You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted House Across The Street

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House Across The Street

 

My name is Mandy. If you have read my last story (The Ghost In My New Haunted House, read it first) you know that my parents bought a huge house in the very beginning of summer vacation (a month ago) It's in a place really far away from the city. You have to drive through lots of forests. Then you turn right, into my street. The forest continues on the left side. On the right side there are about four huge houses, including mine. Behind my house there's a huge backyard, then a fence, and then a couple of trees. Behind the trees there's a small pasture and there's a forest all around it. So you get the idea: it's a street in the middle of the woods. The pasture behind the houses on my side of the street makes it look like it's not. But the one house in front of us makes it look like it is.

I'm almost positive that the house is haunted. I've only been living here for a month and already two families have moved in, and out. It was actually pretty funny!

My step dad and I were sitting in the kitchen watching the first family move in. They were getting out of the car, all happy and excited, and in two weeks they were moving out, looking almost depressed.

The second family moved in right after the first one moved out. They had a girl who was my age. Her name was Geri and my best friend and I became friends with her. She had the same private tutor as me and my best friend (we're home schooled cause there isn't a school near here.) Since we didn't have school for three whole months we were all bored.

One day, my best friend went to camp for a week and so did my stepsister, so it was just me and Geri. Since I have a huge bedroom, I invited Geri for a sleepover. We spent the night talking and doing girl stuff. At some point, Geri told me that weird things happened at her house. She told me that the door would open by itself, she could hear voices at night and her dog would bark at thin air. We were getting scared so, we went to sleep. In the morning Geri went home.

In about two days she came to my house telling me that she was moving. I asked her why and she said that her mom saw three men in the kitchen holding knives and when they saw her they disappeared. I didn't really believe her. But I knew for sure that she was moving. I watched them drive away.

I told my mom I was going upstairs. I went to my room, turned on the AC and wrote an email on my laptop to my best friend. Wrote back and told me that she was coming home in two days. I looked out my window. It has a view of the pool in the backyard and the pasture. I stared at the horses for a while and then decided to go to my parents' bedroom because it has a view of the house across the street.

So I went to my parents' bedroom leaving my Yorkie puppy sleeping in her new doggie bed. I looked at the house. There was nothing weird about it. So I sat on my parents' bed.

Suddenly my yorkie jumped from her bed and ran to my parents' bedroom. She started barking at the house across the street. I looked at the house and I'm positive I saw a girl in one of the windows! She smiled and waved her hand at me. And then she disappeared! When she did this, my yorkie ran back to my room and hid under my bed. I closed the door to my parents' room and went downstairs to eat lunch.

We have two pools, a big one in the basement and a smaller one in the backyard. Two days ago, my best friend and I were swimming in the pool outside. It wasn't really hot but it was really humid. We looked at the house and there was the same little girl sitting on the front steps. She was wearing a white bloodstained dress. Her hair was messed up. We screamed and ran into my house. We changed, dried our hair, and stayed in my room for the rest of the afternoon.

My last experience happened yesterday. One of my german Shepherds died last week, so yesterday we bought a tiny little shi tzu puppy. We called her Daisy. She's all white except she has a little tan spot next to her ear and another one near her tail. She's really cute, but she gets scared easily.

Unfortunately, when we got her we didn't think about how a 5 week old puppy would get along with a 3 month old dog. My yorkie Mimi doesn't get along with Daisy at all. We bought Mimi a huge square shaped brown dog bed with sky blue polka dots to match my room theme. Mimi gets jealous that I'm giving Daisy more attention and pushes her out of the dog bed. So we had to get Daisy another dog bed. It had the exact same design as Mimi's but it was smaller and it's shaped like a circle.

Today after I ate breakfast, my BFF came over to see my new puppy. She lives next me so she comes over almost every day. As I said before there are only fives houses and a little grocery store here, so everyone knows the people that live on this street. Mine and my best friend's private tutor (home school teacher) lives next to the grocery store. So, my best friend and I were sitting on the swings with Daisy sleeping on the grass near the picnic table and pool. I looked behind me and the girl was in the pasture. My BFF saw her too. Mimi who was on the front steps ran in the house and Daisy ran to me and climbed on to my lap. My best friend headed for her house and I headed for mine.

Now I am writing this sitting on my bed with Mimi in the kitchen and Daisy under my bed. She's still scared. I went outside with Mimi a while ago and searched the yard, the house and all around it but the girl was not there, so I don't know why she's hiding.

I checked the history of this house and it said that a man lived there with his two brothers and a daughter. He went insane and killed everyone. Then he killed himself. I think the girl is his daughter. If anything happens I will keep you informed.

Thanks for reading!

Mandy

Other hauntings by rubyrose_99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rubyrose_99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

no_average_angel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
I'm also thirteen! Well, almost! But the house sounds creepy! Did you ever see the little girl again or do you have any idea who she is? And no offense, but this sounds like the Amityville Horror house with the guy killing his entire family and the little dead girl! Maybe there was a different history to the house...
Who knows? ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Hi, this is a really good story and it is very scary!
Have you seen any more of the girl since this time?
Princess123 x ❤
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
That is a very very creepy story... I have also read your other expereinces and I have to say you have a lot of strange experiences I am 13 and my 3 year old sister has more ghostly experiences than me...
AgnesFlanders (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Hi RubyRose
That's a very creepy story, just do some more research so that you can know more about the history of that house. 😊
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
I'm 14 too! And that must be really scary living in front of a haunted house! Little girl in a bloodstained dress? Wow! 😕 ❤
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Interesting story, a bit creepy at times too. It might be that someone kills his family but in my opinion you should search deeper into the story for more concrete results.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Rubyrose. I enjoyed reading your story. Although you got some, let's just say bad comments I think there might be something in that story. Some people may have never herd of this murder on the tv news because they never said anything. How many murders are there in the U.S?There are more then a dozen everyday so I guess its nothing new. Another example I live in the country. 30 years ago when Poland was still a comunist country Some people hanged a fellow student just because he was a rat. Was that on the news?No!People just didn't talk about this stuff. So I guess this may go for the house RubyRose is Talking about. The Media is sometimes not understandable. Its all about the money. I wouldn't get a mad at these comments because everyone is entitled to them but PEOPLE! Try thinking before you post something! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Francois (220 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear rubyrose_99,

Another great story! Although, I am sorry for the loss of your beloved German shepherd 😢. I want to say, that scared me right out of my chair after I saw the ending. You seem to have multiple restless spirits and usually that is a bad thing. You see, I believe other ghosts will see your house as a hiding place for ghosts and might make it their own abode. Worst yet, a demon could be attracted to all the commotion. Thankfully, that is a worst case scenario and I doubt it will happen. However, you should pray that these restless souls do not harm you. Aside from that, you need to help them cross to the other side. However, if the ghosts do harm you, I advise you pray the Chaplet of St. Michael, with that I am sure you will be safe. However, as always, be careful. Younger people are usually the target, especially people in their early teen years, no pressure, I am sure you will be safe if you keep strong your body and soul.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I am looking forward to your next story, if one does occur. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Makes me wonder if there was something that was inside the house that made the man go all crazy and psycho like. It could still be there if that's the case. Have you ever been inside, and if so, have you ever got a feeling of uneasiness?
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Benifit of the doubt; how can anyone say yes it did or no it didn't happen if they weren't present? And have you all ever considered that depending on the time the tragic event took place your local news at 9 might not have around to cover it. How about giving her a break?😐 Rubyrose thank you for a very good story. I really enjoyed it. 😊 I hope to read more soon. 😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I have to agree with gothgirl... Good story, but how many times can a guy go crazy and kill his entire family and me not hear about it?
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
umm I think you have watchd amityvill horror one to many times... But then again... The mind is an amaizing thing
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
wow that sure is creepy and Yeah People are crazy to do such things as kill a family and then kill themself... I don't know why and The ghost girl may be lonley and need a friend but not know she is dead herself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: