You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Friends Visiting in Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Friends Visiting in Dream

 

About a month ago, my baby daughter was in hospital with bronchitis and I stayed over in hospital with her. I was very distressed about her situation and I cried constantly in hospital. That evening, I fell asleep and I saw in my dream an old friend of mine that had died ten years ago. Her head was completely bald, the reason of this is that she had cancer and had treatment. In my dream, I was upset about my baby and she came up to me and gave me a hug, she looked so pale but never said a word and then I woke up. I think she was reassuring me that everything was going to be ok. I have never had anything close to a ghostly encounters other than this, but I'm sure that when we are all distressed about something, we are visited by friends or family members beyond this earth.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
iv had a similar dream about my grandma, not long after she died we recieved her ashes and kept them in a beautiful wooden box in the living room. Me, my mum, aunty and 3 sisters were all talking about her - in the livingroom - my aunty was reasurring us that my grandma was happy where she was fot now, otherwise she would have let us known if she wanted her ashes putting else where. That night I dreamt that I was walking around my grandma's house, and as I turned to leave I heard the tapping of her walking stick echoing around the house. I turned and she was walking into the hall way out of the living room - looking exactly how she had looked before she spent her last 6 months in hospital - healthy and happy. She reassured me herself that she was fine and there was no need to worry, then gave me a hug. I woke up after as soon as she hugged me with tears streaming down my face.
It was so nice to hear from her! I believe she was listening to our conversation that day and wanted to tell me herself that she was ok.:)
Darkangel101 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
I have had the same experience, but a sad one which
didn't make me feel better. Just recently my grandma
died and I was miserable for a few months. Until one night I had a dream. The dream was me looking out a window crying by a beach. But then I saw my grandma looking up at me. I did not notice her (BUT I DID) and my grandma frowned then turned to sand and washed
away. There were stones spelled THE NECKLACE I asked my aunt about and she gave me a shiny gold necklace. I slept with it on that night and when I woke up, there was a not by my bed. Dear... We are going to the hospital because your mom is in labor. We just found out that it is a girl. Right after I read that, I got a phone call from grandma all she said was LIVE LONG and to this day I am 21. Sorry I told a whole story!
sunaina (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
hii... I would like to share something that is related to dead people coming in dreams... In india it is blvd that if any dead family member or a relative or frnd comes in your dream and if they seems happy and if they gv any kind of gift or food or if they treat you, it means something profitable will come accross you in near future but to reverse of it if ny of thm asks you to give anything or if they asks you to come along with thm thn it is highly dangerous because it means you are either going to be in a trouble and if you agree to go along with thm in your dream thn it is expected one will die soon... This is one belief which I hv actually experienced... So I m letting you guyz know... Do take precautions whn ny such thing comes in your dream...thanx...
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
hi I have dreams about strangers. Then I see a few of them in real life as ghosts. I think there dead people who are in my dreams. 😐I have had noises in my house and voices of a little girl. When I can't see them there in my pictures. I have had orbs massive ones going through my eyes.
Jeff Knabel (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
Hello,

This is the story of a dream I had 10 years ago. In my dream a meteor had struck the earth. I was searching for my Dad in the aftermath. When I finally found him, the shockwave from the impact was pushing me away. He was scared out of his mind, and frozen with fear. I could see the reflection of the explosion in his eyes, glowing bright red. In the end I couldn't reach him, and I woke up in a cold sweat...

I wrote a song about that dream called 'Black Winter'. You can listen to it at this link, or type my name in 'Google' along with the song title.

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=141312

Enjoy,

Jeff Knabel
Seherezade (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
I dream about these regularly and am relieved to see it happens to all! Just somebody please confirm that all friends are there after death as my dreams are actually pleasent as they assure me it is all ok after death for the others! But someone please confirm! Knowing this would help so much with the grief...
Amanda (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-11)
Something like this just happened to me the other night. Although mine's with my dog... Not a person...
We had to put Mitzi down last summer... Which was really hard on me... Whenever I was upset she'd always run over to me and kind of get sucky with me...
Well the other night I was having a very bad day. I was depressed and crying, and thinking to myself how much I wished she was there. I closed my eyes... And just started thinking about Mitzi... And kind of just asked for a sign to know she was ok. Well when I went to bed that night... I drempt about her. All she did was come sit with me and I petted her and rubbed her belly... But I woke up knowing everything was ok and she was still looking out for me
Carla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
Thankyou for all you nice people out there who have read my story
Brittany by reading your story I now feel like I'm not the only one whos had this sort of dream I have not told any one else except for all you people out there who are reading this, I could never tell my husband as he had a bad supernatural experience when he was younger and it really freaks him out whenever I talk about anything ghostly he wont ever bring the subject up,theres alot of family members including my brother,father and father inlaw who have witnessed ghostly phenomena its all so very interesting,but hey all you guys out there who have written your stories I hope you are all ok some you have witnessed some physical phenomena and I cannot imagine what you all went through.
Cheers to Nona,janice and Katrina for commenting on my story and Janice my daughter is absolutely fine now thankyou so much for thinking of us!!
xx
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
hey I'm glad that you will remember and appreciate Katie for what she did for you and I will also thank her in my prayers every night for being there for you. Good people like I'm sure Katie was a good person, will always be there for their friends even after death. Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you that I hope that your daughter is doing good, it's horrible for a child to have bronchitis, she is young right? I'm going to pray for her too, and I certainly will pray for you, because I don't want you to be stressed out either or depressed, I'm sure that your daughter will turn out great and you know, just remember Katie and it will make you feel better in your times of sadness.
Katrina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
My mother told me about a presence in her grandma's dream and house. It all started after her grandfather had passed away, Her grandma had a dream about her husband complaining that his feet were cold. In the dream she looked down at his feet, his feet were covered in mud. In the morning when she woke up, she walked into the kitchen to make her breakfast, all of a sudden she noticed something on the floor. Footprints in mud were all over the floor. She got suspicious and noticed that there was mud from the front door to her bedroom in her bed, because there was mud all over the blankets.Her grandma almost had a heart attack . So every night she knew that he was right beside her and complaining his feet were cold . A few years later she had past away.
Eversince she told me that I have believed in ghost for awhile. Everytime I tell my mom I hear something or feel something she beleives in me and tells me the story again.My dad also believe in ghost so he understands.Now I am aware of what is around me and I am not scared of what might happen when I am alone.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Hey , the same thing that happened to me. I was haveing some problems in my family.Everynight I went to bed I would cry .Nobody knew why,then one night I went to bed earlier . I had a dream about my aunt .She kept telling me everything was going to be ok.She said ,she knows what it feels like. When I woke up I could feel something right next to me . I stuck my hand out and held it still.Something pushed it down.Ever since then I have believed in ghosts and that my aunt is always there for me.
Carla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Thankyou Janice thats really nice!!
I was in the same year as Katie at school she had alot of family problems and she was very bitter about it all and in some ways it did effect our friendship as she could be very stroppy at times but I tried to put it down to the fact that she just wanted a proper family life and so I included her in everything that I did,especially in the school holidays when my mum and I used to take our dog for a walk in the hills,Katie would come with us-i did feel very sorry for her-but I guess our friendship did grow apart abit and we both made new friends so I didnt get to see her as much-she changed schools and thats when I saw in the paper that she had cancer and shortly after she passed away,that was 10 years ago!
Im sure as well that when she visited me it was her way of saying sorry and to make sure we were ok! Thankyou Katie for being there!!!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Hey Carla, I don't that I've had an experience like that but I can guess that your friend wanted to tell you that things will be fine. I (personally) think that God sent her over to reassure you, and make you feel hopeful about your daughter. I'm sorry about the death of your friend and her cancer, I really am. Really good friends, like yours, can sometimes even after death be there for you, to make you feel better when you feel down, you know?
Nona (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Yes this exact same thing happened to me, my gran had passed away in oct from cancer and I had taken this really bad. One night I had a dream she was walking up my road and asked me to come to my house with her, in my dream I knew she was dead as I kept asking her 'what are you doing here? I miss you' and she kept replying 'its ok dont worry I am fine, I'm great' she gave me two wine gums a green one (my sisters fav colour) and a red (my fave colour) and left...

my gran always gave us money for sweets right up until the day she died and I was 18... lol, she was a great gran :)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: