this time it said "poop poop poop poop." At the time it did not occur to me to think of it as funny, but when I told the story to my brother in law he said "Ah a ghost with a sense of humor." A year or so later, my now ex-girlfriend, who is now a friend I hang out with at times said she saw my phone lying on my bed and she saw the word "poop" over and over in text. She said she did not want to tell me at the time.

The place I live in now does not have anything, and I am glad. I can handle a ghost in a place but still it has an unpleasantness to it. It just adds a stress, even when there is the feeling that the ghost perhaps even likes me, as in Berkeley. I would say "Hi ghost" when I got home at times.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VividNature, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

curious_sami (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-01)
haha poop poop poop poop I wouldent mind haveing a ghost like that hangin aroung my place.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
HAHa I couldn't help laugh so hard when I read about the words Poop Sound like your ghost have sence of Humor. πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
The stuff people call "music" these days just reinforces my belief that humanity is doomed πŸ˜†
k_surupa22 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
i don't know what to say, but it looks as if d ghost was a funny person who loved to play pranks on everyone and now also it is behaving in the very same way after passing on.
😜
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
BadJuuJuu I think the Beliebers need some healthy doses of Pink Floyd, Clapton, Springsteen, etc. I cringe every time I see that boy in pants ready to drop... Eww!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Ugh, seriously? I'll help you haunt them. They'll be true Beleibers... In ghosts.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
BadJuuJuu LOL. People at my workplace keep playing this song on loop. Now I know a few people I'm going to exact my revenge on after I die;)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Allesgute, really? You had to go there, now that song is in my head. 😭
Must go turn on some Ozzy and get my mind right lol.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
'Baby': Sounds like Justin Bieber projecting himself through your microwave, if he was even born at that time;)
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Eeeeewwwwww...sorry, couldn't help it πŸ˜‰

5050505050505050
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Anyone familiar with the paranormal knows that when you mess around with negativity--physical, mental, & drug abuse, Satanic rituals, Ouija boards, etc--you attract negative entities. Any place where negative practices take place MUST be thoroughly cleansed before consideration of taking up residency. As per the "poop" reference, well, part of the Satanic ritual involves coprophagia (eating poop), as well as other vulgar substances, so the Good Lord knows what went on in that place! (Gross, I apologize) 😠
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Hahaha who cares! I always take my phone to the bathroom with me even when I'm in the shower I reply back to my texts lol
BadJuuJuu (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Considering some of the Droid drama we've had, I wouldn't call the "poop" incident a ghost. My hubby's old Droid would randomly change words in texts to "boobs." Frequently. It happened until an update fixed the operating glitch.
The word "baby" appearing on the microwave screen? I would really like to see that picture. As I've never seen a microwave with letters, I'm assuming "baby" was spelled in leetspeak? Had the power gone out, even for a minute?
VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hahaha! Oh my! If I ever had a ghost in my house, this would be my kind of ghost! I have a very boyish sense of humor! How silly and fun! The ghost is just saying hi, clearly and is a very silly ghost. This is great. What a comedian! πŸ˜†
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hi VividNature, please upload the picture you took about the words in the microwave oven. Sounds strange. At 3 a.m. Every time in the previous house you lived. Again the words poop poop in the mobile phone. Please don't get offended, I find it quite difficult to digest and believe. Please do upload the photo. Only after that I would be in a position to comment about the experiences you narrated.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
The phone thing is cool. But what's with the baby in the microwave? You used to hear about people getting high and doing that. Yeesh!
Butterfly_Kisses (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Oh my! Tee hee hee, this is the first ghost story that has made me laugh. πŸ˜†
SweetSelinda (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I found this funny 😁 I want to see the picture of the microwave!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Oh, geeze, Miracles, I just spewed my soda pop! πŸ˜† 'Mishaps' πŸ˜† πŸ˜† too funny - but oh so true!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
val - I know a lot of people who take their phone with them to the bathroom... And many of them have had...ummm...mishaps? With them πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I'm not even going to ask why you take you phone to the bathroom with you...
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Hahaha this is rather a funny story poop poop poop:D oh and yea do post the picture I really want to see it:D

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: