You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Supper Time Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Supper Time Ghost

 

To make things a little more clear, I want to give a little background detail of the house that I lived in. The house was an older traditional-style Japanese house. The kitchen/living room area was on the opposite side of the house from where the bedrooms (including mine) were. I also was the only one on the side of the house because my Host Mother was in the kitchen cooking supper and the rest of my host family was out working late. The cat was outside too. My bedroom door was a fancy sliding door that was made of frosted glass, so I would've seen someone walk by. Also, the ceiling in the hallway leading to the other side of the house from my bedroom is kind of low (because I'm an unnecessarily tall Canadian hehehe).

It was a little bit before supper and I wanted to go and relax in my room. I laid down on my bed and started to reflect on how my day went. As I laid there, I got a strange feeling; it was a kind of excited, eerie feeling. I looked toward my door. I stared at it when all of a sudden, a black, shadowy arm from the ceiling, came down and knocked on the window of my door! I was flabbergasted! I went to my door cautiously and opened it, I looked up to the ceiling to find nothing there! At that moment, my Host Mother called me to supper. I ran to my Host Mother and told what had happened. She laughed at me and told me that I was just paranoid. Anyway, that night I had a little trouble falling asleep.

Any ideas? Or was I just hallucinating?

Other hauntings by Umi_Tamashii

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Umi_Tamashii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jeepgrl16 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
oh my gosh, if that was me I would be going crazy. Also how did you go to japan to study abroad? I have been trying to find out but I can't.

Sorry for my bad spelling! 😆
DemonSora (69 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Awesome you live in Japan now? Thats sooo cool! Lucky! I'd like to live in Karakura or in Okinawa. I love Japan. All though I don't know what you've seen. I love to live in those Japanese houses, Because Asians believe in spirits and a lot of paranormal goes around there and Japan is my favorite country cause I watch Anime and read Manga!

God Bless
Karin

Ps I'm Polish
Umi_Tamashii (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Konnichiwa! The house that I lived in was as I said a traditional Japanese home. The house was the house that my Host Mother grew up in. Her Mother lived there for a long time before passing on. I'm starting to think that maybe it was my Host Grandmother helping out my Host Mother by getting me to the kitchen for supper and making her presence known. It was pretty convenient timing as stated in the story. This is another hypothesis I have come up with.
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Were you supposed to be having an audio hallucination as well? Assuming you heard the knock on the window.
Tricks of the mind or the eye when one is drifting off are not usually this bizarre, are they? Whatever it was certainly wanted your attention, and got it.
My husband's family lived on a very old homestead with at least one spirit who invariably made itself noticed when a stranger or relative newcomer to the family was there alone, or a family member who had not lived there for for a long time was housesitting. Maybe your visitor was teasing or protesting the presence of a stranger.
Umi_Tamashii (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hello all! Now that you mention it Tonith and Frawin, falling asleep does sound like a reasonable explanation. The only thing about the story that I forgot to mention was that I was expecting a call from my brother back in Canada as well as supper, so I was pretty awake. I can tell you though that it was pretty scary hehehe. Thanks for the comments everyone! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I tend to think like Tonith, when one is laying down it is hard to be 100% sure if you are awake or not. Either way it would be a frightening experience. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was interesting.

FRAWIN 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Wow this was a very scar story. I had gussbumps while I was reading it. Thank you for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I have heard that asian people naturally believe in spirits because it's a part of their culture. Maybe this one just wanted to say hello to a foreigner. I tend to wonder about any encounter when we are in repose. You can fall asleep literally for a few moments and not realize you are dreaming.Don't know if this was your case but apparently you saw something and heard something and you thought you were awake. Maybe you were and had a real life encounter with a japanese ghost.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Well I'm stationed here in Okinawa Japan, and there's tombs all over the running trails on the Marine base that I'm on. I've thought I've seen shadowy figures around them, but just maybe it was my imagination running wild. On the other hand, I'm a firm believer in the Paranormal. I mean read my stories and posts 😉... Anyways, I believe that what you seen you seen! Like Darklight said, it IS a traditional Japanese house, and the Japanese (I've learned here over the past 10 months) are very spiritual.
Darklight (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
That is one creepy story. O_o I don't think you were really hallucinating, since you said you lived in a a traditional style Japanese house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: