You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cemetary Bubbles

Real Ghost Stories

Cemetary Bubbles

 

This story doesn't have the concrete research and prolonged experiences that my last story, "An Illinois Haunting" had, but it's something I still think about and question.

For Memorial Day every year, my mother and I like to buy a bunch of flowers to plant in front of our deceased relatives' headstones. We have to make the trek to about 3-4 cemeteries, all in the city of Chicago. The year of this story is 2001. I was in my senior year of high school. This was actually the first year that we decided to make this activity a tradition, and I was really excited to visit all of the old cemeteries. I'm not creeped out by being in cemeteries at all, and I really enjoy taking in the beauty and artistry of old headstones and monuments.

We were at the second cemetery of the day, St. Luke's, which is predominately German-Lutheran. My mom was busy planting flowers, and I was slightly bored doing that, and decided to wander around and check out the different monuments. It's a pretty big place, but I always had her SUV in view - it's pretty hard to miss since it is bright yellow!

I was a fairly good distance from her when I felt the temperature drop slightly, it could have been the shade from the trees, but it was a very hot day. Then I began to notice bubbles floating around. There weren't too many of them, but they seemed to only be floating maybe a foot to two feet off the ground. It kind of made me laugh because I thought maybe there was a family with a small child there, but I looked all over that area and couldn't find anything or anyone that could explain this. I didn't see any caretakers, visitors, or vehicles. I tried to follow the bubbles to see if they led anywhere, but they would just float and then attach to the grass or burst.

At this point I was confused and disoriented, and I couldn't see where my mom's car was. I finally made it back to her after jogging a bit. I explained what happened to her and we drove over there but couldn't see any person or thing that could have created bubbles.

These were not orbs, they were real bubbles, and I know it sounds crazy, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard or experienced anything like this?

Other hauntings by seabird

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seabird, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
The same has happened to me at my house, except it was just one bubble that floated down from the ceiling and then just disappeared. Quite a intriguing experience.

-CDubber ❤
clatane (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Greetings! I have just read this story and I love it. I had something similar happen just last week. I live in a very old house - built in 1839 - and my daughter has always had "experiences". Last week I was watching TV and something caught my eye in our foyer. As I watched, this lone, single little bubble came floating into the room and drifted on into the kitchen. I called out to my daughter to ask if she was blowing bubbles and was told that no, she was working on her term paper. So, I'm clueless as to the where and why of this little bubble. I thought it was sweet and will continue to do so. I'd love to hear any more of your stories!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
I hadn't heard of anything like that before, but I can say that when I am washing dishes, and I get one of those tiny little dish soap bubbles, oddly I think of my deceased Pap Pap. Maybe there is a connection to the deceased and bubbles? 😆 ❤
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Thanks for telling this one. Also, Jasmin 314 and everyone else who can testify to lighthearted visits from the dear departed.
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Maybe bubble blowing is a ghost's way of playing:) since they can't really join real kids in a game of tag or anything...
seabird (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Thank you all for your responses! I don't feel too crazy now! 😊 It's nice to know some of you have seen these bubbles too!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I honestly never heard of this before. I wish I could help you out here but I have no lue. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Ok I have heard of the bubble. I am sorry if this is a bit late but if you ever get to read this here is my story... Me and my sister's good friend died about 9months ago. A few days after her death, my sister was laying on her couch crying because of our friends passing when all of the sudded dozens of bubbles appeared over her face and they would pop one by one until they were gone. My sister felt our friend's presence and she believes that she had come to visit one last time. ❤
twilightfan (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Maybe the bubbles were just spirits. Or a message from your realtives. Also your moms SUV sounds awesome 😁 😁 😁
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Hum...this probably is not related to your story but I remember seeing bubbles like that float across my house. Not recently, a few years ago, and a few times. I remember that I could not see anyone around making these bubbles and even if a person DID make these bubbles, since I could not see anyone, it must have been someone quite far away and surely the bubbles would have popped before I saw them?
seabird (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
KimSouth0, FRAWIN, and bigpatti87-

Thanks for your comments! Yeah I thought it was a bit strange too. I didn't want to think of it as a paranormal event, but I couldn't find any other explanation. I do agree with you that if it was a ghost, than it either had to be a child or a very playful and happy spirit. Like you said, FRAWIN, what an awesome way to spend eternity!

God bless-

Christine
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I can truthfully say this is a new one on me.

As stated by one of the other commentators, perhaps it was a child spirit having some fun?

Have you gone back to this cemetery? Any other experiences there?

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
That's a new one on me, I have never heard of a ghost blowing bubbles but I guess it could happen. If they can do all the things attributed to them, why not bubbles. I can't think of a more pleasant way to spend eternity 😊. Thanks for the story, I really enjoyed it.

FRAWIN 😊
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Well that really sounds like it was a child spirit that was having fun with you because it felt your presence or was recently deceased and hadnt cross over and was havinfun... You never know but it is a very kind and gentle experience whatever it was.

God Bless
Jonathan 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: