You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Dream Hurt Me For Real

Real Ghost Stories

A Dream Hurt Me For Real

 

Over the past few weeks I didn't have any paranormal or unexplainable events happen to me. I did go to the friends apartment again and yes I did see the blob, but nothing happened.

This account has nothing to do with that but a dream I had on Sunday. It was quite an unusual dream, the way it felt was as if I wasn't dreaming at all. I could feel and hear as if I was there. Sometimes the images would be distorted and the colour would be black & white, or faded colours trying to blend through. The way I was seeing my dream was as if I was looking through a telescope; through one eye.

I will be needing your advice on what happened... How can a dream hurt me in reality? I mean I've gone through every "explainable thing". Before someone claims that I knocked my jaw on the bedside table, I didn't because I don't have one.

Dream time:

The dream that I had was about a lady, she was wearing 19th century clothing. I'm not sure, but I know it wasn't from our time. She was distressed, 3 men was taking away her son and was pleading for them not to. The 3 men however did not seem to be bad at all, as if they were feeling pain too by doing the "evil deed".

The woman pleads to one of the men that was holding her, to give her child back and was crying as to why they were doing this to her.

Everything flashes and I see the woman sitting on the couch, curled up and crying in pain. She stands and talks to herself, telling herself that she has to find her son no matter what, even if she gets herself killed.

Everything flashes again and I see the woman burning, having her head up screaming in pain, everything stops as if time had seized and everything reverses to the day they took her son away. Some how everything changes, the woman directly looks at me and ask me to help her, even though I couldn't do anything I felt great fear when it happened. It was like I was a visitor and I could only watch but not act. After the woman asked for my help, one of the men who was holding her looked at me and punched me out, I woke up with my jaw hurting, and now it sort of clicks... Like if I place my teeth to be straight for a smile and then open it, it tends to click to the right (my right).

It was about 6:00am when I woke up, with my jaw hurting when I was trying to open it, obviously I wasn't thinking about the dream but my jaw, panicking that I was unable to open my mouth wide, when I was able to open it without it hurting I laid back down to hear a voice... "I'm so sorry"

I hid under my blanket.

P.S: my jaw still clicks, and I'm going to see a doctor about it, I'm so scared that I won't be able to open it because every morning after that incident, I would wake up with my jaw hurting, though not as bad as the first time it happened.

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-09)
Honestly it sounds like the start of TMJ. The Temporomandibular Joint. They are two joints that connect to the skull. Do you clench your teeth at night when sleeping? My fiancé up until a couple of years ago never had this problem but now her jaw will click or pop when she yawns, eats or sometimes even talks. Its more annoying to her than painful. If you start getting headaches because of it you should probably seek medical attention. There really isn't any medical surgery that can be done and if there is its risky. I suggest seeing an upper cervical chiropractor. Thanks for the story though. I've actually woken from dreams before where I've been assaulted and had pain in that certain area. You may have slept on your face wrong that night as well and caused some discomfort which attributed to the dream that you had. Anyway, good luck and get that jaw looked at =)
ailly (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
it was the best, interesting story! I think it would be joined with your life or any one of your family who died! Feeling sorry for the jaw (which was the best and confusing type part)! Did you ever see the man or woman again?

thanks for the story ❤ 😨
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
This is real my family experienced such things and try to find out what women need and tell us what will happen next
Khristy2805 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Oh wow this is kind of like what happened to me! I was chilling in my dream from a shark attack and my mum herd me choking for real
jewelre (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
maybe you spirit walked? 😕... I believe I did two times. Hmm maybe I will submit them.
FrozenDream (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Well... This is interesting, I have researched dreams like this and have had a few, MAYBE this is an event that has happened before in not your past lifetime but your ancestors past lifetime and maybe you need to find out her name and her sons and try imaging her and her son before you sleep and speak aloud and tell her that her sons alright and if she can pass on happily now.

Good luck
Xxx ❤ ❤
Mortork (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
Really good story I sometimes click my jaw too, one time I got a really sore jaw. And I grind my teeth as well. Could be that.
AyuNe (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
When I was in year 11, my Religious Education teacher used to tell my class of "Dreams" of this type. Because I firmly believed his stories and in the paranormal. And so he told me this story:

He had a dream, a kind of dream that felt like a reality, as if he were a different person. He dreamt that he was in a jail, pleading to be released, but instead, he was taken into a courtyard and executed, waking up immediately after what happened.

He is a really religious man, and I believe in his spiritual beliefs, but what he believes is that this "dream" is a "memory" of what happened in a previous life.

I'm not sure what to say at this point, but could it be that this is a "memory"?

I hope the answers are revealed to you soon.
All the best,
Mark.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Maybe you grind your teeth at night, or maybe you were during that particular intense dream, I know that when I have a lucid or vivid dream, I often find myself tense in my neck and shoulders, and sometimes even jaw. I also know that my mom grinds her teeth at night and she often wakes up with her jaw hurting something terrible.
Scary dream though, I hate those ones that leave you so helpless feeling.
Also, my jaw clicks too, but it's from too much chewing gum LOL.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Ok heres the deal. I believe you first of all. Second, you may have punched yourself in your sleep. Your mind would have put that in your dream whatever way fit best. If you had been say, having a dream about walking down stairs and punched yourself, perhpas your brain would make it seem as if you fell on the last couple. Maybe you slept on your jaw wrong and opened it in a bad position when you were dreaming doing real physical damage. Again your brain fitting this event into your dream. I am sure you have woken to the sound of an alarm clock going of at some point in your life yes? I ahve done this as well but in my dream I was having I saw a truck backing up and heard it as well right before I woke up
hales3 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
I've had experiences just like this! I've never been known for sleep walking and somehow I have dreams where I get hurt and I feel the pain in the dream and wake up to it being real pain as well. It's frightening, and it's always a different story. Like different people are showing me how they died or something...Idk. It's really strange though.
babygirlacm (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
hello I'm not trying to be mean but what does this story have to do with a haunting if you hurt your jaw you might of hit hit with your knuckle while you were sleeping as I agree with faerielike on that you might of hit yourself sometimes scientists say that you can be in a deep sleep and not know what you did or how you ended up with a bruise or a hurt jaw is beyond me if your that conderned about your dream research it and see what you can find out you never know you could find something
HateRequiresLove (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Reality can be hell sometimes, It just happens. This has happened to me... But not in the same way before... In my dreams it may sound stupid, but it was like when I was around... 7 or something, anyway, I always saw a monster truck crashing through the wall, when I woke up I was so scared, I went outside, I saw CAR TRACKS on the grass. This may be the same coincidince. These kind of things happen. Nobody really knows how it happens. Just live with it. If it's hurting you that much, try wearing a hockey helmet when you sleep, maybe you will see some blood on the helmet or something when you wake up from the fist? (Its stupid yet may work) I'm sorry for bumping, but I hope you have a good life and holy4u.
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Wow. I think the woman needs help finding her son. I think the ghost of the woman may be showing you her memories to get you to help her. It would be good to do some research and see if you can find out about the woman. If you have the dream again, ask here what her name is. 😕

Be careful.
Xx
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Someone is stuck in the after life re-living this event, sounds like a call for help. If you can create a circle with holy water and tell the spirit to pass on to the other side. If you do not want to go there then, get some holy water a cross and protect yourself, because how many of those bad dreams can a person take.

Good luck and Keep your Guard up.
Wow, that's Amazing.
miss_sherbert (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
wow I never ever heard any thing like that umm was the apollagie from the man or the woman? Thanks for publishing this! 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Pixel; it was the lady who apologised. ><"

Liberty; the lady was quite pretty, BIG hair and like her dress was massive! She was burning at a stake. Like she was tied there left to die - A murder, not a trial.

Aber & Grunt; I have no table beside my bed, I sleep in a double bed and the only next to me is a wall, so I don't think that, that can hurt my jaw, unless I smashed my face on it, which is unlikely.

Bboy; I sleep by myself, and I'm the youngest in the family, I don't think a 19 year old would share a room with a 24 year old. LOL! (me being 19)

Farie; That is a possibility.

When I went to the doctor he asked how my jaw started clicking, obviously I couldn't say "oh someone punched me in the face in my dream and I woke up with my jaw hurting"
So I replied with "i don't know".

He asked me if I was involved any fights, I said "no" he then asked if I was abused by any family member... GOD NO! The only explaination he came up with is because of my jaw just came out of alignment and that there are exercise routines to re-align it.

He said it wasn't serious, cause he can't hear the clicking, but he can obviously see my bottom teeth just shift the right (his left) just a little bit, so he was suggesting some type of gum shield, he said it would be uncomfortable, so I said "no" I'll just do the exercise routines.

OH JOY! EXERCISE FOR MY MOUTH, HOW FUN! 😆

Anyways, I did have the dream again, last night, it was just a hot flash, of the woman burning. I woke up, sweating just abit and went back to sleep, I then heard my bedroom door slam the wall (as if someone opened it really hard and pushed it) I shot my eyes open towards the door to see it was still closed. This completely freaked me out. But I managed to sleep again.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Maybe you punched yourself in the jaw. I have seen people do such things in their sleep in deep dreaming. 😊
BboyFreeze (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Maybe its your siblings who accidentally knocked your jaw while you were in your dreams? But the problem is, how can it be so much a coincidence.

"because every morning after that incident, I would wake up with my jaw hurting, though not as bad as the first time it happened..."

You mean that it happens many times before? Maybe the woman really needed your help. If the dream continue, you can ask her what you can do for her in the dream. Anyway, after seeking for the doctor's help, hows your jaw now? Take care...
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
I can't really give you much advice but all I can say is maybe you hit your jaw on something in your sleep.
I've had similiar experiences, for example, well I'm sleeping feet at the bottom of the bed my head at the top.
I'll all of a sudden fell like I'm falling of the edge of the world then come to a sudden stop, it neave woke me up.
Only to wake up on my bedroom floor with my head at the bottom of my bed and my feet at the top.
All I could saw is you may of hit your jaw against your dresser or nightstand.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

-Gruntman-
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Well, recently my grandmother had a dream that she saw a man (She's unmarried) and he was running away. She chased him in her dream, and she fell off the bed, hit a table and fractured her collarbone. It is possible something similar happened to you.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Is it possible that you might have struck your jaw against something while dreaming? I've had dreams in which similar things occur and it gets absorbed (for lack of a better word) into the dream, as if the dream is somehow providing an explanation for you. I know I'm not explaining this very well--it's as if the man punched you in the jaw in your dream to account for you feeling a blow and having pain from it.

Good thing you're seeing a doctor--let us know how that goes.

The burning woman--that baffles me a bit. Could you possibly describe her clothing? I might be able, then, to get an idea of her time period. Was it like a burning at the stake? Or perhaps being caught in a burning building?

As for having her son taken away, that would have done it for me--as a mother, I can empathize (even from half a world away and through your description) with how she must have felt! 😭
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
was the apologising voice the man or the woman? I'm sorry about your jaw...
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Whoa that story is crazy... Its so... Well amazing... Thankyou muchly for publishing it. Sorry I can give no insight into it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: