You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Voices

 

I currently work on a tropical island that some people would pay to be at, but it's a military base and only those who work or are stationed here are allowed. The island has a rich history and it has its ghost stories as well. I have only experienced one kind of paranormal event while here, but I am planning on checking into the validity of the other stories I will tell here. My own experience has been with voices. I have clearly heard my named called on several occasions and there is no one around me at the time. I have also caught the movement of what some of you call shadow people out of the corner of my eye in my room. I do not get the feeling that these are bad or negative energies, but something that is trying to communicate its presence to me.

The next story was relayed to me, by another island resident, of the angry Philipino. It seems that these two ladies who worked the midnight shift out on the far side of the island were standing outside their facility smoking and talking, when, out of nowhere, a Philipino man came running and screaming at them. Needless to say they both started to run back into the facility and as they reached the door, they looked back and he was gone. Their facility is a secure location and the only way in is through a locked gate that only employees of that location have access to. They claimed this happened several times.

The next story is of the woman in white, also told by another island resident. It is said that over on the far side of the island at the old plantation, if you spend the night, you will see a woman in white victorian dress wondering the grounds. No one knows who she is or why she is there. I plan on finding out if this one is true. Who knows maybe I will come back with some pictures to post here. There are a couple of more stories that supposedly happen here, but I will have to sit down and have them told to me again so that I can pass them on to you along with anything I find during my ghost hunt.

Other hauntings by Shane

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KenMikaze (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
Hey Shane,

Are you sure it was a Filipino Man? Diego Garcia is way off the P.I. Man, oh well, us Filipinos are known to be migrants. Great story! Kudos
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Dear Shane,

That's a pretty haunted island, if the island was captured by the Japanese Empire in the Second World War, I guess the chances of a battle there are quite high and the chances of a death of hundreds of soldiers and civilians are even higher.

I hope those souls will come to rest soon, especially that screaming Filipino, he is making my country and its people look even worse putting aside the corruption of the government and poverty.

I am most interested in the story of the lady in Victorian clothing; I reckon that her story is a love story gone horribly wrong and ending in disaster. Keep me posted on the lady on the Victorian era and the screaming Filipino, if you don't mind. I hope to hear more about your experiences.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care. Deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Whitebuffalo, I spoke to a couple of people who worked with those two ladies they said they never seen anything, but they supposed anything was possible. The island did have a very active after life scene. I didn't realize how active it was until just before I left and I was talking with several other people who lived in the same building as me and they all had stories to tell of being attacked or hearing voices and seeing things that shouldn't be there. Oh well would have been nice to do an in depth investigation, but I am just glad to be back home with my family. Thanks for the comment.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hello Shane, that sounds like a pretty active island there, especially since more stories are being looked into. I believe I would have had the same reaction as the smoking women if something came running and screaming at me! Thanks for this story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Hey Mustang, according to the person who told the story to me, he was very solid. I can not get either of the ladies who experienced it to talk about it. I guess they are of the belief people would think them nuts or something. Thanks for commenting on my story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
Hi Shane! I liked your story. I think that would be really freaky if I had a ghost go screaming past me! He must have been in a pretty solid form for the women to think he was real. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊-Shelby ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
It is beautiful here Kim, but I never did get out to investigate the claims others have made. Too busy doing all the other fun things when I am not at work. I am heading back to the states here real soon and I plan on doing some investigations once I get settled back in.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+3
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Shane,
Any further documentation or research on this island since its posting? It sounds absolutely fascinating! Frightening but fascinating.

God Bless!
Shenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Wow that sounds cool!
I hope you enjoyed your stay!
I wonder if you'd be able to come to asia sometime... I live in an island as well... Except it's just a tiny dot in the world map :P
It's called the pearl of the Indian Ocean... Aka Sri Lanka :P
Ok, Now, to be honest, I've been trying to post my stories on here but it says there's too many to publish! Arghhh...
I'll be patient.
Tomorrow morning Me and my relations are going to check out this Old Farm full of horses! I can't wait, we're going to see it because the farmer that lives there plus his family get freaked out at night and the horses go wild. Hopefully I'll get some pictures. :D

Take care and Godbless,
Shenny (LOL I almost typed Shane)
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I have heard my name called and they said to open the door and I opened the door and my nan was about to knock on. STRANGE INIT.
Last week I heard a little girl singing and then she banged she got me in trouble LOL. When they make noises at night my dad think its me.
summer_starz7 (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Cool stories! They were very interesting the thing I thought was the weirdest was the lady who wonders around... 😊 And thanks for the welcoming Shane!
~ ❤ Summer
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Welcome summer_starz7, you have joined a very interesting cast of characters. You are now on a journey of not only sight and sound, but of the mind. Welcome to the twillight zone. Oh , sorry flash backs happening there.😉 I hope you find your time here enjoyable and informative.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
lydia07 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
Please keep me updated about these stories as I am very interested and I would really like to hear more!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Janice you are correct, the island I am on is no where near Texas. I am in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Had a great time on my vacation. Spent some quality time with my family. Unfortunately no ghost hunting while I was home. I am planning on trying to get one together here in the next month or so. I have several people who enjoy the paranormal as much as I do and they want to go with me, so who knows maybe I will capture the lady in white on film. Use to live in Texas myself, out around Lampasas. Well take care and I will try to post more soon.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Hey Shane, hooray!!!, you're back!!! You don't want to know how many questions I have to ask you about your trip. Well, did you have fun? I hope so. Well, this is only first story, I bet on your travels. I would have loved to go to the island where your at and experience some of those stories for my self, but too bad that I don't know where it is and I bet it isn't from around Texas, where I live. Yes, Shane, maybe you can put up those pictures you were talking about in your story, I would love to see them. Well, I'm glad your back, and I have nothing more to say though, good-bye and try to see if you could post up those pictures.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: