You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Very Clear And Pronounced Ghost Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

A Very Clear And Pronounced Ghost Sighting

 

So it has already been established that I am somewhat sensitive to spirits. I have two really good friends who just happen to be married. Currently they live in his grandmother's house, and then was also the house he was raised in with his mother and father.

At maybe age 5 or 6, my friend's father passed away at the home which was around 1978-79. Not sure of the exact causes but his father did live a pretty rough lifestyle from what I understand. He enjoyed his Jack Daniel's whisky, fried chicken, and lots of cigarettes.

Several months ago, my wife and I were at my friend's house and standing in the kitchen. The kitchen has two entryways with one end leading to short hallway, bathroom, and living room area, and the other entryway leading toward the back part of the house and the bedrooms. The rear of the house that leads off of the kitchen is an addition, and therefore has an actual door that can be open and shut.

This door has a window in it. So I was standing in the kitchen looking out towards the rear of the house with the door which was partially ajar, and angled and as I looked at the window, I saw a very clear reflection off of the glass of the kitchen and entryway behind me. We were having a normal conversation, and clear as day and night, I witnessed in the reflection off the glass in the door, a slightly overweight man wearing a white tank top walking down the hallway behind me. The face was somewhat distorted looking, but every other feature was crisp and clear as if I was looking at the reflection of someone in a mirror.

When I saw this at first I instantly thought it was one of my friends, but after thinking for a second that everyone in the house was accounted for and were not in that portion of the house but were all in the kitchen or in the back part of the house, I spoke up and said something about what I just saw and the description.

My friend's wife who is also apparently sensitive to these things told me without even flinching one bit that yeah, you just saw his dad's ghost. She said that she sees him all the time and usually in that hallway wearing his white tank top.

I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I mean normally something like this my creep me out a little but being that this spirit was comprised of my friend's father, and knowing that he has obviously been there for a long time, there was nothing malicious about it. It was just a spirit making a walk down a hallway like he'd done a thousand times before in life. It was the most visible spirit I have ever witnessed and may ever witness... But you never know...

Other hauntings by Craigh95834

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Craigh95834, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
A very good story. I too wonder if it was residual or intelligent. Either way it can be enough to scare or intrigue you.

Thanks for sharing your story. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi and thank your for sharring this story with us. I agree with Rhodes hear. It is eqasier for spirits to show themselves to sencitives then it is to others. Lets just say that they don't have to use so much energy. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Craigh95834 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Apparently there have been quite a few people that have seen this ghost in the house before. I do believe he is a residual since he is always seen in the same place doing pretty much the same thing. My friends thinks that he is doing his usual walk down the hallway to check on dinner that grandma used to cook in the kitchen. He doesn't appear to interact in any way, though as far as I know, nobody has tried to interact with him.

On a side note. My friend whose house this took place out also hosted a halloween party about 4-5 years ago where people were invited to construct altars in the backyard dedicated to those who we have known that have passed on. One of these altars was for this ghost. It consisted of a cross adorned and surrounded with small photographs of his father with a small bottle of JD, a plate a fried chicken, and a pack of cigarettes at the base. At the end of the night we noticed the fried chicken was missing... But then realized that it wasn't the ghost, but rather the family dog 😲
Kirska (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Wow what a cool experience. I am envious! And it's great that someone else could verify your story, even if it wasn't the same instance that you both had seen that person.
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi Craigh

Thanks for sharing your story. Rhodes68 is right. It would be interesting to know if your friends father interacts with the family or if he is residual. And by the way, anyone who enjoys Jack Daniels, fried chicken and a good smoke, can't be all bad.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Actually you NEVER know. It seems like the spirit of your friend's father wasn't seen by you simply because it had enough energy to manifest but mainly because, like his daughter, you were sensitive enough to see it!

You were definitely lucky to see such a solid-clear manifestation! It can be life altering!

I was wondering though, is he just a residual or energy haunting doing his usual rounds about the house or has your friend ever interacted with him.

Thanks for your story Craigh, I really enjoyed reading it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: