You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Lady In The Car

Real Ghost Stories

White Lady In The Car

 

To start things off, this ghostly encounter took place in the Philippines, somewhere around Manila City. This happened to my friend's grandmother while she was driving in her car.

Approximately two years ago, my friend's grandmother was driving around in her car near Manila, Philippines when she got an eerie feeling sort of like if someone was watching you. Since it was night-time it was considerably dark, well at least dark enough that it was hard to see the road. When she got that eerie feeling she made out a figure on the road when she finally slammed the breaks.

"Get the **** off the road" she yelled, but the figure on the road (which was a lady in white commonly known as the White Lady) just kept her finger pointing to my friend's grandma. My friend's grandma thought it was just some crazy lady so she just decided to let it pass and drive.

5 minutes later she got another weird feeling. This time she checked on the road and no one was there, but she noticed that the same tree she saw when she encountered the woman was there-in the exact spot. Coincidence? I think not.

She looked in her rear-view mirror and saw the lady whom she saw before still pointing her finger but this time in the back seat of the car. She grabbed some salt in her compartment and threw it at the apparition and it disappeared.

After that she got a blessing from the priest telling her never to go into that road again. It turns out the road was a giant loop and she was going around in circles. The White Lady still haunts the Philippines and is seen by many people who reside near Quezon City.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phuong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

magneto095 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Hmm... I'm familiar with the incident especially here in the Philippines that when a place is badly haunted, you can't easily "get out" of it. You'll just try to find your way out but you'll see yourself returning on the same spot. And by the way, your friend's grandma is quite brave, eh? Hehe... She didn't even feel scared even the White Lady is on her back seat. And maybe, that lady has a message to your grandma that's why she pointed out the finger to your friend's grandma. Anyway, it's a good story. Thanks for sharing and God bless! =)
vinz89 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
The Philippines has many White ladies.!
I live at the Philippines to in Cebu city...
villain_prince (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-17)
this story probably the balete drive in quezon city... Who is haunted a long time ago... Many accident also happened there back in the years when I was young... Before the accident, victims said that they saw a white lady passing the street along in balete drive... ๐Ÿ˜
maryzeppelinewinchester (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Nice! I have seen cases regarding the Lady In White on tv being solved and all that, so I kind of sort of know about it, but I did NOT know about the loop thing! Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but salt (or rocksalt,
Specifically) is used to get rid of all kinds of bad spirits and ghosts, isn't it? Something about the whole salt purifies the evil stuff, so it only makes sense that when your friends grandma threw salt at her, she disappeared. Anyways, Nice story!
Tc!
jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
wow!

I would so freak out. You are so much braver than me. Oh and don't ever go on the road again. Never know what could happen. Oh and why would you carry salt around. Oh well lucky for you thanks for sharing.
aznbubigurl (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
i'v heard of this giant loop around QC! I have been told by family friends, cousins and cousins friends in the philippines whenever I visit and they've just always told me to be careful and suprisingly enough, every time I went around QC while on holidays over there in 2004, whoever drove that day always carried salt in their car. My lolo (grandfather) use to practice as a witch doctor back in the day also warned me and told me to carry salt with me whenever I went out in philippines. Id rather be safe than sorry.
scoobydoo06 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
It was a nice story except for the grandma having salt on her car compartment!?! It was a little funny... But anyways good story... ๐Ÿ˜Š
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Hi Phuong,

It seems like a very interesting story, I've heard loads of stories of people seeing dead on the road and suddenly they see them in their car, it happened to my own grandad. Me too, I didn't know about the salt part.

Well done
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Excuse me Phuong.

Bellissima: Hi! Yes, I'm back. I was kind of getting a little busy at home and for some reason the stories on here were getting, well, a little on the ridiculous side. It seemed like children were taking over and writing silly stuff and I just didn't want to waste my time anymore reading them. Also, when Martin said that he would be away for awhile because of work, and told everyone too keep it clean, be good, or something like that, the immaturity of the comments were terrible. I'm really happy to be back. ๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for noticing. That made my day knowing that I was missed by someone on this site. I actually missed talking to you guys too.

Again, sorry Phuong. I really did like your story and I will be carrying salt in my glove compartment now, you know, just in case. I didn't know that it would get read of a spirit if you tossed it at them.

TTYL
SHELBY โค ๐Ÿ˜Š
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
hello sound like your friend's grandmother have her experierce seen lady in white and also I don't get out much but what is giant loop?
Darj (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Yay I believe in white lady's even though I haven't seen one. I'm also in the philippines ๐Ÿ˜. But why do you keep salt in your compatrtment. OH well at least your prepared for soemthing XD
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Mustang! - (Please excuse me Phuong) - where have you been hiding? I was wondering what happened, I missed your comments!
Phuong, I'm sorry for intruding on your story. I saw Mustang had commented recently and hoped she'd see her name in the sidebar. I enjoyed your story. Your friend's Grandmother sounds pretty feisty! Thanks for sharing your story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Phuong. Spooky story. There have been times where I am driving at night and I get the creeps sooo bad and I am terrified to look in the rear view mirror in fear of there being a ghost sitting back there hitchhiking. ๐Ÿ˜จI think I am going to start keeping salt in my glove compartment, just in case. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY

โค ๐Ÿ˜Š
Phuong (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Thanks everyone for the comments. I have another one to tell but the sumbit page is currently down. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Phuong ๐Ÿ˜
9samo9 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
wow phoung!
That must have been very scary for your friends grandma ๐Ÿ˜
If I was your friends grandma I would have been vey very scared
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Phuong and welcome! Thanks for sharing an interesting encounter with us.

Hope you'll be coming back with more ๐Ÿ˜Š
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
i realy enjoyed reading this story. I found it very interesting. What fears me most is seeing a spirit on the road. And to that in the middle of it. At first you think its someone who intends do to something bad or something like that then you see its a spirit then what do you do? Me I think I would do something but in my pants ๐Ÿ˜†.Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
What a wonderful legend. Thank you.

For what it is worth, salt is one of the things I carry in my vehicle along with sage, lavender and and pretty stones.

You simply never know.
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
your friends grandma keeps salt handy in her glove compartment?
Just INCASE a pesky ghost drops by ๐Ÿค”

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: