You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady In White in a Kmart

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In White in a Kmart

 

This happened in a retail store in an old Kmart location. When I started in 1984 I remembered hearing comments from other co-workers about a ghost in the stockroom (it was in the first floor). I never seen or heard nothing until one day I was in the stockroom with other co-workers and one (employee) came to us very pale and scared trying to talk to us (she was deaf and mute).

She, later, explained to us, the best she can, that there was a lady in one of the isle and when she tried to get her attention she noticed that her feet weren't touching the floor, the spirit was transparent, and disappeared right in front of her.

Many other things happened around that stockroom; merchandise falling with no reason, when you where there you can feel someone behind you. There was a customer, "an old woman" who told me that before there was a building on the site a woman was found dead in that area, the authorities never found the murderer. After a while somebody identified the woman. It was a woman of high society in that time. She disappeared! The customer asked me how she was dressed in my sitting, and I answered "that she was is in a white dress"..." ÈOh my god"! Was her reaction, "She was buried in a white dress".

Well, one day I had to work overnight and I needed to go to the stockroom, the energy management system turned off part of the lights in some areas of the store and, of course, the back of the stockroom was one of those areas. I went to get some merchandise and when I turned I saw something or somebody just turning in the corner. I went to see what it was and I only saw a white cloud vanishing. Was I very scared? If I say no I'm lying! But it wasn't like I'm not going back to the stockroom by my self because I felt kind of ok with her around.

The company started to build a new store in another location, I remember I went to the main office that was in the stockroom, when I was getting out, I felt suddenly very sad, I walked to the middle of the big empty space I looked all around and many good memories came to my mind and then a cold breeze, "It was a pleasure to have you around" I said, "I hope you can find the way to your peace..."

Where is the stockroom now? It is another dept. store. Sometimes I wanted to ask an employee if they have any kind of spooky situations around, but then I guess they are going to think I'm crazy. After all these years, (I'm not working anymore with this company) I'm still thinking about that lady in white

Other hauntings by 2beauty

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 2beauty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
How unfortunate that you would not be able to return to the site and see if she needs assistance in Crossing Over, or if she is just simply happy there. Thank you for answering.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
hello mustang is right all ghost not bad and sound good to hear about lady in white at kmart never had one in kmart but I did work at walmart and nothing happen to me or anything at walmart just seen something happen that all it did but I quit in 2002 anyway so I had never seen spirts anywhere but I do feel them.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi 2beauty. I really enjoyed hearing a ghost story with a happy ending. Not all ghosts are bad. It must have been comforting, somewhat, to know that while you were in the store at night she was looking out for you. I truly hope that she finds peace. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
2beauty (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
That happened in P.R. I'm not living there now whitebuffalo. And yes males saw her too, they were so scared they don't wanted to go to the stockroom specially in the night. I can write a lot of experiences from somes co-workers but I wanted to made the story more shorter. And she looked like a an old woman with white long hair. I'm sure she was an elegant and a pretty woman on her younger days. I hope she found her way to the light and rest in peace. Thank you all for your comments. ❤
9samo9 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
2beauty that was a great story 😁
Wow that must have been scary for everyone who went to that kmart
Try and stop thinking about that lady in the white dress and then stuff won't go as bad as you think
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
If you are still thinking about her, 2beauty, is it possible for YOU to get to that location? Is it possible for you to be in the area that the other women have seen her in?
I find it interesting that the only people you mention seeing her were female. Now that may be for the simple fact that you only were in touch with the females, or it may also be in that she has not shown herself to any males, or it MAY be that she is a protector of females because of her early demise. She does not appear to be anything other than a sweet Lady.
Can you still get to this location?
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
That was a beautiful story 2beauty-thanks for sharing it!

It's obvious that the spirit of that woman was still wondering around the location of her death probably unable to understand what had happened to her. Did she think her walk into town had lasted a bit too long? Who knows? But it seems that since she was tampering with the clothes at the department store, she might not have realised her demise yet.

I 'm sure she was a kind and peaceful spirit and I trully hope that she has or will find her way home!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi and thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I realy found it very interesting. It is claimed that spirits do have the ability to haunt the land. For example you may see a priest in a mechanics shop.Why? Because there was a chirch once on the land were the Mechanic shop is. This was just a dumb example but I think you have the Idea. Its just sad that the lady could never cross over. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: