You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Can See And Sense Them Now

Real Ghost Stories

I Can See And Sense Them Now

 

I know I haven't posted anything in a couple of years, but aside from a little girl's voice singing my name as clear as day at the end of the hall when there was no one there, our animals watching things that I can't see, and apparently Donnie (the 'possessed teddy bear' I've already posted a story about) telling people to get out of my room, things have quieted down around our home for the most part.

My recent experiences, however, haven't exactly been in or anywhere near my house. There hasn't been physical contact from any spirits, but I've actually been starting to see and sense them more from time to time. It doesn't shock me, seeing as the women in my family are sensitive to the spirit world; especially my mother.

I myself wasn't noticing it at first over the months, simply going about normally out in public with family or friends. That didn't last long though, and I think I first truly realized that some of the people I acknowledged were around me weren't alive at the time when I would catch a glance of someone and turn to watch them go by only to realize that there was no one there or even close by. I don't usually make eye contact with people when I'm out but I still try to keep track of what's going on around me, so it wasn't hard for me to not notice it sooner.

This really kicked up for me after my mother, grandmother, and me decided to spend a night in the Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee. I live a little over an hour away from there, but it was still a nice break and I was excited to see if anything would happen.

I used the elevator to get up, and even though it was big enough for me and I had gone inside alone, I still felt that need for personal space I usually have when around people I don't know and sort of went into auto pilot. I stayed on the side of the elevator that was directly in front of the door, leaning forward and carefully moving my arm over to press the button to the second floor like I was trying not to bump into someone standing near the buttons. Mom told me later, out of earshot of my grandmother, that there was actually the spirit of a bellboy that was in the elevator. I chalked my behavior up to that and asked her about what else she sensed. Aside from a little girl and either her mother or nanny on the stairs leading to the second floor, she said that there wasn't much.

I'll admit that nothing too big happened while we were there. Mom and I joked that it was because my grandmother was there with us and her constant output of negativity and habit of draining the people around her had scared them off, but we still tried to enjoy our stay.

That night, I couldn't sleep. It wasn't because I was uneasy, but I just couldn't settle enough to sleep or stay asleep for long, and I soon resigned myself to grabbing a book I had brought with me and leaving our room to read out on one of the chairs that were set up on our floor next to a sofa. It was pretty quiet for a while, and I started to feel that someone was watching me.

I lifted my head and glanced over to the stairs that led to the third floor where I almost wanted to say someone was crouched down and watching me through the banister, though didn't really see anything with my eyes and simply turned back to my book. The presence on the small staircase watching me silently didn't go away for some time, but I didn't feel threatened and continued to read my book. I was still thinking about what or who was there that was so interested in a girl reading by herself, and I almost wanted to say it was a little kid, a boy even, but it didn't quite feel like a child to me. My mother later explained to me when I told her about it that the spirits of children that have been around for a long time never feel fully like a child after a while because even in the afterlife they've seen too much.

Anyway, the rest of the stay was pretty much lacking paranormal experiences for us (which I cannot say the same for the poor man on the third floor whose dog ran out barking up a storm and utterly refused to come back into the hotel), but as I said it was after our stay there that I started to take better notice of things around me.

My mother and I were driving through a Home Depot parking lot some time after noon a month or so after we had been at the Copper Queen and I was drowning in the music on the radio when I glanced out of the window. I remember seeing a tall lanky older man with an old farmer's cap on his head and what looked like maybe a faded denim jacket not quite from the corner of my eye but just a passing glance. It occurred to me a second after I saw him that he was close enough that mom was about to hit him with the side of our truck and I darted my head back towards the window while opening my mouth to tell her to stop when my voice died in my throat.

There was no one there or even anywhere on that side of the parking lot, and I immediately told mom seeing as it was just us in the truck. She simply responded with something along the lines of him having his weekend walk to the store for some tools or the like and we left it at that.

The next time I really registered someone there that wasn't was at night in a Circle K parking lot. We had just pulled up and I saw a figure, male I think, with long wavy hair in a t-shirt and shorts sort of jog up the side of the front of our truck and hop up onto the sidewalk. My gaze followed him not even for a second, his form transparent almost like a visual echo, and as his form went about three feet he was gone right where the headlight on my side was. Once again, I mentioned it to my mother and she said what I saw had more than likely been residual.

The third and final major of my sightings happened when my mother and I were trying to find a feed store in Benson. We managed to locate it, but it was directly behind a large and derelict building. We both immediately felt uneasy before we even drove onto the property, and she stopped the car saying that she really didn't want to go in there. I agreed, and after a few moments I could see in my mind that there was a black figure standing in front of one of the boarded up entrances. I didn't get the chance to mention it as my mother put the care in reverse and we quickly drove back the way we came.

She told me she hadn't wanted to go onto the property because it didn't feel right, and I took the chance to tell her about the black figure I sensed that I felt was standing in front of the building, watching us closely, and didn't seem too pleased about things. She told me that she did see someone where I sensed the black figure, but what she saw was an old farmer type male 'waiting for customers'. Still, both of us agreed not to go back there and haven't since.

After that, I haven't really been sensing or seeing things much, but it may just seem that way for me because my depression came back pretty badly and I'm just getting out of it. I just thought I'd share with all of you what's been going on, though.

Other hauntings by EternalLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EternalLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Thanks for the feedback, guys! My mom has been helping me try to get a handle on my abilities in that I don't leave myself open to anything that may want to use my energy. Seeing as she's got 40+ years of practice, she knows quite a few good tricks (given I'm stable emotionally; clinical depression and anxiety doesn't make it easy). I'll look into your suggestions though, so thanks again!
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
EternalLotus, I looked online, it is Paranormal State, website www.imdb.com/title/tt0785036
Chip Coffey is the mans name. If you can get in touch with him I am sure he can help you.
Hope this helps.
Ds
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
EternalLotus, it is Very good that you can talk to your mother about seeing spirits. Most kids can not! They are told there is no such thing, you are imaging it, or you are lying. So I am Very happy for you being able to share with your mother. God bless her. EternalLotus, I have been seeing spirits ever since I was a Small kid. No one believed me. It was hard. I would just not say anything & go on. But I finally learned how to 'control' (that isn't a very good word), I think back them off would be a better way of putting it. But I learned this after I became a Christian. You need to contact someone that REALLY knows what they are doing. And as usual the first name that come to mind is Amy Allen. There is also a man named Cliff or Chip, he works with the Philadelphia Paranormal Society. They have been on TV. This man is a medium & he also has a show where him & another lady helps kids. He shows they how to use their gift.
If I can be of any further help let me know phenonwrestler [at] sbcglobal.net put Spirit or Ghost in the subject line.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
It's very cool that you and your mom can share these experiences. My mom and I used to share stories and experiences as well, and my grandmother is also a negative Nelly, so I can relate. 😉 Thank you for sharing this story! Hope to see more from you.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
If you are ever near Tucson you should check out Hotel Congress. I'll be honest it is expensive, but it is crawling with ghosts. It's one of those places that you are guaranteed to get an experience. It was built in 1919 and is most famous for being the place that caught Dillinger.
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Strange...to be very honest... I hope you don't accept what I'm saying as purely how I'm about to say it. I mean this as commonly as one can commonly and politely say it, but I didn't find you story interesting. BUT! What compelled me to read it from start to finish is how powerful your spiritual energy is. And also, I did enjoy that... Whether or not your it'd be your mother... That you have a companion that understands you and visa versa. I feel like that is importent during this life-time. I'm glad you shared your story and I'm glad I read it. Additionally, I must say. With such a powerful energy... It can go one of a few way. Things will try to control you if you are ignorant which you are not... Things will not willingly will be controlled by you... Or you can take responsibility and keep yourself firmly grounded and when spirits are unwanted... You could blast a wave of energy or create things in your minds eye to keep them at bay amoung other things you could do that I won't discuss because you'd have to be prepared to understand what I'm saying without feeling... Good or bad about it, but listening with understanding.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: